Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gabby Barrett

Momin

So glad they chose this as a single, I think this will be the last song from this era.

FanSince04

Interestingly, Gabby’s new single isn’t charting very well on iTunes. It’s still early to see how it did on streaming it’s first day.

Smokyiiis

Interestingly, Gabby’s new single isn’t charting very well on iTunes. It’s still early to see how it did on streaming it’s first day.
Unfortunately to me it sounds like too many of her other songs. No distinction to me. I hope it starts charting better but I personally think they picked the wrong first single with Glory Days.

Zach1998

I enjoy "Glory Days." It reminds me of something that Carrie would cut. Hope it does well for her. She's one of my favorites from the next generation (a lot because she's one of the few newbies who can actually hold a note lol.)

FanSince04

I enjoy "Glory Days." It reminds me of something that Carrie would cut. Hope it does well for her. She's one of my favorites from the next generation (a lot because she's one of the few newbies who can actually hold a note lol.)
I definitely like her. I was just surprised to see her song not selling like the others did. Glory Days is the lead single off her sophomore album (I don’t count the deluxe version of Goldmine as an album), so I would love it to propel her to greater heights.

Eder Rodrigues

I really enjoyed the album 'Goldmine', but after the flop of 'Footprints in the Moon' and her comeback with 'Pick Me Up', I have the impression that she's been relying too much on songs that reflect her relationship, her newlywed life basically, like having a perfect family. And there's always a subtle religious touch to it. That has made me lose a bit of interest, and perhaps the same thing might happen to other listeners.

FanSince04

I really enjoyed the album 'Goldmine', but after the flop of 'Footprints in the Moon' and her comeback with 'Pick Me Up', I have the impression that she's been relying too much on songs that reflect her relationship, her newlywed life basically, like having a perfect family. And there's always a subtle religious touch to it. That has made me lose a bit of interest, and perhaps the same thing might happen to other listeners.
“Footprints On The Moon” should have NEVER flopped! Such a great song along with “Write It On My Heart”

NC State Carrie Fan

I actually like Glory Days, but I do get the sentiment of others that it is very similar to her past music.

275K streams through the first 3 days. Take Me Out gas 300K, is below her on the new country playlist, and is not a lead single so hopefully it picks up.

Zach1998

Also a cool piece of info for those who didn't know. Per Gabby's Bobby Bones interview, her and Miranda wrote a song for her second album, and the way Gabby made it sound, she wants to have Miranda sing on it as well.

CU4ever

I love Glory Days. I don’t think every song has to make a statement or sound new. It’s just a catchy feel good song. It reminds me of the songs you’d hear at the end of a feel good rom-com from the 2000s or 2010s

simonplay

I think Glory Days it's a great lead single as long as she come up with something really strong for the second single!
GD was made for radio and will do well there.

Also we know Gabby is a very christian person and she write about her life so I don't know why it's a surprise now?

Eder Rodrigues

I think Glory Days it's a great lead single as long as she come up with something really strong for the second single!

Also we know Gabby is a very christian person and she write about her life so I don't know why it's a surprise now?
It's not a surprise, that's precisely the point. But perhaps it's a sentiment shared by a minority, including myself, who see more possibilities for her and expect different things. In the end, she has to do what she wants.

FanSince04

I don’t think it’s as much a surprise as redundant. I love the Christian feel to her songs. Many of the male artists fall victim to having “stock” songs that sound the same.