Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story chart updates

rcramer

It was just a joke. There’s always complaining about manipulation, but more is always better with Carrie, lol.
I agree with you about the manipulation complaining, but even that is not fair game . Carrie never gets the ridiculous pushes like most of the men do… I expect the label to do whatever it can to get the song to at least top 5.. GS at least got into the top 10 with No problem, just a slower climb…

Zach1998

I’ll have to say from someone whose been very critical of Carrie’s new label. I was a big fan of how they handled promotion for GS. A major step up from last era imo.

Reactions: Hil

CU4ever

I’ll have to say from someone whose been very critical of Carrie’s new label. I was a big fan of how they handled promotion for GS. A major step up from last era imo.
I might agree, but am nervous lol. They did do a big push for CP and Southbound but nothing for the other two which kept them one spot away from the top ten 😩😩😭

LilUnderwood

I’ve also seen some new interest with social media and GS since it’s spooky season now lol! Hey if halloween coming up can help I’m all for it!
I feel like the CP era was weird because she announced the album and then we had to wait till September and then she was pregnant and I just feel like there were a lot of other things going on that made that album cycle weird.

SpanishFan

Some time ago a user said, I don't remember who it was, that maybe the idea of Carrie's team was that GS would be N.1 in Halloween week because of the name of the song. At the time it seemed like nonsense to many of us because GS was realesed in March. But seeing that it just entered the Top 5 in October, I'm starting to believe it's true. Just because the song is called "Ghost Story" radio stations have an excuse to play it more because is Halloween´s month. I doubt it will get to N.1 but it might get a Top 3.

CU4ever

Very few artists can say they are still making top 5 hits after nearly 18 years, and even fewer women can say the same. And people try to say Carrie doesn’t still have radio power? I ask to them Do you have a top 5 hit on radio? 😅 But in seriousness, #5 is a great peak, and radio still clearly values Carrie and her star power. GS peaked higher than both Maren and Miranda’s recent singles, and even did better than Luke Bryan’s previous single which peaked in the 20s.

CU4ever

Final point tallies are in, and unfortunately, GS missed #4 by a mere 33 points, which is closer than the gap between it and #6, which we were worried about.

#4 — 23806 points
#5 (Ghost Story) — 23773 points
#6 — 23538 points

adam1995

Some time ago a user said, I don't remember who it was, that maybe the idea of Carrie's team was that GS would be N.1 in Halloween week because of the name of the song. At the time it seemed like nonsense to many of us because GS was realesed in March. But seeing that it just entered the Top 5 in October, I'm starting to believe it's true. Just because the song is called "Ghost Story" radio stations have an excuse to play it more because is Halloween´s month. I doubt it will get to N.1 but it might get a Top 3.
No, this was push week. It has peaked.