Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story chart updates

CU4ever

I’m still waiting for my local country stations to play it at all let alone power up 😡
Thankfully, one of my local stations plays it semi-often. Not as much as they played Maren and Miranda's most recent singles (sigh) but I hear it about what you would if it was #15

montdu39

Is there even a point to waiting and getting it to #1 if the streaming is so bad? Like what’s the difference whether it be a top 10 radio hit, or a #1 radio hit if the general public doesn’t even really remember or care about the song in a couple year’s time?

Starting to think it’s more important to time the second single well, get some good playlist positioning, etc. and create an actual hit that is supported by enthusiasm and streaming!

simonplay

Is there even a point to waiting and getting it to #1 if the streaming is so bad? Like what’s the difference whether it be a top 10 radio hit, or a #1 radio hit if the general public doesn’t even really remember or care about the song in a couple year’s time?

Starting to think it’s more important to time the second single well, get some good playlist positioning, etc. and create an actual hit that is supported by enthusiasm and streaming!
The streaming it's going to be bad as long as the playlisting for the song is bad, no song will smash without promo.

CU4ever

GS gets knocked to #9 today. Wallen will pass it next week knocking it to #10. Thankfully, two songs are falling (should pass one next week I hope) so we could end up back at #8 next week. At one point, it seemed like Hubbard would pass GS, but he had a sorta slower week this week, so I think if he does, it won’t be for a couple more weeks, which gives GS time to move back up in the top ten and pass some of the falling songs.

CU4ever

This is the oddest update I have ever seen. So strange. A VERY good audience gain - maybe the highest in months ? - yet a loss of spins. Well, regardless, let’s hope we see more of these audience gains.

Zach1998

I don't think it's there yet, but I hope this doesn't turn into a "Love Wins" situation where radio is clearly done with the song, and the label continues to keep propping it up when other songs (in that case Southbound) can start kicking the album era into gear.

I know there is sometimes a discrepancy with the Monday Morning Intel's Callouts and the Official Friday Callout's (I remember Everyone She Knows had a good callout on the Monday Morning Intel and a bad one on the Friday Callout.) It's annoying being the Friday callouts are no longer available to view as of a few weeks ago, so we don't know where she stands on the official Friday Callout.

After seeing the performance of Burn & Velvet Heartbreak at the opry I really hope one of those are the next single.

NC State Carrie Fan

I have seen people complaining about the slow rise of GS for weeks now and wanting to move to another single bc the chart run is “boring” - I for one do not mind the slower chart rise (as long as it keeps rising which I think it will). The longer the song is on radio the more spins and streams it will get.

Most of these songs by B list stars end up with 75-100m streams it’s because they charted for like over a year. The streams for GS are not TERRIBLE (for Carrie at least). We are averaging about 3m a month which will put us at about 30 million by the end of the year. That will already put it up there with Drinking Alone and Love Wins. Most likely will hit 50m next year or a little after.

For Carrie, a song with 50m streams is good.

Zach1998

In my opinion they should make sure GS reaches top 10 on Billboard, and then move on with the second single. At this pace, months would pass before it reaches the top.
I agree. Also worth noting, waiting out in hopes of getting #1 doesn’t always mean it’ll happen. Keith’s song that tested good but sold poorly waiting out in hopes of #1 only made it to #2.

It might be smart to launch single 2 just ahead of the tour, and do a little promo, to launch it (maybe a performance on the Kelly clarkson show.)

CU4ever

I agree. Also worth noting, waiting out in hopes of getting #1 doesn’t always mean it’ll happen. Keith’s song that tested good but sold poorly waiting out in hopes of #1 only made it to #2.

It might be smart to launch single 2 just ahead of the tour, and do a little promo, to launch it (maybe a performance on the Kelly clarkson show.)
Honestly - I would be totally okay with that. I really want a top 3 billboard peak, even if that's not #1. I'm confident there are singles that can be a #1 on both charts, so if this peaks just outside, I'm fine with it. It's clear radio refuses to power it up

montdu39

^wow, so still 2 months away from another single. I hope her other singles move up the charts faster, because I want her to have time to release at least 4 songs from this album. It’s full of hits!

maddkat

Staff member
^ they won't. Look back a few pages at the chart I posted last week. Average time to number one is around 38 weeks on today's charts.