Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost Story Music Video

Carrie_Hannah

I have been trying to do that for almost every single Randee's videos since Blown Away... It's not working. It's like trying to convince myself to like a B-grade movie over and over again.

The editing is horrible and amateur-ish. It's like she always tries to piece together multiple photoshoots and call it a video. Lighting is always flat and too dark.
If Randee wants to do pretty and glamorous videos, learn from Good Girl and Dirty Laundry videos. For storyline videos, give me Two Black Cadillacs and Something Bad anytime!
This! The editing is a big deal in this video because of how much is crammed in. We get ALOT of visuals with this one! When it shows her just staring at the camera singing in the red outfit and moving her arms, it looks like a bad special effect from a marvel movie or something. Just weird. And when it had the same scene with green light over it, I literally rolled my eyes. The editing is horrible. (This isn’t anything against Carrie). Also, the photos they chose to put in his phone were bad choices in my opinion. (I get they are throwbacks to her other videos but I just don’t think it was the best choice) Instead of promo photos, it should have been more everyday photos of her. It looked fake and unrealistic. Honestly could have been a stalker looking at photos of her on his phone.
The ghost story neon sign was tacky and the picture hanging above his bed of the literal ghost story cover art was too much for me.

I haven’t posted what I did like though- I liked most of her outfits. That denim and Rhinestones outfit was 🔥! And the scenes with her in the bedroom fading in and out with black and white overlay were well done in my opinion also.

Last edited:

HuiZ

This! The editing is a big deal in this video because of how much is crammed in. We get ALOT of visuals with this one! When it shows her just staring at the camera singing in the red outfit and moving her arms, it looks like a bad special effect from a marvel movie or something. Just weird. And when it had the same scene with green light over it, I literally rolled my eyes. The editing is horrible. (This isn’t anything against Carrie). Also, the photos they chose to put in his phone were bad choices in my opinion. (I get they are throwbacks to her other videos but I just don’t think it was the best choice) Instead of promo photos, it should have been more everyday photos of her. It looked fake and unrealistic. Honestly could have been a stalker looking at photos of her on his phone.
The ghost story neon sign was tacky and the picture hanging above his bed of the literal ghost story cover art was too much for me.

I haven’t posted what I did like though- I liked most of her outfits. That denim and Rhinestones outfit was 🔥! And the scenes with her in the bedroom fading in and out with black and white overlay were well done in my opinion also.
Totally agree with you about the old promo photos on the phone and the neon sign. How are all the choices made so cohesively tacky? The visual effects are done so badly, I can't believe the video comes from an acclaimed photographer!

mbh

What I'm going to say does not mean people have to like ever single thing Carrie does, that would be impossible, but maybe personal expectation should be tapered. I remember years ago during early videos half of us would write a video treatment for what we wanted videos to look like etc. Now, I just kinda have no expectations and enjoy them for what they are. Lots did not want to see another performance video, and this definitely wasn't that. I thought it was very creative and beautiful. It also followed the story to the song, as well as incorporated many of her previous videos and eras. Anyway, I thought it was a really great video. The visuals and aesthetics were stunning.
Amen. Very well said!!!

Reactions: Hil

abbeyjones18

I don't think that Carrie would continue to work with Randee if she wasn't happy with what they were making together. 🤷‍♀️

mbh

This guy is "on point". I agree with him 100%. **From the point of view of absolute truth a cube or a circle are invariable geometrical figures, rigorously defined by certain formulas. From the point of view of the impression they make on our eye these geometrical figures may assume very varied shapes. By perspective the cube may be transformed into a pyramid or a square, the circle into an ellipse or a straight line!!!**

simonplay

Who Is The Actor In Carrie Underwood’s “Ghost Story” Music Video? Meet Craig Geoghan​

"When it came to filming the music video, Geoghan was overwhelmed by the size of the production. “It was a pretty big set for a music video. Sometimes you can only have a dozen or two dozen people. We had well over a hundred people for this set. We were in this beautiful theater in downtown Los Angeles. It felt kind of like almost being on Broadway, because it was this huge theater with old carvings in the walls and in the ceilings and just beautiful decor all around. And the video itself is very cinematic.”

Even though it was an elaborate setting, Geoghan was pleasantly surprised by how humble Underwood was. “Getting the opportunity to meet and chat with Carrie Underwood was insane. That was super cool. She was very, very, very nice. It felt like talking to just another person. It didn’t feel like I was talking to or interacting with this big giant celebrity, which is refreshing."

More: https://musicmayhemmagazine.com/who...s-ghost-story-music-video-meet-craig-geoghan/

PRGuy79

We're at 518,000 views on YouTube. That seems low at this point. Am I wrong? In the past, how long has it taken us to surpass 1 million views?

maddkat

Staff member