Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story chart updates

Zach1998

Honestly, I hope they are more careful picking singles in the future. This had absolutely no business being the lead single, and is not helping move the album right now at all.

I hope it picks up soon and makes it to #1, cause it’s doing virtually nothing in streaming/ sales to move the album. If this isn’t finished by CMA time I hope to see it dropped in favor of launching single 2.

CU4ever

Honestly, I hope they are more careful picking singles in the future. This had absolutely no business being the lead single, and is not helping move the album right now at all.

I hope it picks up soon and makes it to #1, cause it’s doing virtually nothing in streaming/ sales to move the album.
If we could just get into top ten (thanks log jam) I believe we could hit #1. Hopefully that happens in one week from today. But yeah. I hope they choose some of the obvious singles next because there truly are #1 smashes waiting to be released. GS is a good album track, especially when you’ve got CA, Burn, and others.

Eder Rodrigues

I'm so tired of country radio. This system is broken and I couldn't care less about radio success at the moment.
For me, radio should follow what people stream, record labels should put their money on those platforms.

PRGuy79

I'm so tired of country radio. This system is broken and I couldn't care less about radio success at the moment.
For me, radio should follow what people stream, record labels should put their money on those platforms.
I understand your frustration, but be careful what you wish for, because at the moment that approach wouldn't help us either. Our streaming numbers aren't great.

CU4ever

GS holds at #14 this week on Billboard as it is passed by "Heads Carolina" song. Sighs. I would like to say that's the last song to pass GS for a little while and hopefully it does start to really pick up when it hits top ten this weekend.

maddkat

Staff member
GS remains at #14 on Billboard airplay

GS is passed by 'She Had Me at Carolina' (+123/+.935) and drops back to #12 (+29/+.046)
12 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Ghost Story 4734 4604 130 18.164

Morris' 'Circles' is going for max spins next week then will fall fast

CU4ever

Top ten is still very Likely this week - almost certain - as two songs are falling; one very fast.

But If not this week, 100% chance it happens next week when maren also starts falling making it a third song in the top ten ahead of GS to start falling. So 3 songs falling puts GS At #9 soon & very likely number ten this Sunday! And once we hit top 10, we will finally pick back up.

Zach1998

After this week 4 songs above GS will be on their decent. I’m starting to be torn between wanting them to keep going to try to go #1 or release a new single. GS is okay, it grew on me a lot, but it’s the fact knowing the more time they waste on this song, that probably won’t be remembered all that much outside of the fandom, the less likely that we have Velvet Heartbreak, Burn, and Crazy Angels all as singles, given how slow the chart is. And those are miles better and deserve much more to be singles over this.

rcramer

^^ what difference does it make when the log jam is like a turtles pace even getting into the top 10 except for the crazy males that radio love to push….. GS is certainly worth #1….

it’s absurd now how many weeks songs stay on the charts. And sit just to get in top 10… like watching paint dry..…

Zach1998

^^ what difference does it make when the log jam is like a turtles pace even getting into the top 10 except for the crazy males that radio love to push….. GS is certainly worth #1….

it’s absurd now how many weeks songs stay on the charts. And sit just to get in top 10… like watching paint dry..…
I think it’s worthy because I’ve seen less impactful songs hit #1 recently, but I’d be lying if I said that I think that it will be remembered in the future. It’s streaming/ selling crappy even while having exposure as a single, can’t imagine how it will fare once that’s taken away.
Never would I think I would see a lead Carrie Underwood single have a music video that has stalled with just over 1,000,000 views. I’m just ready for a single that will get this era moving as it feels dead with nobody talking about GS.

Album isn’t even in the top 30 on the country albums chart anymore and it hasn’t even been out 2 months.

Last edited:

CU4ever

Considering four songs are going off, that already puts GS at #8. They could easily push it to #1 at that point. Considering another single wouldn't revive the era IMO, it would only be a hit, and I think another single (the right single) would be a hit no matter when released, I want them to stay on GS

maddkat

Staff member
After this week 4 songs above GS will be on their decent. I’m starting to be torn between wanting them to keep going to try to go #1 or release a new single. GS is okay, it grew on me a lot, but it’s the fact knowing the more time they waste on this song, that probably won’t be remembered all that much outside of the fandom, the less likely that we have Velvet Heartbreak, Burn, and Crazy Angels all as singles, given how slow the chart is. And those are miles better and deserve much more to be singles over this.
I would disagree. Given how slow Carrie works they would have close to 3 years to get those other songs out and on the radio. No need to pull GS prematurely.

GS remains at #12 (+4/+.207)
12 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Ghost Story 4805 4641 164 18.497

FanSince04

I would disagree. Given how slow Carrie works they would have close to 3 years to get those other songs out and on the radio. No need to pull GS prematurely.

GS remains at #12 (+4/+.207)
12 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Ghost Story 4805 4641 164 18.497
Major audience gain!