Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hopefully Untrue Mention About Carrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlownAway2012

I was just thinking about this last night. Back in August a girlfriend of mine went to Destin, Florida and they were talking about the people they went parasailing with. It's some little company that lets people rent out their equipment and they take them out on a boat to go parasail. But anyway, she said they told her Carrie had gone parasailing back in July with them. I guess the story makes sense because Carrie has a couple Instagram pictures from the beach in July. But they were talking about how Carrie was really being a B-word and she wouldn't let them help her strap on the equipment to parasail, and she didn't talk much to them. I don't know if this is true, but I hope not. I've heard stories from people who have supposedly met her and they say she's kind of unfriendly and quiet, but I think there's a difference in being quiet and being unfriendly. It could have just been that day she wasn't feeling very social and she just wanted to have fun and relax. I don't know if Mike was with her.

maddkat

Staff member
false , Carrie was not in Destin she vacationed in Italy ,and she posted 0 pictures from the beach in July

BlownAway2012

I see those pictures were from May. She was saying they were from July. But she's a good friend and she's always been really honest. Those people were probably making it up to make it sound like famous people actually parasailed with them. But I have never met Carrie and I've never been to a concert. From what I've seen in interviews and on TV she has always seemed very nice.

Farawayhills

Although I've never had the privilege of meeting her, I've always been struck by her charm, gentle humour and care for others. To give a few examples, think of her ducking out of sight at a sports fixture early in her relationship with Mike, her crying meeting children and patients in Africa, her willingness to be "goofy" and playful in interviews, her prodding the preoccupied English reporter with her foot, her charm in complying with the birthday boy who awkwardly asked for a kiss, her singing with schoolchildren in class visits. All this strikes me as a woman with a sense of fun and compassion, who can react spontaneously to a variety of circumstances.

I know some people see her as cold and aloof - but that probably arises as much from a clash of expectations about how "celebrities" are supposed to appear, and/or the rowdy reputation of some Country performers. Carrie admits she's not "huggy-feely" by nature, and can be shy, and doesn't lean towards a brash image. None of that is wrong and shouldn't be held against her.
(Although it may seem a bit silly to say so. I actually see things in Carrie that remind me a bit of my own personality - and that's something I've felt about very few other singers I've admired)

epicamends

Although I've never had the privilege of meeting her, I've always been struck by her charm, gentle humour and care for others. To give a few examples, think of her ducking out of sight at a sports fixture early in her relationship with Mike, her crying meeting children and patients in Africa, her willingness to be "goofy" and playful in interviews, her prodding the preoccupied English reporter with her foot, her charm in complying with the birthday boy who awkwardly asked for a kiss, her singing with schoolchildren in class visits. All this strikes me as a woman with a sense of fun and compassion, who can react spontaneously to a variety of circumstances.

I know some people see her as cold and aloof - but that probably arises as much from a clash of expectations about how "celebrities" are supposed to appear, and/or the rowdy reputation of some Country performers. Carrie admits she's not "huggy-feely" by nature, and can be shy, and doesn't lean towards a brash image. None of that is wrong and shouldn't be held against her.
(Although it may seem a bit silly to say so. I actually see things in Carrie that remind me a bit of my own personality - and that's something I've felt about very few other singers I've admired)

I completely agree. That's one of the things about Carrie that I've always been drawn to. I see a lot of my own personality in hers, especially her shyness and dry sense of humour.

It has always bothered me when people automatically assume that a quiet person is a rude person. We just like to observe. I'm not the type of person to talk just to talk - I usually only talk when I feel I actually have something to say. I often have people ask me if I'm bored or not having a good time if we're out and I'm being quiet - it's not either of those things, usually I'm just observing. I get the sense Carrie is a lot like that too, which is pretty rare for a celebrity.

sco

I see those pictures were from May. She was saying they were from July. But she's a good friend and she's always been really honest. Those people were probably making it up to make it sound like famous people actually parasailed with them. But I have never met Carrie and I've never been to a concert. From what I've seen in interviews and on TV she has always seemed very nice.

Carrie was not in Destin in May either. She went to Cabo earlier in the summer not Destin. Whether Carrie ever went parasailing with that company I have no idea. However, to be honest, there have been enough reports of her coming across as unfriendly they can't possibly be all lies. It is known that Carrie is quiet, somewhat shy and doesn't like crowds. The problem with celebrities is that people expect the image or stage persona and are shocked when they get the real person, faults, idiosyncracies and all. From what I can tell people who know Carrie like her but some people who only meet her briefly may think she is aloof. I have never met her and am unlikely to ever meet her. I'm going to go out on a huge limb and say she is most likely a person with good points and faults and people who like her and a few people who don't, just like every other human in the world.

Last edited:

teesharky

First, Carrie was in Italy in July, so I highly doubt she was in Florida then. Second, in May she was on tour the entire month, so I doubt she was even there then.

In addition, Carrie is rich enough to rent her own boat to parasail privately. I highly doubt she would go with strangers like that, knowing people would want her autograph and bother her when she is trying to escape. So I don't buy the story that she went with these people.

Finally, even if they were there with her somehow, she is a very quiet person and she doesn't like to be touched- she said many times. She has panic attacks and doesn't like people touching her. If they tried to touch her to strap on the parasail, she may not have liked that. Many people are the same way. She is quiet and reserved, but not *****y.

People misinterpret her all the time as they are used to bubbly annoying celebs who need to be the center of attention at all times like Taylor. She can work a room alright, but she is fake as the day is long.

teesharky

The only picture Carrie posted from a beach was in June when she went to Cabo Mexico with her best friend for the bachelorette weekend. That was not Florida, and I doubt any of this is true.

opry051008

Since as people have mentioned that it's highly unlikely that Carrie was in Destin in either July or May there's no need to fuel this rumor any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.