Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grammys 2022

txacar

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. While she'd kill it on a gospel medley, we have new music to show off.
Has Carrie ever not performed the work for which she was nominated? Love GS but it seems a bit tame for Grammys. Would love to see her do a medley from MS -- could be spectacular.

maddkat

Staff member
Has Carrie ever not performed the work for which she was nominated? Love GS but it seems a bit tame for Grammys. Would love to see her do a medley from MS -- could be spectacular.
she sang heartbeat at the Grammys. 😑
GS is 100 times the song that one is.

She's done the MS medley, no reason to repeat herself.

txacar

she sang heartbeat at the Grammys. 😑
GS is 100 times the song that one is.

She's done the MS medley, no reason to repeat herself.
I agree, Heartbeat was not Grammy performance worthy and it was the mashup with Sam that generated all the buzz. Don't think she was nominated for a particular song/performance that year. As I said, I love GS -- just don't want it to get lost among all of the spectacular acts that are common to Grammys. Carrie is creative, though, and she won't just stand there and sing if it's GS -- it will be a show. (However, if she just stands there and sings it will be OK with me -- still better than all the other acts put together.)

FanSince04

I’d bet it is GS. Also, they said live from Las Vegas. I can see her possibly performing the water scene from her residency.

PRGuy79

I’d bet it is GS. Also, they said live from Las Vegas. I can see her possibly performing the water scene from her residency.
That's an interesting concept. If they wanted to incorporate the phenomenal sets from her residency, she could go live from her own stage in the Resorts World theater. During the pandemic, we have seen more and more artists joining an event live - remotely. She'll be "just down the strip."

simonplay

Why you guys think she is performing SITW? If they are not letting her perform her new single much less a old song. And she doesn't need the promo at all, she is selling tickets!

I would say GS or the Bonnie tribute.

PRGuy79

Why you guys think she is performing SITW? If they are not letting her perform her new single much less a old song. And she doesn't need the promo at all, she is selling tickets!

I would say GS or the Bonnie tribute.
I don't necessarily think it will be a past hit. I just think the fact that her Las Vegas set is nearby, they might find a way to incorporate it into the performance - even if she joins virtually from her residency stage.

txacar

I don't necessarily think it will be a past hit. I just think the fact that her Las Vegas set is nearby, they might find a way to incorporate it into the performance - even if she joins virtually from her residency stage.
That's a thought. Also, she won a Grammy for SITW in 2014 but was unable to perform because she was so late in her pregnancy. SITW is on her nominated MS album, as well. If that is her choice I hope it is part of a medley. I haven't a clue what she will do, but it's fun speculating.