Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FOX's Grease Live

maddkat

Staff member
^ I agree, without some big name stars it'll be like a Glee episode.I will definitely pass on that.

Suellen

Read the following today:

Could Taylor Swift Star in Live Grease Broadcast?

Grease is the word Taylor Swift could be hearing soon enough – at least if a few reliable sources get their way.

The country megastar is the top choice among entertainment news outlets to take the spotlight in the upcoming live broadcast of Grease.

FOX has announced plans to air Grease Live in 2015, and both E! Online and Perez Hilton are speculating the leading role of “Sandy Olsson” should go to Taylor.

Olivia Newton-John took on the role of “Sandy” in the popular 1978 film version of the story, which was based on an original 1971 musical.
But who could star as Taylor’s “Danny Zuko” (originally played by John Travolta)?

Some names being tossed around right now include Nick Jonas, Zac Efron and even rapper Drake.

It’s too early to tell who FOX will cast in the live production, which follows the 2013 live broadcast of The Sound of Music Live on NBC.
Of course, Carrie Underwood took the starring role in that one.

cary78663

Obsessed Chart Watcher
Read the following today:

Could Taylor Swift Star in Live Grease Broadcast?

Grease is the word Taylor Swift could be hearing soon enough – at least if a few reliable sources get their way.

The country megastar is the top choice among entertainment news outlets to take the spotlight in the upcoming live broadcast of Grease.

FOX has announced plans to air Grease Live in 2015, and both E! Online and Perez Hilton are speculating the leading role of “Sandy Olsson” should go to Taylor.

Olivia Newton-John took on the role of “Sandy” in the popular 1978 film version of the story, which was based on an original 1971 musical.
But who could star as Taylor’s “Danny Zuko” (originally played by John Travolta)?

Some names being tossed around right now include Nick Jonas, Zac Efron and even rapper Drake.

It’s too early to tell who FOX will cast in the live production, which follows the 2013 live broadcast of The Sound of Music Live on NBC.
Of course, Carrie Underwood took the starring role in that one.

I don't see Taylor as an option. The article says it will be an ensemble cast. I just don't see Taylor working well in an ensemble. Plus if they are going to use songs from the movie, there is no way Taylor has a range anywhere close to Olivia Newton-John. She could never pull off Hopelessly Devoted To You.

Suellen

I don't see Taylor as an option. The article says it will be an ensemble cast. I just don't see Taylor working well in an ensemble. Plus if they are going to use songs from the movie, there is no way Taylor has a range anywhere close to Olivia Newton-John. She could never pull off Hopelessly Devoted To You.
Cary, I agree with you 100% and I do not know what E! Online and Perez Hilton were thinking when they mentioned Taylor.

Last edited:

hjj

They are flating her nameto get a buzz just like they did before. I can't see them doing it live if she was to get the part.