Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story Music Video

Hil

What I'm going to say does not mean people have to like ever single thing Carrie does, that would be impossible, but maybe personal expectation should be tapered. I remember years ago during early videos half of us would write a video treatment for what we wanted videos to look like etc. Now, I just kinda have no expectations and enjoy them for what they are. Lots did not want to see another performance video, and this definitely wasn't that. I thought it was very creative and beautiful. It also followed the story to the song, as well as incorporated many of her previous videos and eras. Anyway, I thought it was a really great video. The visuals and aesthetics were stunning.

Last edited:

ChoctawCountyAffair

I am always disappointed in her music videos lately. I really wish she would start working with other directors. The place where they filmed it, the outfits, everything was so pretty but the cinematography was so underwhelming.
I just checked and Randee did the BA music video, that video was so good, why can they do something similar? Clearly there was a big budget for it!

The Nanook

It is a beautiful video, people will just have to
open their hearts and mind with positive thoughts and enjoy the video as it is, set aside any expectations and each one’s ideas of how it is supposed to be done then the video will be viewed at a different light or mindset. Enjoy the video, Carrie worked hard on it. Love and light everyone💜💜💜
Ok, I guess I'll just turn off my brain then.

carrietakethewheel

Just watched the video - I thought the outfits were beautiful, the throwbacks to the previous eras were clever, but I agree with Carrie_Hannah, it was too much for a music video.

Had Carrie done something like this for “Church Bells”, it would’ve been stellar.

jbrown

Ok, I guess I'll just turn off my brain then.
Haha, not completely but don’t let your logic work or focus on it but let your heart and soul focus on the video and you will see the beauty of it. Just let your emotion flow and go with the flow of the video story. It is what it is and it is up to you to enjoy and like it or insist on a video with your personal expectation. Once you change your mindset and heart, you will find the enjoyment of it. Relax and enjoy💜💜💜

NC State Carrie Fan

Does anyone else get the feeling that the underlying story here is that the crowd is who the music video is directed towards. I almost get the vibe with all of the references to the past that the crowd represents the country music community and that she is gonna be their ghost story bc it references her past music and success and then she disappears in various scenes….

Probably put way too much thought in this

LilUnderwood

Honestly this is one of my favorite videos in a while! I think this is really adding to the song! I’ve been listening to all three released songs on Spotify in a loop and even with different production on each one they do sonically make sense all together! I’m excited for this era!!

Hil

Does anyone else get the feeling that the underlying story here is that the crowd is who the music video is directed towards. I almost get the vibe with all of the references to the past that the crowd represents the country music community and that she is gonna be their ghost story bc it references her past music and success and then she disappears in various scenes….

Probably put way too much thought in this
ohhhhh, I like it. I kinda said something similar a few pages back, but thought maybe it was just my own wishful thinking lol

LilUnderwood

Just watched the Cowboy Casanova video and the Ghost Story one is sort of a similar vibe! Also that outfit she wore in trailer scene in Ghost Story I’m going to need to recreate for tour because it is fire!!

Burst

Meh. She looks good (especially in the denim shorts) but nothing really happened. Would’ve been cooler to lean into the horror imagery, or fully commit to a story.

Carrie_Hannah

Yeah I'd say Carrie's best videos are

Two Black Cadillacs
Little Toy Guns
See You Again
Temporary Home
Just a Dream
Mama's Song

I'd love for to work with whoever made those. I know PR Brown is responsible for both Two Black Cadillacs and Little Toy Guns.
Agree 100%! Those are for sure her best videos! My favorite out of those is Temporary home. Mainly because she still has a part in the video but it follows the storyline of the song. And she ends up becoming part of the storyline at the end. That’s what I look for in videos and unfortunately most of hers don’t have it

Momin

I think Donna used the perfect word for it: aimless. I think there's a big emphasis on things looking pretty (they don't, not in every scene at least, especially the cheap choppy shots from the bedroom of Carrie appearing as a ghost), and a less emphasis on everything looking cohesive. I also think there could have been a much better opportunity to give ghostly, haunting vibes other than just doing a fade out of Carrie. It was better done in that behind the scenes/mirror room where one shot cut into the other one. I don't know - I've studied film myself and I think this could have been much better shot.