Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIFTH single from BA - speculation thread

Inspired

Even if we knew all of the reasons Sony and Carrie chose to release the singles they did and the number of singles, many here would not agree with that decision. Given the fact that we know basically nothing about their reasoning the speculation and angst serves little purpose. Here's a quote from Carrie that sums up her attitude pretty nicely. We could all take a lesson from her.

"I am a very lucky lady, for sure, and can’t wait to just see what doors open up next."

Thanks this helps but I am still going through the Anger stage of my grief.

I am thankful for Sunday nights

Last edited:

Louisa

I'm sad that we aren't getting a fifth single. I would have loved Wine After Whiskey to have been released but never mind. I am looking forward to what's next for Carrie.

mbh

Even if we knew all of the reasons Sony and Carrie chose to release the singles they did and the number of singles, many here would not agree with that decision. Given the fact that we know basically nothing about their reasoning the speculation and angst serves little purpose. Here's a quote from Carrie that sums up her attitude pretty nicely. We could all take a lesson from her.

"I am a very lucky lady, for sure, and can’t wait to just see what doors open up next."

Carrie Fans should be an "ADVOCATE" for "CHANGE"!!! The "bottom line" of marketing activities should be the "net profit". Gary Overton's Marketing Plan for Miranda Lambert is NOT "paying off". Gary's BEST Marketing Plan for Miranda Lambert is ALL FOR "NAUGHT" because Miranda CAN NOT CLOSE THE "SALES" LIKE Carrie Underwood did!!! We need "CHANGE"!!! ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!! Gary CAN NOT PUSH Miranda Lambert to the Music Market. That is all Miranda Lambert can do DESPITE of "COUNTLESS AMOUNT OF MONEY AND ENERGY SPENT".

opry051008

Not getting a fifth single is not a big deal to some but it sure is a big deal for others. This thread is a place for those that are upset about it to commiserate. If it isn't a big deal to you then simply avoid this thread.

txacar

Not getting a fifth single is not a big deal to some but it sure is a big deal for others. This thread is a place for those that are upset about it to commiserate. If it isn't a big deal to you then simply avoid this thread.

Thanks. I'm still upset about the lack of a 5th single, and feel cheated by the label who makes millions off of her albums that are purchased by her fans. One more release could only have been good for all concerned.

Regarding Carrie's comment about future "surprises," has there been any news about New Years Eve? If you recall, the initial announcement was pulled.

Beeanna

This is my first appearance on the site so I hope I'm doing it right! I want to agree those who've commented on the many lovely qualities Carrie displays in DYTAM. It is, indeed, sweet, infectious, shows her truly rare ability to go from head to chest voice successfully, and I keep singing it and playing any of her live versions of it over and over once I start. The whole album is great, has more songs that will be sadly not released. Wine After Whiskey is lovely too, and Forever Changed, and and and. In my book, and I'm a singer myself who used to record with my family on Columbia Records, Carrie is one of the best singers of any generation in any genre and her voice remains distinctive in a way that truly makes me love her like a daughter. And she sings like she speaks, which is the correct thing. Bless her beautiful, twinkly self.

rainbow1

This is my first appearance on the site so I hope I'm doing it right! I want to agree those who've commented on the many lovely qualities Carrie displays in DYTAM. It is, indeed, sweet, infectious, shows her truly rare ability to go from head to chest voice successfully, and I keep singing it and playing any of her live versions of it over and over once I start. The whole album is great, has more songs that will be sadly not released. Wine After Whiskey is lovely too, and Forever Changed, and and and. In my book, and I'm a singer myself who used to record with my family on Columbia Records, Carrie is one of the best singers of any generation in any genre and her voice remains distinctive in a way that truly makes me love her like a daughter. And she sings like she speaks, which is the correct thing. Bless her beautiful, twinkly self.

Welcome to CF!!! We need to hear more from you.....with your recording history and experience!!

Gator

Welcome to CF's. Glad you love Carrie as much as we do!

Look forward to you sharing your music knowledge and talents with us!

Razz

I will never, never, never understand why it was decided not to release Do You Think About Me. If you watch her performances of the song at various venues you will see she gets a great crowd reaction from the song. I go into a whole other world when I hear it. Whyyyyy

steven77571

I always felt that "Cupid's Got a Shotgun" should have been a single. It's funny and Brad plays the heck out of the guitar on it.

mtreasmith

I always felt that "Cupid's Got a Shotgun" should have been a single. It's funny and Brad plays the heck out of the guitar on it.

I can only listen to that song maybe once a month. It gets annoying. haha I fee like Wine After Whiskey should have been a single. Its country to the core.. its beautiful.

pklongbeach

My new favorite all of a sudden is "Forever Changed".

No, it should not be a single, but the world should hear her sing it.

The lyrics fall like someone telling the story of their life. and if you listen closely she is almost whispering at times.

IF she could create those moments for an audience (in stead of getting nervous like she always does, ha ha ha) it would be spell binding.

Her studio work is on par with the best.

txacar

My new favorite all of a sudden is "Forever Changed".

No, it should not be a single, but the world should hear her sing it.

The lyrics fall like someone telling the story of their life. and if you listen closely she is almost whispering at times.

IF she could create those moments for an audience (in stead of getting nervous like she always does, ha ha ha) it would be spell binding.

Her studio work is on par with the best.

FC has been my favorite since the album was released. Perhaps should not be a single, but would love if it could get some airplay so others could it. Carrie's beautiful vocals on the song give it even more meaning. David Wild tweeted it as song of the day in honor of his Dad and all with alzheimer's.

"WILD SONG OF THE DAY: "Forever Changed" by @carrieunderwood. This powerful song makes me think of my late great Dad & all with #Alzheimers."

A young teen is covering FC for a contest at Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. Beautiful!!! You can listen at the link in Danielle Bradbury's tweet:

Danielle Bradbery ‏@DBradbery Jan 28 Vote for @jennybarosh for a great deal that could help her a lot with what she deserves ❤️ http://rodeohouston.com/Events/RodeoRockstar/RodeoRockstarVoting.aspx#view/19254/1774934 …

I also wish Carrie would perform it live, but she said she never will.

maddkat

Staff member
FC has always been one of my favorites off BA.
I still get teary when I listen to it right about the time she sings 'called'.
There's just that little catch in her voice that gets me every time.

I hope someday we do get to hear Carrie sing it live.