Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hosting

CU4ever

Per Carrie’s Instagram, she’s done hosting CMAs (for now). I guess the losses this year saddened her

adam1995

Per Carrie’s Instagram, she’s done hosting CMAs (for now). I guess the losses this year saddened her

Honestly, not surprised. She'll be tough to replace no doubt, but why give your best to an organization that turns their back on you?

CU4ever

Honestly, not surprised. She'll be tough to replace no doubt, but why give your best to an organization that turns their back on you?

Spot on. I don’t blame her. She worked so hard, gave them ratings, etc and then they just totally slapped her in the face this year. I definitely think she left because of the losses this year

monkeyboy16

Yeah I’m sure this past year was a a big sting for her, but I don’t think her loss was the cause of not continuing. It kinda sounds like she wanted to go out with a bang, and she did with Dolly and Reba. Even if she won, I bet she would have still stepped down from hosting. Just my thought tho

simonplay

Yees Carrie!! So happy she decided to stop hosting this show!!

Also, excited about all that new things coming next year!!

sco

I'm sad to see her go but I'm not surprised. It's a huge amount if work that it isn't appreciated. I'm sure the producers are sad to see her go as well. I know its childish but part of me is hoping the ratings tank.

carrieidol1

She’s such a class act, such a well-written post. However, given the random timing of the post when the show is almost a year from now has me thinking this had a lot to do with the lack of EOTY recognition, especially this past year when her name was literally all over the award. In general, Carrie has definitely won a fair share of CMAs, but most of those were from before “Play On”... crazy to think that over 12 years of hosting she has gone home empty handed 8 times, and shouldn’t have for at least 4 of those years; 2013 FVOTY and 2019 EOTY are the major snub standouts but there have been other years I remember scratching my head at some bogus results as well (just can’t recall at the moment)...

Nevertheless...

Seems like the right move regardless - 12 years is a long time, but I think she’ll be back to host sooner or later. So excited for 2020!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaymiee

I thought the timing was odd to announce this also. It's like shes been recapping the past year on Instagram of all the amazing things she done and accomplished with her massive tour then announces shes done hosting. Definitely seems like its because of the lack of recognition. Good! I'm happy for her! They slapped her across the face in front of the world so now shes done!

txacar

CMA voters are Carrie and 7,400 of her peers and people affiliated with radio and music industry at large. Should the CMA Board have ignored the will of the voters and given it to Carrie? I don't blame CMA per se -- same voters are at ACM. I do blame her fellow artists who resent her talent and success, as well as bloc voters such as WME.

That said, I will really miss the best co-hosts in show business. They were so refreshing, funny and entertaining. On the plus side, I will only have to watch one performance. Guess I'll miss the gown changes, tho. Nobody will ever come close to Carrie in that department.

CU4ever

I also think this is definitely because of the losses this year. Carrie made some comments during the show that indicated she and Brad would return next year.

Smokyiiis

Yes I agree. I think her “reflections” of the past year might very well have included another year of no award for doing twice what the other nominees did. I think she feels like it’s time to let the ship sink or float on its own. She’s definitely given it her all for over a decade and taken no metal home on several years where she should have at it all. The storyteller and cry pretty tours were in an entirely different league and should have seen recognition. And I have a feeling that like many other award shows, without her hosting, the ratings are going to drop significantly

jimshoe

If you listen closely you will can hear a giant thud - that's the 2020 CMA ratings going through the floor.

watch for them to beg her to come back in 2021...

txacar

Who in the heck will they ever get to replace the dynamic duo of Carrie and Brad?

They won't and if they're smart they will have the new hosts play it straight for a couple of years. You just can't replace the chemistry between Brad and Carrie -- so corny, so cute, so funny!!!

lizcarlo

They don't deserve her hosting anyway. I will not be watching the whole thing without her hosting. Ill checkout performances later.

Hil

I'm super sad about it. It's selfish of me, but I am. I really loved watching her host, do cute little skits and she got to sing sometimes throughout the show. totally respect her decision to step down, but I'm bummed.

DaisyTweets

I'm super sad about it. It's selfish of me, but I am. I really loved watching her host, do cute little skits and she got to sing sometimes throughout the show. totally respect her decision to step down, but I'm bummed.
This is me to Hil!!! Totally bummed by this decision but totally respect Carrie for making it. I thought for sure she'd host one more year to break the record but like I say I totally respect her decision.

I too find the announcement now interesting. Makes you wonder why now???