Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hate My Heart chart updates

Smokyiiis

Exactly what is making this Wallen dude have these numbers? I tried to be reasonable while listening on the radio surveys and though I can say they are decent, they don't have more than a brief listen from me! My hubby ONLY listens to country music and he's not enthralled by Wallen's music either. So what's REALLY happening?

Reactions: Hil

rcramer

Exactly what is making this Wallen dude have these numbers? I tried to be reasonable while listening on the radio surveys and though I can say they are decent, they don't have more than a brief listen from me! My hubby ONLY listens to country music and he's not enthralled by Wallen's music either. So what's REALLY happening?
It boggles my mind... I would love to know what age group is getting into this music and the men.. I mean Wallen, Combs, Zimmerman and others all sound alike and really the music is not that great.... Tiktok I guess made some of them.... But they are blowing up the charts and the I assume streaming..

And lets face it the charts are so manipulated, and male driven, it is not even fun to watch anymore.....

adam1995

It's what people like right now. I personally do like Wallen. I get it. Carrie had that level of excitement at one time. Nothing more.

montdu39

Morgan Wallen is the new shiny star in country music right now. He’s found a way to reach the younger generation on social media and has developed a style that is very “in” right now.

Unfortunately, Carrie isn’t a new shiny artist anymore and the level of excitement for her music isn’t what it used to be. She had her big moments, and it’s ok that her career is in a different stage. I selfishly hope she will have more massive hits, but I’m not holding my breath.

Hil

Well, there's a whole certain demo that is into Wallen because of a word he said. I'll leave it at that, because there's nothing special about his music or his voice.

Hopefully HMH will pick up and make the top ten. Fingers crossed for a Deluxe album.

adam1995

Well, there's a whole certain demo that is into Wallen because of a word he said. I'll leave it at that, because there's nothing special about his music or his voice.

Hopefully HMH will pick up and make the top ten. Fingers crossed for a Deluxe album.
Well, that's quite general, and not true, but okay.

Hil

Well, that's quite general, and not true, but okay.
Actually it is, Morgan even said his numbers went up after that happened. That doesn't include everyone, and it was certainly not a jab at anyone here. But his voice is VERY mid. There's literally nothing special about him or his music, and that's JMO.

As far as Carrie and her career once you get to a certain point there isn't going to be the excitement there used to be for the overall general public. Carrie has never played the personal life publicity game, even in her early days. She'll never do that. She'll still have a hit every now and then, and will continue to sellout arena's when she tours. I just hope she never stops making music. I pretty much love all of her music, and I'm excited to see what she gives us as her career continues. I'd love to get an acoustic or at least stripped down album with those flawless vocals. A rock album that leans a little country would be cool. I'd still love for her to get the EOTY award at the CMA's. I think that's really the only thing left as far as commercial stuff goes. She deserves it, she's earned it. I won't hold my breath because they'll give it to an undeserving white male who hasn't done half of what she has, and will have it handed to him anyway. Hope I'm wrong, but there are too many Billy Dukes' in the world.

liz278

Actually it is, Morgan even said his numbers went up after that happened. That doesn't include everyone, and it was certainly not a jab at anyone here. But his voice is VERY mid. There's literally nothing special about him or his music, and that's JMO.

As far as Carrie and her career once you get to a certain point there isn't going to be the excitement there used to be for the overall general public. Carrie has never played the personal life publicity game, even in her early days. She'll never do that. She'll still have a hit every now and then, and will continue to sellout arena's when she tours. I just hope she never stops making music. I pretty much love all of her music, and I'm excited to see what she gives us as her career continues. I'd love to get an acoustic or at least stripped down album with those flawless vocals. A rock album that leans a little country would be cool. I'd still love for her to get the EOTY award at the CMA's. I think that's really the only thing left as far as commercial stuff goes. She deserves it, she's earned it. I won't hold my breath because they'll give it to an undeserving white male who hasn't done half of what she has, and will have it handed to him anyway. Hope I'm wrong, but there are too many Billy Dukes' in the world.
This post is on point. You articulated everything I want to say.

adam1995

True that’s your opinion, but that’s true of literally every artist then. Someone can make all the same critiques of any artist with success. You don’t have to like it or understand why they’re big, but then again it doesn’t make a difference

I know Carrie had her share of criticism and that’s fine. I don’t understand Luke Combs appeal, but I don’t have to. He’s having a moment. I just wouldn’t call large chunks of his fan base something derogatory when that’s just not true, just because I don’t like his music that much.

It’s just he distain for anyone that has huge success that isn’t Carrie, is old.

Hil

True that’s your opinion, but that’s true of literally every artist then. Someone can make all the same critiques of any artist with success. You don’t have to like it or understand why they’re big, but then again it doesn’t make a difference

I know Carrie had her share of criticism and that’s fine. I don’t understand Luke Combs appeal, but I don’t have to. He’s having a moment. I just wouldn’t call large chunks of his fan base something derogatory when that’s just not true, just because I don’t like his music that much.

It’s just he distain for anyone that has huge success that isn’t Carrie, is old.
ugh lol Morgan brought that on himself. It is a factor, he even said so. I don't get the Luke Combs love either. He's extremely overrated. I like a lot of artists besides Carrie.

montdu39

You can’t ignore that the scandal boosted his sales and career, because a certain demographic are anti-woke or anti cancel culture (which should be renamed consequence culture IMO lol).

Regardless, he’s new and shiny and people love him. I have many people in my personal life that love his music for some reason.

Reactions: Hil

CU4ever

Can we go ahead and drop HMH and push OOTT. It’s connecting so much better and HMH feels pretty much dead.
This is what I want. I’d like HMH to maybe make it 5-8 spots higher but that’s all I need. Top twenty is almost a given soon and then they can drop it. It’s odd UMG is pushing it as they often drop songs (even from big people like Luke Bryan) if they’re not connecting. Some part of me thinks they aren’t doing that since they notice she has had a drop in radio success on their label and worry it’ll make them look bad to not promote it all they can and get it as high as possible.

But yes, OOTT is a hit. One Carrie badly needs.

CU4ever

I’m not one of the people who necessarily agrees Carrie is at a stage of her career where she’s like Reba radio wise. I *do* agree she isn’t the it girl anymore and won’t have success like Wallen or Combs does, that is true. But I *do* think she can have success that’s at least on par with Southbound, which was last era. She has been entirely having the wrong single choices and that is a large part of the reason her new songs don’t do well. While Maren and Miranda’s new songs peaked low 40s/50s, radio took HMH very fast to nearly 20. So, they still really value her. If this was OOTT, CA, etc, it would be approaching top ten by now. So I think with the right single choices, Carrie can be (at least for now) having decent success, often making top ten. And being a touring giant, of course

maddkat

Staff member
Can we go ahead and drop HMH and push OOTT. It’s connecting so much better and HMH feels pretty much dead.
sure we can do whatever we want. the label however is sticking with HMH.
If OOTT is such a big hit it can wait it's turn just like BHC did.

Hil

sure we can do whatever we want. the label however is sticking with HMH.
If OOTT is such a big hit it can wait it's turn just like BHC did.
I figure they're at least going to wait until the tour is over. HMH is part of the setlist, and they'll probably give it one last push before it's done, especially if songs start to fall. Also, OOTT isn't even part of the album..YET. lol I usually can tell what is going to do well on country radio and what's not, but I'm having a difficult time atm. HMH started off strong, and did really well, then just kinda faded. I thought it was super catchy and would catch on better with the general public but it didn't. I think OOTT is great, and generally would fly to the top, but catchy songs aren't flying to the top lol so who knows.

Zach1998

I’m not saying OOTT is going to be a massive hit, but I will say that HMH has been stuck at #23 on Mediabase for nearly a month, and has failed to even appear on the Hot Country Songs Chart (due to low streams and sales.)

It’d be tone deaf to continue with a song that is already showing that it isn’t going to move the needle much, while having a song that is showing all signs of becoming a hit being right there, plus OOTT has good playlisting, they don’t keep songs in those playlists forever, the game is much different now than when BHC was around.