Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FIFTH single from BA - speculation thread

lizcarlo

Oh yes I wish we could hear forever changed live. I know she cant sing it live. I'm grateful that she recorded the song. I want her to sing WAW. Such a beautiful pure country song.

lolita55

Oh yes I wish we could hear forever changed live. I know she cant sing it live. I'm grateful that she recorded the song. I want her to sing WAW. Such a beautiful pure country song.

I think she should have released good in goodbye. I love that song. It reminds me of the female version, and modern version of unanswered prayers.

carriefan14

I think this video proves WAW would have been the fifth single.

Whoever made the decision not to release it...made a big mistake.

lizcarlo

ramb

I just listened to WAW and it hit me again: this song should've been single #5.
Don't know why, but it feels like a huge hit to me, awards and top spots-worthy.

ethelu

I just listened to WAW and it hit me again: this song should've been single #5.
Don't know why, but it feels like a huge hit to me, awards and top spots-worthy.

Sony was stupid not to release it as a single. They aren't interested in making money or what?

lizcarlo

^^ Agree. It would have been perfect single to end era of Blown Away. This time if they have traditional beautiful song they better release it as single.

maddkat

Staff member
WAW would have tanked, the bro country movement was gearing up in 2013 and radio would have had no use for a slow ballad.

ethelu

WAW would have tanked, the bro country movement was gearing up in 2013 and radio would have had no use for a slow ballad.

I don't know about that. I suppose we would have to look back at 2013 and see if there were any ballads on the charts, but, we're talking about Carrie Underwood. Carrie is enormously popular and I think radio would play her anyway.

lizcarlo

^^^ I wound have liked that as well. Good In Goodbye is another great one. It would have showed her toned down beauty side to her vocals that's heaven on earth. The song would have showed another great song she wrote.

carriefan14

Whoever is responsible for picking out the singles needs to release only the 4 strongest songs from the next album. The singles have been, for the most part, smart choices but if we're only doing 4 singles from now on, those spots are really precious. Really there are more complaints of songs that didn't get released as opposed to ones that were. Mama's Song is the only single I ever had a problem with, and even that wasn't so simple. It made sense to release it when they did, but it just isn't compelling.