Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story chart updates

CU4ever

GS is +1.353 million (!) on Billboard this week, and is still only a tiny bit behind Combs' new song - just 100K behind in audience. Combs only gained 100K more than GS did this week, as well (maybe radio doesn't like it as much as they thought?). Either way, it is a very good showing for GS to only gain 100K less than a song that is thought of as being so huge by country radio's favorite.

So the takeaway is this- if updates like these continue, it would not be hard for GS to push ahead of Combs if needed. But the more likelier scenario, which I hope happens, is that Combs will go and pass up a few more songs and get out of GS' way so it does not become a problem. But either way, I still doubt he is a problem. It is not a great sign for him to only gain a little more than GS did this week, and speaks to just how well GS is doing.

maddkat

Staff member
^ sorry yes it was the third week for the song, regardless it sits at 13 after 3 weeks and has passed GS. It will likely remain ahead of GS until it starts falling/goes recurrent

countrymusicfan15

I just keep seeing more and more promotion for PC. I hope since GS is still going to be charting for awhile, it’s just part of their strategy this era to try and gain streaming by promoting another song at the same time. There’s no way they’re pulling GS for PC right????

CU4ever

^ sorry yes it was the third week for the song, regardless it sits at 13 after 3 weeks and has passed GS. It will likely remain ahead of GS until it starts falling/goes recurrent
Yeah, I know. I just said GS could pass him in a big push. But , IMO, I would say that’s what we want. We want it peaked way before GS get to the top , so hopefully it passes a few more songs. I just thought it was noteworthy how GS gained almost as much as he did

Last edited:

Hil

I just keep seeing more and more promotion for PC. I hope since GS is still going to be charting for awhile, it’s just part of their strategy this era to try and gain streaming by promoting another song at the same time. There’s no way they’re pulling GS for PC right????
where are you seeing promotion for it? I'm not seeing anything? And no, I don't think they'll pull it.

countrymusicfan15

where are you seeing promotion for it? I'm not seeing anything? And no, I don't think they'll pull it.
The iHeart Country radio Facebook page just posted this earlier:
Pop some 'Pink Champagne' because Carrie Underwood is the ULTIMATE #WCW 🍾💕
With a picture of Carrie from the GNR concert with a link to PC (sorry can’t get the pic to upload here)

and then there was the Fallon performance (Carrie’s fb page did a ICYMI post for it 5 days ago too), the lyric video, being added to a lot of playlists on Spotify, etc

Last edited:

Hil

The iHeart Country radio Facebook page just posted this earlier:
Pop some 'Pink Champagne' because Carrie Underwood is the ULTIMATE #WCW 🍾💕
With a picture of Carrie from the GNR concert with a link to PC (sorry can’t get the pic to upload here)

and then there was the Fallon performance (Carrie’s fb page did a ICYMI post for it 5 days ago too), the lyric video, being added to a lot of playlists on Spotify, etc
Not sure I would consider the iheart thing promotion, but I guess you could. I actually like that tweet and didn't think a thing about it. I think there was a time frame she and her team had to wait to post the Pink Champagne video on her youTube since it was already up on Fallons. They had already added VH & CA performances, and just now got to add her PC performance. All that being said, that doesn't mean it wont' be a single, but I don't think the latter is promotion as much as finally being able to add the performance to her own youtube channel.

maddkat

Staff member
no way

GS remains at #12 (-13/+.152)
12 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Ghost Story 4080 3913 167 15.657