Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story Music Video

Carrie_Hannah

It is a beautiful video, people will just have to
open their hearts and mind with positive thoughts and enjoy the video as it is, set aside any expectations and each one’s ideas of how it is supposed to be done then the video will be viewed at a different light or mindset. Enjoy the video, Carrie worked hard on it. Love and light everyone💜💜💜
Although I appreciate your ability to apparently change your mind to love everything, I don’t think it’s fair to say we who didn’t love the video haven’t opened our minds and hearts to positive thoughts. We can love Carrie and her effort without loving the final product.

PRGuy79

Another cool visual: the shiny pink/purple orb above Carrie as she comes down the hallway toward the door that resembles a gate. The light looks like a...wait for it...RHINESTONE. 😊

Smokyiiis

The Ghost Story video was so much more than I ever expected from the small blurb she gave us in anticipation of the video release. I like the way the GHOST is represented by the faded black and white images of Carrie appearing and disappearing throughout the storyline. RSN puts lots of elegant Carrie images randomly interspersed within the video. This is so very much better than a concert video and though it may not meet everyone’s expectations I honestly believe that once again it’s highly influenced by Carries direction.

jbrown

Although I appreciate your ability to apparently change your mind to love everything, I don’t think it’s fair to say we who didn’t love the video haven’t opened our minds and hearts to positive thoughts. We can love Carrie and her effort without loving the final product.
I don’t mean to offend anyone, I am only expressing my opinion just like everybody else with no judgment at all. I respect each one’s opinions and reaction to the video. I was just offering a different way of seeing or perceiving the video, merely a suggestion and it does not mean that anyone has to do it. We all have choices and reactions. I apologized if my post upset you but not my intention. Peace and prosperity to all. Let us enjoy this beautiful video, new era for us fans. 💜💜💜

Josh

Some of you guys say it's referencing old videos? I'll have to watch it again because I'm not seeing it haha. I like the video a bit more than the last 3 albums videos. But, still something is off about it, like it's not fully put together. I appreciate the effort put into the video, the beautiful imagery, and the story in it, though.

Also, this is the most random thing, but does anyone else get Paris Hilton vibes from Carrie on the swing?

Josh

These scenes in Carrie's video reminded me of another scene by Paris Hilton lol. I watched again and got some references from past videos, and the BTS one like someone said here. I love it lol. I wonder if we're missing any other references?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220429-214603.png
    Screenshot_20220429-214603.png
    935 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220429-215043.png
    Screenshot_20220429-215043.png
    911.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20220429-215247.png
    Screenshot_20220429-215247.png
    983.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20220429-215332.png
    Screenshot_20220429-215332.png
    676.4 KB · Views: 4

carrietakethewheel

I don’t mean to offend anyone, I am only expressing my opinion just like everybody else with no judgment at all. I respect each one’s opinions and reaction to the video. I was just offering a different way of seeing or perceiving the video, merely a suggestion and it does not mean that anyone has to do it. We all have choices and reactions. I apologized if my post upset you but not my intention. Peace and prosperity to all. Let us enjoy this beautiful video, new era for us fans. 💜💜💜
I’m still excited for this era, don’t get me wrong, but this video wasn’t my favorite of hers. I love the song more than the video, let’s put it that way. We’ll see what she does for other singles this era!

AdamJ

The Ghost Story video was so much more than I ever expected from the small blurb she gave us in anticipation of the video release. I like the way the GHOST is represented by the faded black and white images of Carrie appearing and disappearing throughout the storyline. RSN puts lots of elegant Carrie images randomly interspersed within the video. This is so very much better than a concert video and though it may not meet everyone’s expectations I honestly believe that once again it’s highly influenced by Carries direction.

I agree Smoky. This has Carrie written all over it. I love it and it sure beats the heck out of all the other dull videos out there now. It does follow the story line of GS very well. Imaginative---brilliant.....

The Nanook

Actually you were telling me what I should do and think. But I'll let it slide ;)

carriefan14

Maybe this video is meant to be a nod to her previous eras, as well as the Vegas residency. If that is the case, then it makes more sense for me.

I want to add - and I don't mean this is an offensive way, I'm just thinking out loud - that sometimes when artists get very established careers and get comfortable, they begin producing their own records and sticking with the same group of people for everything (producer, songwriter, etc) and sometimes there is no one in their "group" to objectively look at their new material and say, hmmm is this good, or is this just comfortable?

I feel like Carrie is comfortable with St Nicholas - which, great for her, but I do wonder where directors like Roman White, Trey Fanjoy, the Lamar Brothers, etc went.

angeliccarrie

I feel like with the Vegas Residency and the nod to previous videos in the new video that she's wrapping things up. I just hope she's not done when this era is over. I hope I'm completely wrong of course, but I do find that it's strange that there has been no talk of a new tour.

txacar

Maybe this video is meant to be a nod to her previous eras, as well as the Vegas residency. If that is the case, then it makes more sense for me.

I want to add - and I don't mean this is an offensive way, I'm just thinking out loud - that sometimes when artists get very established careers and get comfortable, they begin producing their own records and sticking with the same group of people for everything (producer, songwriter, etc) and sometimes there is no one in their "group" to objectively look at their new material and say, hmmm is this good, or is this just comfortable?

I feel like Carrie is comfortable with St Nicholas - which, great for her, but I do wonder where directors like Roman White, Trey Fanjoy, the Lamar Brothers, etc went.
Here is a list of most of the directors of Carrie's videos (Trey Fanjoy directed Miranda's video Somethin' Bad, but Carrie wrote the script).

Roman White
Jesus Take the Wheel
Don't Forget to Remember Me
Before He Cheats
So Small
Ever Ever After
All American Girl
Wasted
Last Name
Just a Dream

Jim Yackey
I Told You So (live)

Theresa Wingate
Cowboy Casanova
Good Girl

Randee St. Nicholas
Blown Away
Smoke Break
Heartbeat
Cry Pretty
Ghost Story
Drinking Alone
Hallelujah

P. R. Brown
Two Black Cadillacs
Little Toy Guns

Ray Kapoor
Something in the Water

Wayne Isham
Church Bells

Shane Drake
Dirty Laundry
Love Wins

Norry Nivin (sp?)
The Champion

Jeff Venable
Southbound

Shaun Silva
Mama's Song

Hil

I feel like with the Vegas Residency and the nod to previous videos in the new video that she's wrapping things up. I just hope she's not done when this era is over. I hope I'm completely wrong of course, but I do find that it's strange that there has been no talk of a new tour.
You don't think she'd do a final tour if she were truly retiring? When she's talked about the album she's talked about it and then "everything that comes after." I just cant see Carrie making a "fun album" and then retiring when she recently mentioned in several interviews she hopes people would tell her if something didn't sound like a great idea because "we all want to continue doing what we love." I do think the different eras, as well as well as the swing/play section is a promo/nod to her residency and I think that's all there is to that. It's not even a sentimental single about her career. Just trying to calm potential panic. I can't see Carrie truly retiring. she's said she wants a career like Dolly. Even when things slow down for her I still see her putting out music and doing smaller tours like Reba. JMO

Last edited:

HuiZ

Haha, not completely but don’t let your logic work or focus on it but let your heart and soul focus on the video and you will see the beauty of it. Just let your emotion flow and go with the flow of the video story. It is what it is and it is up to you to enjoy and like it or insist on a video with your personal expectation. Once you change your mindset and heart, you will find the enjoyment of it. Relax and enjoy💜💜💜
I have been trying to do that for almost every single Randee's videos since Blown Away... It's not working. It's like trying to convince myself to like a B-grade movie over and over again.

The editing is horrible and amateur-ish. It's like she always tries to piece together multiple photoshoots and call it a video. Lighting is always flat and too dark.
If Randee wants to do pretty and glamorous videos, learn from Good Girl and Dirty Laundry videos. For storyline videos, give me Two Black Cadillacs and Something Bad anytime!

adam1995

You think she's retiring at 39?