Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story chart updates

CU4ever

On Billboard this week,

GS is #12 [+1] to a new peak: +0.819K.

GS would have been #11 this week, but was passed by Wallen who has a hair more audience than GS (0.022).

Unfortunately -- Two more songs are semi-close to passing up GS next week, which would knock it down to #14. However, one song is 100% going off next week (at least one song, maybe two) so that would at worst just knock GS down to #13 (-1 spot). Of course, this could end up not happening if GS has a really good week this week - I would think it should, considering it hitting top 10 on Mediabase and power-ups that should be happening

Zach1998

I’m just not feeling good about the chart prospects anymore. You proof already passed on BB and Mediabase will follow suit soon, Wishful Drinking came close to passing this week and most likely will next, and Tyler Hubbard looks like he might as well in the next 2 weeks.

Just don’t know what they should do at this point. Cause radio is the only this GS has going for it. Should they cut it in favor of something that’s actually connecting better (Pink Champagne or Crazy Angels.) Or should they keep playing the waiting game, which feels like will be even longer now that songs are passing it, and some of the songs ahead will most likely be multi week #1s causing another backlog (Cole Swindell, Luke Combs, and Wallen) are all almost guaranteed multi week #1s.

i guess see where it can get from now to CMA time, but as soon as CMA time hits they need to be ready to launch single 2.

montdu39

^yea, on one hand it’s exciting to see it moving up the chart, but if it’s going to be passed by much newer songs, and if we expect several multi-week #1s in the coming weeks, it’s frustrating. We have to remember though that a lot of recent #1s were on the chart a lot longer than GS has been before reaching the top. Patience is key I guess.

CU4ever

^^ I am frustrated that so many songs are passing it, but with it being so close to / in the top ten, it makes me want them to not move on. If it kept getting passed at #20, that would be a different story. Radio should be powering it up - but they are refusing. If they were playing it as they should (top ten & good test scores) GS could stay ahead of all these songs. I want them to keep pushing it as I do believe it can go top 3.

CU4ever

I’m just not feeling good about the chart prospects anymore. You proof already passed on BB and Mediabase will follow suit soon, Wishful Drinking came close to passing this week and most likely will next, and Tyler Hubbard looks like he might as well in the next 2 weeks.
it is frustrating, but #8 minus three spots is #11, and likely by that point, another song would go off so we would likely end up staying in the top ten despite getting passed by a few songs. I believe after those get ahead, nothing else really would be a problem. So I think they should keep waiting and pushing it. And, hey, 3 more songs going first gives GS more Of a chance to avoid getting blocked by combs or swindell, who are both going to get many weeks

maddkat

Staff member
this was in country aircheck weekly

and these two charts show how ridiculously slow the charts have gotten
long1.jpg

long2.jpg

Last edited:

carriethequeen

Call me crazy, but I have no doubt in my mind GS is going to hit #1 on Mediabase. If a single makes it into the Top 10, has good research, and hasn't been on the chart for a super long time already, then there's a 99% chance it's going to reach the top. UMG isn't just going to suddenly pull GS for a new single. I do think Billboard is unpredictable... Luke, Cole, and Morgan all have multiweek #1s on their hands right now so one of their songs lingering at the top could easily block on Billboard whenever GS has its push week for #1.

Zach1998

Call me crazy, but I have no doubt in my mind GS is going to hit #1 on Mediabase. If a single makes it into the Top 10, has good research, and hasn't been on the chart for a super long time already, then there's a 99% chance it's going to reach the top. UMG isn't just going to suddenly pull GS for a new single. I do think Billboard is unpredictable... Luke, Cole, and Morgan all have multiweek #1s on their hands right now so one of their songs lingering at the top could easily block on Billboard whenever GS has its push week for #1.
Normally I’d agree, but unfortunately the chart isn’t very weak right now. All the songs around it (She had me at heads Carolina, the kind of love we make, You Proof) will all be some of the biggest hits of the year. Unfortunate GS is climbing in the top 10 while these are charting nearby. If these weren’t there it wouldn’t be as concerning.

Reactions: Hil

CU4ever

Amazing update!! Finally a top ten power up gain!! Hope they continue! I’m still hopeful we hit #1. Just gotta wait it out