Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hallelujah chart updates

FanSince04

I was going to say the same thing. Carrie looks like an angel in the video.....

I’m still trying to figure out the story behind the video. There’s an abandoned church, John, and seems like carolers... maybe spirits of people passed?

FanSince04

Wait, so like.. they all died? What happened here : c

I’m not sure. Maybe somebody will offer a different opinion. The people are faded and hold candles and they stand behind John and Carrie.. but at the end everybody is gone.

PRGuy79

The video is stunningly beautiful. And haunting. And I interpret it as memories of times before the pandemic, when we were all able to gather, and we are harkening back to those good days and acknowledging that we are "holding on to hope" for more. It fits the song beautifully.

The video is stunningly beautiful. And haunting. And I interpret it as memories of times before the pandemic, when we were all able to gather, and we are harkening back to those good days and acknowledging that we are "holding on to hope" for more. It fits the song beautifully.

Completely agree with this! That's exactly how I felt after watching the video.

maddkat

Staff member
Hallelujah moves up a spot to #21 (+9 spins/+.003 AIs)
21 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Hallelujah f/John Le... 140 81 59 0.574

Burst

As far as I remember, holiday songs don’t do too well outside of AC, so I wouldn’t expect miracles, but I’d love to see these get some traction. What she really needs is Spotify playlisting..

adam1995

Wow! What’s the probability all three will make the Top 10? I’d love for at least one to get #1

0%. Christmas songs do not make it that high on country. Top 40 if we're lucky, plus, with three songs sent they will compete against each other. On the Christmas charts they may do well.

countrymusicfan15

0%. Christmas songs do not make it that high on country. Top 40 if we're lucky, plus, with three songs sent they will compete against each other. On the Christmas charts they may do well.

Yep even Do You Hear What I Hear only got to like #26 I think, and that got quite a bit of airplay!!

I am glad songs from the album got sent to country radio despite them most likely not setting the world on fire with the charts (to be expected with pretty much all Christmas music). I am going to guess Hallelujah will probably do the best since it is the least flat-out Christmas, but the general public seems to love Little Drummer Boy thanks to Isaiah.

adam1995

These are all the Christmas songs Carrie has charted and where they charted on Country. Actually, didn't realize DYHWIH made it that high.

"Do You Hear What I Hear"---27
"I'll Be Home for Christmas" (with Elvis Presley)---54
"Hark! The Herald Angels Sing"---41
"O Holy Night"---39
"The First Noel"---50
"What Child Is This?"---51