Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess single #4

Predict single #4!

• Renegade Runaway

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Dirty Laundry

Votes: 46 65.7%
  • Chaser

• Relapse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What I Never Knew I Always Wanted

• Choctaw County Affair

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • The Girl You Think I Am

• Like I'll Never Love You Again

• Mexico

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Clock Don't Stop

• Total voters

countrymusicfan15

As requested in the mediabase thread, here is a new "Guess the next single" poll! With the last one, DL pretty much cleaned house. But have opinions changed sine Carrie performed CCA at the CMA fest?? or is Dirty Laundry still the overwhelming pick? Or are you all wanting a more toned-down song to follow Church Bells, such as Chaser, WINKIAW, LINLYA or Relapse?

I'm sticking with my favorite Carrie song of all-time! DL!

txacar

Are we guessing what we think it will be, or what we WANT it to be? If the latter, DL is my fav., LINLYA second, Mexico third.

CarrieAddicted

LMAO, kidding.

Seriously now, like I said on the CB Mediabase Chart thread, I'm hoping for Mexico as the next single, as it's a fun song like Jay-Z and Beyoncé's '03 Bonnie & Clyde.

I wouldn't like for Carrie to release YET another song about a bad man/relationship, like DL and Chaser, or murder, like CCA.

If not Mexico, I would take Chaser, because of its pop sound.

ramb

I'm going with CCA. Best Carrie song ever.

If not, DL is my second choice. Great tune!

Farawayhills

I would love LINYA - one of Carrie's most mature and most expressive vocals yet. It's probably my favourite pick on the album. But I've already had my second favourite, as the lead single, and I know I'm unlikely to get both (I think, actually, Carrie has said earlier that she won't perform it live).

CCA is the most ambitious and "different" song on the album - some critics have called it not just an album, but a career, highlight. She's obviously not averse to performing it, plays on it, and probably sees it as a standard bearer for the "Twang Rock" vibe she mentioned. It may well be a single - but I'm equally convinced that it may well not be. It could go either way - and that may depend on how much radio risk the label is prepared to take. I'm sure it would be a hit (especially on Hot Country Songs) - but conventional wisdom may be more nervous about it also reaching the top three on the airplay chart. Some of its influence comes from the "Americana" wing (which Jay Joyce straddles) - and although it wouldn't be described by the Roots community as an Americana song as such, there might be some nervousness that Mainstream radio might not fully embrace it in the way they have her other singles. Also, the main thematic reference is to Bobbie Gentry - which means skipping the main recent Nashville influences for an earlier period, and an artist then considered somewhat controversial for her crossover leanings.

I hope they take the risk, either now or later, and I hope Carrie proves she is one of the very few contemporary artists who could pull it off (the recent success of Chris Stapleton - who is far from a conventional Nashville-background artist - may have helped in broadening the demand - though it's noticeable that he's done much better on HCS than on Airplay).

"Dirty Laundry" is a song I would probably have preferred to "Church Bells" - though I think its more specialized, and arguably less commercial than CB.

"Chaser" would, in many ways, have the best all-round appeal. The fact that it was released to radio in the UK alone may imply that it was not considered a main prospect for the US market, though - if it had been, I would have expected a simultaneous release (which would have helped it over here as well). As it was, I found the UK release disappointing - two instrumental passages I thought integral to the lilt and mood of the song were cut, making it more "ordinary", and I don't think it received a great deal of notice.

I think the two big possibilities are DL and CCA - I'd be happy with either, but I really hope they do go for the bolder choice of CCA

I'm hoping for DL or CCA but I love both so I'll be happy with either, just as long as the other is the fifth single lol. I'd LOVE Relapse but I don't see it happening unfortunately. As long as we get both CCA and DL I don't care what single 6 is if we get one, I just want those two!

DizzyDollyDee

So when do you all think it will be announced?? Can never remember how long after the last song hits #1 before they announce the next. Any ideas? Excited!