Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hate My Heart chart updates

CU4ever

Yup. OOTT is in all the playlists I listen to. HMH is and never was in any. They should wait a few weeks for it to hit like #16 after the clean out and then pull it. OOTT being a genuine #1 hit would make up for HMH’s low peak, which I thought from the beginning was a bad single choice that wouldn’t do well. It never made sense to me

oh and #dropHMH lol

Last edited:

maddkat

Staff member
HMH is passed by 'One thing at a time' (+215/+.853) and 'Standing Room Only' (+128/+.366) , drops to #26 (-22/-.288)
26 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Hate My Heart 2256 2305 -49 8.870

remains at #28 in Canada (+5/+.007)

Last edited:

adam1995

I know that OOTT is very high on playlists and is getting promo (both thanks to the label), but how is it's actual impact with the general public being measured? Obviously, it's streams are better than HMH, but that comes with the playlisting. Are streams like taking off or something? Is it getting unsolicited airplay? Like is it actually making a real impact or is it just being promoted more?

I think it is a song that should connect, but beyond hearing what you guys are saying, I'm not really seeing anything crazy with how OOTT is doing.

CU4ever

HMH is passed by 'One thing at a time' (+115/+.853) and 'Standing Room Only' (+128/+.366) , drops to #26 (-22/-.288)
26 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Hate My Heart 2256 2305 -49 8.870

remains at #28 in Canada (+5/+.007)
Before anyone worries, SRO will fall below HMH again this week, and HMH still stands a chance at repassing GIM. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they pull this soon. I just don’t know why this was a single choice

CU4ever

So, while this did have a very bad week...if it holds on a couple more weeks, it'll more than likely make top twenty. On Mediabase, four songs ahead of HMH are done as of today, and one song will fall below it tomorrow, which puts HMH at #21 in the next 2 or 3 weeks alone, so top 20 will also be very soon after that. This big log jam is finally starting to (slowly but surely) clear out. I think they should wait for top twenty and then drop this one and move on to OOTT

Reactions: Hil

PRGuy79

So, while this did have a very bad week...if it holds on a couple more weeks, it'll more than likely make top twenty. On Mediabase, four songs ahead of HMH are done as of today, and one song will fall below it tomorrow, which puts HMH at #21 in the next 2 or 3 weeks alone, so top 20 will also be very soon after that. This big log jam is finally starting to (slowly but surely) clear out. I think they should wait for top twenty and then drop this one and move on to OOTT
I just don't see how we could expect anything other than a bad week with the label's attention completely diverted to promoting a song that isn't the current single and isn't on the current album.

adam1995

I just don't see how we could expect anything other than a bad week with the label's attention completely diverted to promoting a song that isn't the current single and isn't on the current album.
They aren’t promoting the new song at radio, it hasn’t charted or received any airplay, right? OOTT shouldn’t really have any effect on this song’s radio performance.

CU4ever

At the end of the day, this was a bad single choice. But artists often have songs peak around this nowadays (Luke Bryan, Dan and Shay, etc). And they always make it back to the top 5/10 easily with their next song, because in the cases where a song peaked low, the label dropped it relatively quickly so all the momentum wasn't burnt up on a song that did not connect. I think UMG really needs to drop this in 2-3 weeks (after it reaches 20) and release OOTT.

FanSince04

It’s safe to say I will smile when they don’t and HMH make it to the Top 10 and all the theorizing was for naught 😊 Until then, y’all are entertaining! Keep it up.

CU4ever

It’s safe to say I will smile when they don’t and HMH make it to the Top 10 and all the theorizing was for naught 😊 Until then, y’all are entertaining! Keep it up.
I truly hope and pray you are right! I'd love top ten. My anxiety often makes me a very negative spinning person lol. Glad I can offer you some entertainment. ;)

rcramer

Here’s to hoping HMH does too. I was just always perplexed why they chose this one over the better Ones.. But it is what it is….

Eder Rodrigues

I find it curious to see comments saying that it was a bad choice of single just because the song is not doing as well as we are used to. Several factors may be weighing in on this scenario, such as the fact that the album is not a commercial success, remaining on the Billboard chart for only THREE weeks, and after nine months, it has not sold half of what My Savior sold. Any choice of single would be risky, especially since radio stations do not feel pressured to give it a push as they did with the first single.

Many want "Pink Champagne" and "Crazy Angels," but I don't see any difference in these songs compared to anything Carrie has already done. The ideal would be for her to release a deluxe version of the album, release a new single with an unreleased song, and then end the era. It doesn't make sense for a record label to continue investing in something that is not bringing returns (sales), especially now that the tour is over.

maddkat

Staff member
HMH remains at #25 (+40/+.274)
25 CARRIE UNDERWOOD Hate My Heart 2283 2299 -16 9.204

Shelton's ' My Body' (-136/-.575) is done, HMH will pass it in a few days. Aldean's song has been falling hard( -4000 spins this week) and HMH could pass it this week.

remains at #28 in Canada (+27/+.077)

Last edited: