Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guess the Theme/Message for Each Song!

CarrieCountryCareBear

Hey Everyone!

I thought it would be fun if we tried to guess what each song would sound like/be about. I have only heard Good Girl so far, and I have not listened to any demos (so I apologize if some of my guesses are already wrong...haha).

Post what your best guesses/hopes are!

1. "Good Girl" (Carrie Underwood/Chris DeStefano/Ashley Gorley) 3:24 --
well, we already know that this one is a smash hit. Great way to start off the album!
2. "Blown Away" (Chris Tompkins/Josh Kear) 4:00 -- most of us have heard that this is going to be a powerful ballad. I see it as the "Just a Dream" of the album. I remember before Carnival Ride was released, everyone was DYING to know what Just a Dream sounded like...and it did not dissapoint. I think this song will also not dissapoint and most likely will be released as a single.
3. "Two Black Cadillacs" (Carrie Underwood/Hillary Lindsey/Josh Kear) 4:58 - I honestly think that this song will be an uptempo summer jam! Even though the song lasts close to 5 mintues, I think that there will be a long outro with the band playing free-form. I think this is going to be the type of song you blast with the 'windows rolled down and the heat on high' while speeding down the highway. I could be completely wrong though.
4. "See You Again" (Carrie Underwood/Hillary Lindsey/Dave Hodges) 4:06 - I think this song will be about meeting someone at a coffee shop and wanting to see that person again! I think it will be an uptempo song and have a cute storyline to it.
5. "Do You Think About Me" (Cary Barlowe/Hillary Lindsey/Shane Stevens) 3:37 - I'm thinking this is going to be a love song, but also a power ballad. For some reason, I really think it will be in the same vein as "Just a Kiss" by Lady Antebellum. I think that this song could have single potential. This is one of the songs I'm the most excited for.
6. "Forever Changed" (Tom Douglas/James Slater/Hillary Lindsey) 4:02 -- Hmm...this song is harder for me to guess. I think it will be a song to tell the message "since you've been in my life, I've been forever changed". I'm guessing mid-tempo.
7. "Nobody Ever Told You" (Carrie Underwood/Hillary Lindsey/Luke Laird) 4:10 -- I think that this is going to be an uptempo song along the message of "Nobody ever told you what a jerk you are". I'm really hoping that she turns up the sass on this song and tells some ego-tripping guy what she really thinks about him.
8. "One Way Ticket" (Carrie Underwood/Luke Laird/Josh Kear) 3:56 -- I'm hoping that this song is an uptempo fun song about running away (in the same style of Get Out of This Town). I think this could also be similar to "This Time" from Play On. A fun loving summer track! Possible single?
9. "Thank God For Hometowns" (Luke Laird/Ashley Gorley/Hillary Lindsey) 4:01 - I think this song will have a similar message as Miranda Lambert's "Everybody Dies Famous in a Small Town". I think it will pay homage to small towns and what makes them so home-like :)
10. "Good In Goodbye" (Carrie Underwood/Ryan Tedder/Hillary Lindsey) 4:17 - Well...either there is NO good in goodbye, or she's finally found the good in goodbye. Since it's a Ryan Tedder track, I'm thinking it's the former.
11. "Leave Love Alone" (Gordie Sampson/Troy Verges/Hillary Lindsey) 3:19 - I haven't heard this demo, but a lot of people already have and say it sounds good!
12. "Cupid's Got A Shotgun" (Carrie Underwood/Chris Tompkins/Josh Kear) 3:43 - WOO HOO. I'm excited to hear this song. I think this is going to be Songs Like This x100. I don't know if it will be a single, but I think it will be a crowd favorite. I think she has set her eyes on a man, and cupid's got a SHOTGUN to take him down for her....hahaha
13. "Wine After Whiskey" (Carrie Underwood/Tom Shapiro/Dave Berg) 3:51 - I haven't heard the demo, but I hope this is a really tender ballad. The title is so beautiful, and I really hope there is a powerful message embedded in here as well.
14. "Who Are You" (Wendell Mobley/Neil Thrasher/Claude Kelly) 3:55 - Hmmm....A claude kelly track as a closer? I'm gonna guess that this is actually an uptempo track. I think it have the message "Who are you to tell me what to do?". I think it will be about making your own choices in life....

Those are just my initial thoughts....I'd love to hear your interpretations of the titles :D

~Tim

carebear4eva

TBC as a summer jam? I don't know about that...Especially if it follows BA on the album.

I like your description of CGAS! That could totally be it. Expanding on that, maybe the Shotgun is for some other girl that the guy she's hot for likes?

As in "I like you, but you're hot for this bimbo (named Jane)...But it's okay, cuz Cupid's Got a Shotgun to take this Jane down!"

I have too much time on my hands x)

gocountrymusic

Interesting takes on a couple of the songs. I think 2 black Cadillacs is going to be something more heavy handed and one of those "body count" songs. I also think that See You Again since it was considered for the third Narnia movie will be about seeing someone again after they pass away (I think this will be the most faith based song). Its late so I can't really think right now but it was very cool to read your predictions about what each song is going to be about.

Last edited:

Burst

Well, my thoughts are:

1. "Good Girl" (Carrie Underwood/Chris DeStefano/Ashley Gorley) 3:24 -- Duh.
2. "Blown Away" (Chris Tompkins/Josh Kear) 4:00 -- I think this song will be emotional and sad, but I think there will be hope and portray a sense of unity without being too preachy.
3. "Two Black Cadillacs" (Carrie Underwood/Hillary Lindsey/Josh Kear) 4:58 - I think this song will be sad. Idk something about the name screams doom to me.
4. "See You Again" (Carrie Underwood/Hillary Lindsey/Dave Hodges) 4:06 -I agree with the previous thoughts. It'll be upbeat and hopeful.
5. "Do You Think About Me" (Cary Barlowe/Hillary Lindsey/Shane Stevens) 3:37 - This sounds pretty lovey-dovey. I'm seeing a song similar to What Can I Say (minus Sons of Sylvia of course).
6. "Forever Changed" (Tom Douglas/James Slater/Hillary Lindsey) 4:02 -- I think this song will be about how a girl has found her love and is happy that her life is different because their special someone is in it.
7. "Nobody Ever Told You" (Carrie Underwood/Hillary Lindsey/Luke Laird) 4:10 -- I think this song will be upbeat and fun about Carrie boy-bashing, yet again!
8. "One Way Ticket" (Carrie Underwood/Luke Laird/Josh Kear) 3:56 -- I think this song will be sad, about someone leaving, and never returning. The person who stayed is sad and mourns.
9. "Thank God For Hometowns" (Luke Laird/Ashley Gorley/Hillary Lindsey) 4:01 - This song will be happy and upbeat, similar to I Ain't In Checotah Anymore.
10. "Good In Goodbye" (Carrie Underwood/Ryan Tedder/Hillary Lindsey) 4:17 - I'm seeing a song where Carrie is glad that she's done with a certain someone, and she praises herself for seeing it and leaving them.
11. "Leave Love Alone" (Gordie Sampson/Troy Verges/Hillary Lindsey) 3:19 - I haven't heard the demo either, but I'm envisioning a sad song again where Carrie tells the listener to leave alone what is good.
12. "Cupid's Got A Shotgun" (Carrie Underwood/Chris Tompkins/Josh Kear) 3:43 - I'm pretty sure this song will be upbeat and probably the most fun on the album where Carrie says that she is angry with how she feels about someone. I'm thinking single?
13. "Wine After Whiskey" (Carrie Underwood/Tom Shapiro/Dave Berg) 3:51 - I haven't heard the demo, I'm thinking something sad about someone leaving her.
14. "Who Are You" (Wendell Mobley/Neil Thrasher/Claude Kelly) 3:55 I think this song will be either sad, and Carrie is questioning a guy she left, or inspirational as a "Who are you? Go find yourself!" kind of way.

My thoughts are basically similar, but this is what I'm seeing right now. in BA. :D

teesharky

Nice idea! This will pass the time. Lol

Ok here are my tentative thoughts:

1. Good Girl - we know.

2. Blown Away: We know it is dramatic and that it mentions a twister but is not really about a storm. I think there it will be a tragedy with one of the deaths carrie mentioned in her body count. Lol. It could be about a murder or teen suicide or domestic abuse maybe?

3. 2 black Cadillacs: again i think this is a dark song about death that continues the body count theme. Lol. Hard to say beyond death as the theme here.

4. See You Again: we know this is likely the folky song carrie mentioned from Narnia so it is about leaving narnia or a place you love for either heaven through death or leaving childhood fantasies behind. Since the rat dies in the end of narnia i think it is about death and seeing your loved ones again in heaven. Aka another body count.

5. Do You Think About Me: i believe this is a relationship song about an ex love. It sounds like a mid yempo to me aka Need You Now.

6. Forever Changed: i think this is a sweet relationship type song about family. It could be a ballad about being forever changed once you marry and have kids.

7. Nobody Ever Told You: i think this is uptempo and sassy too. Not rocking though as carrie said GG is the only rocking song on there. But sassy, telling the guy off in so many words.

8. One Way Ticket: at first i thought this was obviously about leaving town and not looking back. But that would be a rip off of the leanne rimes song. So i think it will be about something else. Maybe a one way ticket to heart?? I just dont think carrie would copy leannes exact song title with a song of the same theme.

9. Thank God for Hometowns: sweet midtempo about family love hometowns exactly as the demo clip implied.

10. Good in Goodbye: ryan tedder cowrite so i think it will be a catchy midtempo about relationships. It will either go like there is no good in goodbyes or sometimes goodbyes are good. Looking forward to this for sure!!

11. Leave Love Alone: we have the demo so we know it is a catchy rootsy upbeat tempo about wanting to stay away from love but unable to do so.

12. Cupids Gotta Shotgun: my personal favorite title of all by my favorite writers-- carrie and before he cheats-- lol. I think this is the fierce song carrie mentioned. Lol. It will be a real barn burner and uptempo. I think it is an anti love song or an anti valentines day song. Lol

13. Wine after Whiskey: we know the lyrics to this beautiful song. It is about regretting the loss of your former love as now everyone you meet cannot measure up. The love you had was strong like whiskey wheras now you are drinking weak watered down wine.. Never as good as the whiskey you had before.

14. Who Are You: i feel this is a ballad and possibly introspective or reflective about either yourself or someone you are in a relationship with. But it could be spiritual too and be about God? Hard to
Say.

CarrieCountryCareBear

TBC as a summer jam? I don't know about that...Especially if it follows BA on the album.

I like your description of CGAS! That could totally be it. Expanding on that, maybe the Shotgun is for some other girl that the guy she's hot for likes?

As in "I like you, but you're hot for this bimbo (named Jane)...But it's okay, cuz Cupid's Got a Shotgun to take this Jane down!"

I have too much time on my hands x)

Well...I guess I kind of thought "Two Black Cadillacs" sounded gloomy, and I was hoping the start of the album wouldn't have too many serious songs...but I'm sure it will be beautiful even if it's a sad song.