Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Version of Drinking Alone

Which is your favourite version of Drinking Alone

• Total voters
Stage couch. I'm not heaps fond of the album version, it's probably my least listened too track but ive fell in love with it after the two acoustic versions.

maddkat

Staff member
Stagecouch by far has been the best version.
Would love to know who was playing that guitar.

Farawayhills

I voted for the tour version.

This wasn't one of my favourite songs on the album - the choppy semi-spoken verse passages didn't do a lot for me (though I thought that, thematically, the lyric was quite a strong departure for Carrie)

However, some of the live performances were great - the bluesy effect of the horn, and the retro effect of the singer's complementary interaction with the rhythm of the big bass fiddle lifted the song to a whole new dimension for me. For example, the intro and the closing sequence were particularly memorable here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6Tp3U5kwZc

monkeyboy16

Vocally, her stagecouch version was the best. I loved that you could really hear the dynamics of her voice. Sometimes that gets lost when singing with the full band