Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story chart updates

CU4ever

I do think bearing it's callout's take a major turn for the worse, that it can go at least #1 on Mediabase, it feels like it has much more life right now than LW, CP, DA did when they were at the same chart position.

Almost all the songs have been pretty complement due to the log jam at the top with Wallen having a 3 week #1. Things are going to start picking up here soon, as the log jam is over. Luke will pass here soon (which is a good thing, so he won't be an issue when Carrie won't have any issues when push week comes.)
Could not agree more. Everything you said, my thoughts exactly. I think it has a real shot at the top and like you said, every song is having trouble due to this log jam. Maren has a bullet of 15 at #9, lol. The #10 song - which was doing very well - started struggling / slowing this week. Just like GS did. All of these started slowing and not gaining much because they can’t move up the chart and are stuck at one number for weeks while like 3 songs got 8 total weeks at number one (ugh)

Last edited:

PRGuy79

With the log jam, I am concerned that UMG will decide they need to move to another single to draw new interest to the album. As much as I love Ghost Story, the chart run has never felt like a #1 chart run to me, unfortunately. I hope I am wrong. In addition to the slow-down on radio, streaming seems to have plateaued. I'm afraid they may pull a "Cry Pretty" and make a final push into Top 10 and then choose to move on.

FanSince04

With the log jam, I am concerned that UMG will decide they need to move to another single to draw new interest to the album. As much as I love Ghost Story, the chart run has never felt like a #1 chart run to me, unfortunately. I hope I am wrong. In addition to the slow-down on radio, streaming seems to have plateaued. I'm afraid they may pull a "Cry Pretty" and make a final push into Top 10 and then choose to move on.
I feel the exact opposite. The single seems to have been having a faster chart run than her singles on CP.

countrymusicfan15

Chart runs are longer these days compared to back in 2018. Like inflation, shouldn’t that be considered?
True but if we’re not getting any return on streaming and album sales, I don’t see how it can be justified having an extra long chart run
At the end of the day, Carrie still needs to make that money haha and maybe if they move on sooner than later, we could get 4 singles instead of just 3

PRGuy79

^ if were just talking lead singles, as would make sense, CP got to #11 in 11 weeks, took GS 16 weeks.
then CP peaked 10 weeks later at #6
Yes, and it took a massive push for Cry Pretty to reach #6 as they realized the natural climb was coming to an end.

maddkat

Staff member
^^ CP got barely any push at all it's final week ( +100 updates a day )in comparison to the crazy pushes that are going on now(+300 updates)

GS remains at #11(+1/+.029)
11 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Ghost Story 4254 4142 112 17.337

Last edited:

CU4ever

Well, at least it stayed 11 W2W. But I’m sure it’ll get passed by luke combs next week, however, Tim may fall like a sack of bricks, so it could cancel out. Plus, Morgan Wallen will be going off next Sunday, so if all goes well, could be top ten next weekend!

also, FWIW— GS has a higher bullet than 19 songs in the top 30. and Combs had a worse update than GS did today (lost audience and only gained 4 spins). It was a slow week for everyone

Last edited:

Zach1998

Updates should start picking up next week, as Tim's massive push to #1 is over. Basically everyone's bullet right now is pretty low due to Tim taking almost everyone's spins. He ended the week with a bullet of over 1700. I wish Carrie would get these types of pushes.

I do think they should push the song as long as radio seems like it'll take it to #1. If they wanted to release it as a lead (over many better options) then might as well get a #1 out of it if theres a chance. However, if radio starts to stall it I don't want a long unneccesary holding on of it, and would rather it be dropped for single two, as it's sales/streaming (which were never anything amazing) have gone down a lot. It's predicted to fall back to the 90s positions on the hot 100. This really shouldn't have been the lead, when we have songs like Velvet Heartbreak and Burn.