Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story chart updates

Smokyiiis

I mean, wasn’t Carrie getting this treatment earlier in her career also? lol her songs would go to #1 very quickly…
I can honestly say I don't know because I didn't use to follow charts very much, to be frank, I still don't that often! But some of these songs my parrots could sing better!

rcramer

I mean, wasn’t Carrie getting this treatment earlier in her career also? lol her songs would go to #1 very quickly…
I'm sure she did like the rest of them, but for me it should be about pure natural progression, but that would never happen...

But most if not all of the male singers that they manipulate to the top really are not that great of singers or song is not worth it IMO..... But I'm sure I could be the minority here....

CU4ever

Have not liked a single Luke combs song and I can’t see how anyone does. He just screams his songs like he’s angry and they all sound exactly the same.

as for the charts, I doubt Luke is a problem for Carrie. If he climbs this fast he will peak way before GS does but it’s unlikely they peak at the very same time considering GS is about to be #11 next week and top 10 by very early July

Last edited:

CU4ever

from country aircheck today, today (Wednesday 6/22)

» Country Aircheck Top Point Gainers: Here are the top point gainers for June 19-21 compared with the same days last week, according to Mediabase 24/7.
  1. LUKE COMBS/The Kind Of Love We Make (River House/Columbia) +3052 points
  2. DYLAN SCOTT/New Truck (Curb) +1107 points
  3. COLE SWINDELL/She Had Me At Heads Carolina (Warner/WMN) +1072 points
  4. KANE BROWN/Like I Love Country Music (RCA) +736 points
  5. CARRIE UNDERWOOD/Ghost Story (Capitol) +689 points

Smokyiiis

from country aircheck today, today (Wednesday 6/22)

» Country Aircheck Top Point Gainers: Here are the top point gainers for June 19-21 compared with the same days last week, according to Mediabase 24/7.
  1. LUKE COMBS/The Kind Of Love We Make (River House/Columbia) +3052 points
  2. DYLAN SCOTT/New Truck (Curb) +1107 points
  3. COLE SWINDELL/She Had Me At Heads Carolina (Warner/WMN) +1072 points
  4. KANE BROWN/Like I Love Country Music (RCA) +736 points
  5. CARRIE UNDERWOOD/Ghost Story (Capitol) +689 points
3052.....Quite the manipulation huh?

Last edited:

Zach1998

Have not liked a single Luke combs song and I can’t see how anyone does. He just screams his songs like he’s angry and they all sound exactly the same.

as for the charts, I doubt Luke is a problem for Carrie. If he climbs this fast he will peak way before GS does but it’s unlikely they peak at the very same time considering GS is about to be #11 next week and top 10 by very early July
I know the average time for a song to go #1 upon entering the top 10 is about 2 months (unless its a massive hit), that should put GS going #1 sometime in mid September to early October. Do we think Combs will be #1 by then and falling?

#1's aren't as easy to come by at this point and it would really irk me if we had a song that was going #1, but was blocked by a multi week #1.

CU4ever

I know the average time for a song to go #1 upon entering the top 10 is about 2 months (unless its a massive hit), that should put GS going #1 sometime in mid September to early October. Do we think Combs will be #1 by then and falling?

#1's aren't as easy to come by at this point and it would really irk me if we had a song that was going #1, but was blocked by a multi week #1.
It would annoy me as well, especially considering Combs’ mediocrity and radio blindly playing ant new shouting minute of his. But I think it’s very unlikely Combs is a problem. It doesn’t seem possible for him to climb fast enough . He’d have to peak in like 11 weeks and at this rate, which I don’t know it continues, he would end up peaking before GS. But he probably slows down enough to miss impacting GS. Of course also, Jason’s label pushed for several weeks and only blocked one song, and then they are pushing for several for Parmalee and are not going to block Wallen, he’s just going to wait it out

Zach1998

^
That's true. I just have been seeing him have +300 spin increases the past few days in a row. He will lose about 1600 of his spins on his 7th day update, but with how he's gaining he will gain those back quickily. I know radio sent his last lead single to #1 right at 3 months on the dot (actually a few days shy of it.) And if the same is done for this one, which it's looking like it, it's going to be nearing getting close to the top around when I have GS getting to the top.

CU4ever

^ That's true. I just have been seeing him have +300 spin increases the past few days in a row. He will lose about 1600 of his spins on his 7th day update, but with how he's gaining he will gain those back quickily. I know radio sent his last lead single to #1 right at 3 months on the dot (actually a few days shy of it.) And if the same is done for this one, which it's looking like it, it's going to be nearing getting close to the top around when I have GS getting to the top.
If he continues to gain 300 spins a day, or triple digits, post this week, he would likely peak way before GS IMO. I have GS peaking in 11-12 weeks or so. But I really think combs won’t be a problem. I’ll admit, it gives me anxiety and I think there’s a slight chance, but I don’t see it likely. GS could peak the week before LC, which I see as likely, or could even wait it out like Morgan wallen is doing which I think is the second most likely option. UMG won’t let this get blocked. The only songs they seem to get blocked are songs that aren’t hits and didn’t truly deserve a #1. GS is a true and legitimate hit. Rhett’s song that got blocked wasn’t, therefor the block. But then Wallen’s song is a legitimate hit and it’s not getting blocked