Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story Music Video

FanSince04

I would love for this music video to be an cinematic event that pulls from what she has done in other music videos. “Wasted” panned from her to the guy… which I think this video should do too! “Hallelujah” showed people fading in and out, which would be Carrie for this music video. “Good Girl” made great use smoothly transitions from scene to scene which could be applied here for each verse. “See You Again” beautifully showed Carrie in a soft light as she weaves between hanging drapes, which would make her look very ethereal here.

Of course, these are just my thoughts. I think mixing a few different styles together along with a storyline would be excellent here!

FanSince04

After watching the lyric video… I wouldn’t be shocked if those are scenes that will be in the music video too. They were haunting, ethereal, and playful in a sense. I’d love for her to have some GG moments where she disappears behind a corner, some SYA moments where the drapes are flowing, and some JAD/W moments where there is some interactions with her and the guy.

Carrie_Hannah

I agree with all of that! Definitely hoping for the cinema on this one! I have been a little underwhelmed with her recent videos and haven’t loved one since TBC. Hoping this era serves us some awesome ones!

FanSince04

I was hoping for more of the aerial stunts! I am thinking we will get some with this video. Also, the video has a strong Moulin Rouge feel.

Momin

not total concert videos but all the ones for CP, except SB, Carrie was at a mic singing as the main part of the video. No good stories at all.
I think for the Cry Pretty video, the singing on stage was essential to the story she was trying to convey. It was also I think one of Carrie's rare autobiographical, personal singles where she gave us insight into her personality - and the tension between how she appears as a superstar in the media and how she is at heart behind closed doors.

GS however seems like her most elaborate video in many years (probably since the BA era). Hope it has a great storyline and doesn't disappoint. Seems like a Randee St. Nicholas direction again. The colouring etc. is signature her style.

Patkid26

I was hoping for more of the aerial stunts! I am thinking we will get some with this video. Also, the video has a strong Moulin Rouge feel.
Yeah I definitely think so too. In the YouTube screencap above that looks like Antonio Martinez (one of her aerialists for Reflection) to the right of Carrie.

Now that I think about it, I’m thinking this video was filmed right at Resorts World, probably simultaneously with the CMT performance. Maybe not the whole video, but I’m thinking that clip of her on the swing is on that stage.

Reactions: Hil

countryfan2006

There was 2 versions of Undo It (The Black and White) and the concert video and Church Bells was also concert video

Southbound was part concert-part video

Cry Pretty was a theater-ish music video like Ghost Story will be.

stan

I still remember getting excited when Carrie had choreographed dance sequence in the Cowboy Casanova music video back in 2009. It's kinda funny since she was known as a "robotic" performer on Idol haha and the dance thing was a departure from previous videos. Fast forward to now and she's literally hanging from the rafters while singing.