Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's a Sneak Peek at Dolly Parton's Emotional Childhood Movie Coat of Many Colors

lizcarlo

Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors Movie Video : People.com

Dolly Parton's Coat of Many Colors follows the singer's poverty-stricken childhood in the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee, a story that will have you reaching for a box of tissues.

"The ups and downs in her family make it a very emotional role," the film's 8-year-old star, Alyvia Alyn Lind, who plays young Parton, tells PEOPLE.

As one of the executive producers, Parton herself was very hands on in the making of the film – especially when it came to casting her family members.

"She told me, 'I loved your little eyes," says Lind of auditioning in front of Parton.

Don't miss a beat of country music news, photos and videos! Click here to get all this and more in the PEOPLE Country Newsletter.

Jennifer Nettles plays Parton's mom, Avie Lee Parton, and Ricky Schroder plays her dad, Robert Lee Parton.

"Dolly told me I reminded her so much of her father," Schroder tells PEOPLE. "I was honored to play him. I wanted to get it right for Dolly because she's just so kind and sweet and generous and she put so much trust in everybody to make this movie about her family."

There is short video in article if you want to watch.