Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grammys 2022

The Nanook

Whose Facebook? I could not find it.
Carrie's. A link was posted right above my post.

FB views aren't bad at all, though FB's view count is a bit weird/inflated since it's a social media website and I believe counts views as people scroll past stuff. But regardless from some browsing Carrie's, Justin's, and Chris Stapleton's performances were all uploaded at 9:27 AM yesterday and they have 892k, 1M, and 674k views, respectively. Billie Eilish and Olivia Rodrigo's performances were uploaded earlier yesterday around 4:09 AM and have 588k and 1.2M views, respectively. Though as younger artists I don't think Facebook is really Olivia or Billie's target social media platform. But not sure it's even possible to rewatch Grammy performances anywhere else at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbh

The Nanook

Carrie's positions from various outlets' 2022 Grammys performance rankings:
  • Billboard: 15/16
    • "While Underwood’s premiere performance of “Ghost Story” had all the ambiance to be epic — from the stunning purple gown and wind machine to the heartbreaking lyrics — the emotion felt a bit absent."
  • USA Today: 13/17
    • "Underwood’s ruffled train and wind machines nearly stole the show during “Ghost Story,” a lyrically evocative and dramatic revenge anthem from her upcoming studio album. The country star’s powerhouse vocals and impassioned delivery helped sell the somewhat forgettable track, which was saddled with an undesirable slot at the end of the night."
  • AV Club :10/17
    • "This was a fine song—”Ghost Story” is a brand-new track from the country superstar—but you have to wonder which member of the Carrie Underwood team thought it would be a good idea to have her sing the song while a comically enormous, ghostly lit version of the performer hovered on the massive screens behind her. The effect was unintentionally very funny, which actually made us enjoy this performance a little more than we might’ve otherwise, though probably not for the reasons Underwood and company hoped."
  • StereoGum: 14/17
    • "You can’t just put a Carrie Underwood performance on at 11:15 on a Sunday night. It’s not fair to her, and it’s damn sure not fair to us. Underwood can obviously sing, and she had some fire in her performance, but it’s like the Grammys were trying to get people to turn the show off and go to bed."
Can also vote here: https://www.billboard.com/music/awards/grammys-2022-performances-poll-1235054891/

A few reference the performance slot. Carrie went on late in an already long broadcast, but I thought being right before the biggest award would be a good slot (she also got to use the whole stage, in a way). Maybe that spot would have been better for a ceremony that ended at 11 instead of 11:30 PM.

Last edited:

mbh

WOW!!! "Carrie Fans" is ... **THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!** ... hands down! After sixteen years ... "Carrie had a busy weekend – also completing the second sold-out run of her critically-acclaimed REFLECTION: The Las Vegas Residency at the Resorts World Theatre March 23-April 2. She opened the new theatre with sold-out shows in December. Carrie’s residency continues with her next engagement May 11-21. Get tickets at axs.com/carrieinvegas."

mbh

Carrie's. A link was posted right above my post.

FB views aren't bad at all, though FB's view count is a bit weird/inflated since it's a social media website and I believe counts views as people scroll past stuff. But regardless from some browsing Carrie's, Justin's, and Chris Stapleton's performances were all uploaded at 9:27 AM yesterday and they have 892k, 1M, and 674k views, respectively. Billie Eilish and Olivia Rodrigo's performances were uploaded earlier yesterday around 4:09 AM and have 588k and 1.2M views, respectively. Though as younger artists I don't think Facebook is really Olivia or Billie's target social media platform. But not sure it's even possible to rewatch Grammy performances anywhere else at the moment.
Our Carrie's "Ghost Story" in her Facebook Page has 2.7 Million Views, now!

JTTW108

Is there anywhere I can watch the performance? I missed it and can’t seem to find it online