Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story chart updates

maddkat

Staff member
Will we have to worry about Combs and Swindell keeping Carrie from the top spot? They haven't been out as long as Ghost Story. Could she jump over them?
Possible one or both will get multiple weeks at #1 and block Carrie. She could also be put into heavy rotation and pass Combs and/or Swindell. Also possible she could also be passed by the Andres/Hunt song or Wallen's new song. Charts are just a crap shoot any more.

Zach1998

Yeah the only problem with Luke & Cole is that they will most likely get multiple weeks at #1, so we will have to see how it plays out.

Also need to keep an eye on Wallen. He’s gaining fast.

CU4ever

Yeah the only problem with Luke & Cole is that they will most likely get multiple weeks at #1, so we will have to see how it plays out.

Also need to keep an eye on Wallen. He’s gaining fast.
I’ve seen a few songs as of late been able to wait out multi week number ones. That was a reason for the backlog. So many songs got so many weeks and the #2 and #3 songs just sat there for the most part before getting their week at the top.

I’ve already come to terms with wallen passing GS, but I say it should happen relatively soon so that’s good, plus we’re finally comfortably in the top ten now (#9 this week)

Zach1998

I’ve seen a few songs as of late been able to wait out multi week number ones. That was a reason for the backlog. So many songs got so many weeks and the #2 and #3 songs just sat there for the most part before getting their week at the top.

I’ve already come to terms with wallen passing GS, but I say it should happen relatively soon so that’s good, plus we’re finally comfortably in the top ten now (#9 this week)
True about Wallen, but the issue with it is that they plan their push weeks far in advance and I have to imagine they will start reserving GS a push date in the next few weeks. If Wallen isn’t currently ahead of it when that happens they may try pushing before him, that’s where things can get messy, if after push week is arranged, and Wallen passes the song, and GS trying to leap back over a massive song. This is what happened with Tim’s song, originally it was ahead of Damn Staight when his push week was reserved, but after that Damn Straight continued to see massive updates compared to Tim’s minimal ones, and when Tim’s push week came it took a literal hail merry just to get him to #1 on MB.

All of this is probably unnecessary anxiety but I always look at all the factors on the table lol.

CU4ever

True about Wallen, but the issue with it is that they plan their push weeks far in advance and I have to imagine they will start reserving GS a push date in the next few weeks. If Wallen isn’t currently ahead of it when that happens they may try pushing before him, that’s where things can get messy, if after push week is arranged, and Wallen passes the song, and GS trying to leap back over a massive song. This is what happened with Tim’s song, originally it was ahead of Damn Staight when his push week was reserved, but after that Damn Straight continued to see massive updates compared to Tim’s minimal ones, and when Tim’s push week came it took a literal hail merry just to get him to #1 on MB.

All of this is probably unnecessary anxiety but I always look at all the factors on the table lol.
You’re not alone in the unnecessary anxiety thing, lol. It’s a part of being a Carrie fan/chart watcher :). But I do think MW will pass GS sooner than later, so hopefully it won’t be a problem. I’m going to hope and believe that it won’t be 😅

Fun Fact: GS ranks higher on the Monday morning callout than Wallen’s song

Last edited:

carriefan14

If you look at that tweet lots of people are keeping track of it and her career overall top 10s....I think GS is way more popular than we are being shown

Zach1998

If you look at that tweet lots of people are keeping track of it and her career overall top 10s....I think GS is way more popular than we are being shown
I think it’s more just people that are a fan of her/her career achievements than are a fan of the song itself. The song is streaming terribly.

simonplay

Streaming is a joke, your song will have more streams if the song is at the first places on popular playlists and less streams if it's at the bottom. There are just some rare cases when songs take off by their own.
Not to mention younger artists tend to stream way better than older acts in general.
And since Carrie is a "older act" her label should do everything in her hands to give their biggest star a better placement in playilists.
If Danielle Bradbery it's at #20 I don't understand why GS is at #50.. 🙄😅

Ok, I'm leaving now. 😂

carriefan14

Do y'all really stream the same songs over and over if you like them? I'm just asking for a personal survey....I feel like IF I use spotify, which is rare, then I just use it to stream an album once or just to see if there any new Pop songs out on a playlist. I think it is hard for any one song to rack up a lot of streams if people only listen to it here and there, like I do. I think in order to rack up a lot of streams you have to have many, many, many people listen to it more than once, which I just don't think is realistic...makes me wonder if there are not robots streaming these songs...hmm. I simply just don't have TIME to consume the vast amount of content that is availabe out there. I have a 20 min commute to and from work, and then I'm just bone tired and have to cook supper and do laundry. Who has time to keep up with all these songs? Just my "consumer" experience