Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story chart updates

CU4ever

One song goes recurrent next week! With any luck we could be in the top 10 in one week if parmalee falls fast enough and we pass just one song.

Last edited:

CU4ever

What does it mean for a song to go “recurrent”? And when/why does that occur?
When a song has gone three consecutive weeks without a bullet (loss of spins that week compared to the week before), it goes recurrent - recurrent means a song is taken off the chart for losing significant amounts of spins three weeks in a row and a song is taken off for that reason as then there would be 10 old songs clogging up the charts at any time

Last edited:

montdu39

When a song has gone three consecutive weeks without a bullet (loss of spins that week compared to the week before), it goes recurrent - recurrent means a song is taken off the chart for losing spins three weeks in a row and a song is taken off for that reason as then there would be 10 old songs clogging up the charts at any time
Thank you!!!

maddkat

Staff member
^^ just a note - 3 consecutive weeks below #1 , and that's just on mediabase
on Billboard if a song has been on the charts 20 weeks and has been top 10 then falls below it in spins or AIs its removed , also if a song is below top 10 and loses AIs for 3 consecutive weeks it's removed

GS remains at #13 (+31/+.040)
13 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Ghost Story 3780 3477 303 14.008

Last edited:

CU4ever

On Billboard, GS is +0.718 in audience this week. It would have bene #15 but the awful Luke Combs song radio overplayed already passed GS up and is ahead of it by a tiny 0.013. Hopefully GS can repass it next week, but if it's already passed GS up, I think we don't need to worry about it blocking GS as it will be peaked way before GS gets there. It's not going to just climb really fast one week. Chances are, it'll pass up several songs ahead of GS and peak a few weeks before GS reaches the top two.

Zach1998

On Billboard, GS is +0.718 in audience this week. It would have bene #15 but the awful Luke Combs song radio overplayed already passed GS up and is ahead of it by a tiny 0.013. Hopefully GS can repass it next week, but if it's already passed GS up, I think we don't need to worry about it blocking GS as it will be peaked way before GS gets there. It's not going to just climb really fast one week. Chances are, it'll pass up several songs ahead of GS and peak a few weeks before GS reaches the top two.
Honestly I think it's for the best. Hope he hurry up and passes on Mediabase too so he can start to be on the decline when GS is ready for it's push week. I'd rather it happen now, than in the future when it really matters. If he continues to gain like the past few day's he'll probably pass on Mediabase in the next two weeks. or sooner.

CU4ever

Honestly I think it's for the best. Hope he hurry up and passes on Mediabase too so he can start to be on the decline when GS is ready for it's push week. I'd rather it happen now, than in the future when it really matters. If he continues to gain like the past few day's he'll probably pass on Mediabase in the next two weeks. or sooner.
Agreed. If he continues to gain 300 spins a day (absolutely ridiculous & pathetic) he would even pass GS this week. But nonetheless, it’s definitely looking like Combs is going to climb so fast he peaks weeks before GS so it’s not even an issue, which we should honestly all be relieved about