Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story chart updates

Zach1998

I think it’ll keep climbing and get at least a top 3 peak. If we had a weaker chart I’d even say I see a #1 in the cards. But given that some of the biggest hits of the year currently are in the top 10 or about to enter, makes me hesitant. It still could happen, but it’s looking more and more uphill the more that this one doesn’t get going.

Zach1998

I guess if were in it for the long hall the sooner wishful drinking, you proof, and 5 foot 9 pass the better. Don’t need to start planning for a push week thinking that it’ll be ahead of those.

CU4ever

It’s very sad how radio has no problem giving Wishful Drinking a massive power Up but is refusing to do so for GS which deserves it

CU4ever

I guess if were in it for the long hall the sooner wishful drinking, you proof, and 5 foot 9 pass the better. Don’t need to start planning for a push week thinking that it’ll be ahead of those.
Hopefully by then another song has fallen to keep us in the top ten after a 3 song pass. And maybe by then radio will agree to power it up like it deserves

Zach1998

It’s very sad how radio has no problem giving Wishful Drinking a massive power Up but is refusing to do so for GS which deserves it
Not to play devils advocate, but Wishful Drinking has been out a good while, I think since December, and on top of that is connecting well (has over 60 million streams on Spotify), so I think radio is treating it how it should be, but they should at least give GS a little better treatment.

CU4ever

Not to play devils advocate, but Wishful Drinking has been out a good while, I think since December, and on top of that is connecting well (has over 60 million streams on Spotify), so I think radio is treating it how it should be, but they should at least give GS a little better treatment.
To be just as fair, from everything we’ve seen, GS is testing very well too. It’s ranked higher than Wallen’s song on the Monday morning call out chart. testing used to be what radio cared about, sales and streaming was not relevant to them (I remember SITW being a good seller, and people here complaining as at the same time a Chesney song that was literally at like 300 on iTunes was going to #1)

simonplay

Ghost Story would be "connecting well" too with good playlisting, a itunes discount and a male vocalist like Wishful Drinking has! 😏 the male vocalist is not possible because it's not a duet but good/better playlisting with a itunes discount could help a lot.

Anyway I think the main reason for the big updates for WD is that Ingrid's album is coming soon so maybe her label asked for it..

CU4ever

Ghost Story would be "connecting well" too with good playlisting, a itunes discount and a male vocalist like Wishful Drinking has! 😏 the male vocalist is not possible because it's not a duet but good/better playlisting with a itunes discount could help a lot.

Anyway I think the main reason for the big updates for WD is that Ingrid's album is coming soon so maybe her label asked for it..
Maybe they’re final pushing WD, but I doubt it. I would appreciate it though 😂

Zach1998

To be just as fair, from everything we’ve seen, GS is testing very well too. It’s ranked higher than Wallen’s song on the Monday morning call out chart. testing used to be what radio cared about, sales and streaming was not relevant to them (I remember SITW being a good seller, and people here complaining as at the same time a Chesney song that was literally at like 300 on iTunes was going to #1)
Yeah but WD is testing well AND selling/ streaming well. 60 million Spotify streams vs GS at 17 million. Which is why radio is converting it faster.

GS kind of reminds me of 7500 OBO and Best Thing since backroads, where it’s testing well but sales/ streams have fallen off. Hope like those two it can at least finish #1 on Mediabase.

CU4ever

Yeah but WD is testing well AND selling/ streaming well. 60 million Spotify streams vs GS at 17 million. Which is why radio is converting it faster.

GS kind of reminds me of 7500 OBO and Best Thing since backroads, where it’s testing well but sales/ streams have fallen off. Hope like those two it can at least finish #1 on Mediabase.
I have had a strong hope/feeling since the release when it struggled in the 30s that we would go to #1... I still hope that is true. I do wish testing was enough, 'cause I'm sure if it was selling/streaming well and testing bad, they wouldn't play it