Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story chart updates

FanSince04

I posted this in the D&R thread but here is the interview with no Keith, not sure why the station you were listening to messed up
https://soundcloud.com/cuinterviews1%2Fcarrie-underwood-cohosting-ccusa-17-18-22
After listening to the whole video, Iā€™m extremely excited about the whole tour!

1. She mentioned there most definitely will be a moment she and Jimmie sing together. Some of the songs I think they could would be a cover of ā€œShallowā€ or IIDLY (obviously).

2. As expected, she will be in the air. The part that most intrigues me is she stated the crowd should look up MULTIPLE times šŸ˜Æ

3. Fun, different cover songs that might surprise the fansā€¦ ok!!! I will be looking forward to being surprised šŸ˜ƒ

bigd79

I posted this in the D&R thread but here is the interview with no Keith, not sure why the station you were listening to messed up
https://soundcloud.com/cuinterviews1%2Fcarrie-underwood-cohosting-ccusa-17-18-22
I donā€™t know what to tell you, but i listened to the whole show this morning, and it was all carrie until they got to the thomas rhett song(like around 14), then all of the sudden it was keith for like 10 minutes of the show, But after a song or 2 it was back to carrie til they got to the last part of the show where they were about to get to the #1 song of the week and it was keith again at the very end. I tweeted CCUSA about it even and they asked me what station so i told them. But its hard for me to believe it would be the individual stationsā€™s fault. Doesnā€™t CCUSA send the show to all the stations the same way (like an mp3?) because its all pre-recorded?

maddkat

Staff member
right now ( I know some of you love that phrase, lol) it looks like UMG ( Hubbard is on EMI Nash, Carrie on CN) might be holding back '5 foot 9' ,which I heard for the first time yesterday and it's awful, to help GS to #5. We'll see how the week plays out.

Zach1998

right now ( I know some of you love that phrase, lol) it looks like UMG ( Hubbard is on EMI Nash, Carrie on CN) might be holding back '5 foot 9' ,which I heard for the first time yesterday and it's awful, to help GS to #5. We'll see how the week plays out.
I noticed that too. He had been having over +100 daily updates and today came to a hault with a negative one. Top 5 might be in the cards if we see more of this over the next two weeks.

CU4ever

Maybe it is just me, but when a song reaches the single digit peaks it looks and feels SO much better than the double digits. So Iā€™m happy it has made it here (tied for #2 highest peak in the last 5 years) and hope it makes it to #5

CU4ever

GS should at least move to #8 next week and #6 the following week, based on recurrents alone. A big push could make for it to do even better

rcramer

^^^ maybe next week... LOL.... I question why they even tried since Radio gave up a while ago..

Move onto the next single....

PRGuy79

I appreciate the label's attempt to do everything possible, at this stage, to push it as high as it can go. I question their choice in Ghost Story as the lead single to represent the album as a whole and its ability to generate excitement for a new era. But what's done is done. Now that we're here, we should expect Capitol to fight hard for Carrie and I am encouraged by what seems to be a historic two-week effort on her behalf. I hope to see more of this as we move forward because I have not been impressed with their management of her career thus far.

Zach1998

I appreciate the label's attempt to do everything possible, at this stage, to push it as high as it can go. I question their choice in Ghost Story as the lead single to represent the album as a whole and its ability to generate excitement for a new era. But what's done is done. Now that we're here, we should expect Capitol to fight hard for Carrie and I am encouraged by what seems to be a historic two-week effort on her behalf. I hope to see more of this as we move forward because I have not been impressed with their management of her career thus far.
Agreed. Havenā€™t been UMGs biggest fan but I am pleased with their push for GS (they shouldnā€™t have picked it as the lead but thatā€™s another story).
I think the massive updates will most likely (hopefully) come next week. This week seems like they are trying to catch 5 foot 9 by slowing it down so it can pass next week.