Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

George Michael dies

Farawayhills

News outlets here are reporting that George Michael, sadly, has passed away at home, on Christmas Day. Police say no suspicious circumstances appear to apply. His publicist says he was a Pop singer who transcended Pop, who could hold his own with the great Soul and Gospel singers, and was a songwriter of notability.

(This news, I'm sure, will affect Carrie, who was a big fan growing up, and once named him as her greatest influence, performing a memorable live cover of "Praying For Time",earlier in her career)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY6ziVcfRvM

_luvqry

Can we please just finish 2016? So many sad things with another plane crashing and now this.

maddkat

Staff member
So,so sad.He was so young.
We listened to a myriad of his songs last night after hearing the news.Everyone seemed to have a different favorite.

pklongbeach

Thought of Carrie right away when I heard the news.
Praying for Time was one of my favorite covers of hers......

Sad that he seemed to struggle with what should have been a truly charmed life..... Oh well, we never know peoples demons. And the sad reality that his sexual orientation not being acceptable to society likely led to a lot of the darker sides of his actions. Its all just very sad....