Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gabby Barrett

simonplay

Second runner up in American Idol 2018.

First official single "I Hope" out now!

Music video:

81NQp+kI0qL._SS500_.jpg

simonplay

"I Hope" it's been in the top 100 in itunes all genre for more than a week now, without radio airplay or live performances, she doesn't even have a label yet, I think she have hit with this song!

I Hope up to #60 (+12)

The music video hit 1 million views in 3 weeks!

simonplay

Barrett has also partnered with Forever 21 and Girls Inc. to create a capsule collection of inclusive, fun clothing that celebrates women in preparation for International Women’s Day this Friday, March 8. The line, curated by Barrett and nine other young female artists, launched February 21 and is available now at forever21.com.

She also perform the National Anthem at the Predators vs. Minnesota Wild hockey game in Nashville, TN last night. (Will post a video later)

Kizmet311

Thanks for keeping us updated on Gabby. I watched all of last season, but haven't really kept up with any of them post-Idol. I follow Maddie on Twitter, but I'm not sure why, lol. I haven't even listened to her latest single. I will definitely check out Gabby's song. That's good of her to partner with Forever 21 and cross-market. It certainly can't hurt!

simonplay

Thanks for keeping us updated on Gabby. I watched all of last season, but haven't really kept up with any of them post-Idol. I follow Maddie on Twitter, but I'm not sure why, lol. I haven't even listened to her latest single. I will definitely check out Gabby's song. That's good of her to partner with Forever 21 and cross-market. It certainly can't hurt!

It's an amazing song!

I Hope up to #50 (+10) !!!

rcramer

I agree. Thanks for keeping us updated with her music..... With the right music, the sky is the limit for Gabby......

Funny, I always thought the better singers that came from Idol where your runner ups like Clay Aiken, Katharine McPhee , Diana DeGarmo, Adam Lambert, David Archuleta..... Most had beautiful voices and the powerhouses IMO.......

FanSince04

I read an article where Gabby stated she hasn’t chosen a label, because she doesn’t want to compromise/be forced to follow certain rules. I believe she is releasing her album independently, which is the route she wants to go! I don’t recommend it simply because I feel there would be more comfort/safety knowing a label is behind you... but even a label can drop you if you don’t perform well enough. I am really loving this song though! This should’ve been her coronation song hahaha!

simonplay

It's doing surprisingly well for no radio play. Are you sure there isn't some type of promotion somewhere?

I guess that CMT is playing her video and I think some station is playing the song but nothing of that would make the song sell that well, I think the song it's selling on it's own tbh.

Farawayhills

I've not encountered this artist before, but the song you posted is one she co-wrote with Jon Nite (who was also one of the writers of the Urban/Lambert duet "We Were Us", and co-wrote Maddie & Tae's current lead song, "Friends Don't", with Maddie Marlowe.)

Gabby's song has attracted comments comparing its structure to "Before He Cheats", and this is perhaps not too surprising, as Gabby has claimed Carrie as her initial main role model and influence. I found her American Idol audition, in which she mentions Carrie, and begins with "Good Girl" (a very bold choice, as this is one of Carrie's most complex songs) - the judges, however, stopped her, as they wanted her to emphasize her own personality. They put her through to the main competition on the strength of a spiritual she had learnt at church. if you haven't seen it, this is the audition video, which also tells something of her background and personality:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIyMebmrQqs

Carrie has apparently commented on her favourably (though the linked site wouldn't let me open it - perhaps because of regional blocking)
https://kdkaradio.radio.com/article...-if-american-idol-finalist-gabby-barrett-wins

I think the song shows passion, and some interesting twists in the lyric and the music - though I did have to listen two or three times to really get into it. I hope it's a success - I like her as an artist, and think she's certainly worth watching for the future.

simonplay

American Idol
@AmericanIdol
Quick peek at the
@iTunes
Top 50… ��

- No. 15: Shayy audition song “Rise Up” by
@AndraDayMusic
��
- No. 40: Ethan Payne audition song “Do I” by our own
@LukeBryanOnline
��