Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hosting

Momin

I wouldn't mind Kelsea Ballerini stepping in. I think she can handle the duties well. She can add charm and humour. I know most people are not too enthusiastic about her but I like her. And I trust Carrie's admiration of her as someone who has deep consideration for country music.

As for a male counterpart, I think all the "Bros" of country music are too bland for my taste. It has to be someone who has a good sense of humour, who can execute the punchlines well and also have some charm.

Just a thought though.. how about Little Big Town as hosts? Not sure but thinking out loud.

sco

I wouldn't mind Kelsea Ballerini stepping in. I think she can handle the duties well. She can add charm and humour. I know most people are not too enthusiastic about her but I like her. And I trust Carrie's admiration of her as someone who has deep consideration for country music.

As for a male counterpart, I think all the "Bros" of country music are too bland for my taste. It has to be someone who has a good sense of humour, who can execute the punchlines well and also have some charm.

Just a thought though.. how about Little Big Town as hosts? Not sure but thinking out loud.

I'm a Kelsea fan and I think she could handle it well. I like Little Big Town as well but when they did CMA fest the jokes were incredibly lame. Four hosts is just a little too much for me.

They may have trouble finding prople willing to do it. It's a thankless job that's a huge amount of work.

Louisa

It’s the end of era. I hope this isn’t the last time we see Carrie as host. Thank you to Carrie and Brad for all their years of fun and entertainment. Carrie has been a wonderful host. Can’t wait to see what 2020 has in store for her. Happy New Year to you all. ❤️

CU4ever

My guess is on a popular sophomore artist - such as Maren and a male counterpart.

I hope carrie will make a guest host appearance in a skit of some sort for the next few years. I’ve been watching the show since she started hosting and it will be so weird not to watch this year - but I’m glad they can’t use poor Carrie for ratings anymore.

cmuf2011

Just putting my two cents in but i think this was the last year that Carrie planned on hosting i mean before the “disappointment”. Disclaimer Carrie isn’t the disappointment. Carrie and Brad probably thought that the best way to leave the hosting gig was with two legends that Carrie looks up to and since the theme was celebration of women Brad stepped down a year earlier cause it would’ve been weird for there to be a guy host and honestly before the announcement I thought paisleywood was going to be back in 2020.

gran29

I'm sure she didn't step down without something major in the works. Maybe it just wasn't the same for her without Brad. They were like George and Gracie, for those of us old enough to know who they were. Maybe she thought she could do it without him and found out it wasn't as much fun. Who knows. I only know I trust her judgment. She has a knack for doing the right things at the right time.

CU4ever

This year carrie thanked brad for sitting this one out— to me this sounded like they were going to be back next year.

CU4ever

It’s going to be so weird without Carrie. This show has had her at the front for so long. Think of all the things we’ve seen come and go during the years she hosted. How her career has developed. It’ll be so weird next year without her. I’m pretty sure all of Nashville thought of this as “her show” so to speak every year and now she won’t be hosting it.

jptexas

I think everyone in the music business will assume she left because of the whole EOTY debacle. Nobody will know the real reason although she might say something later. Whatever the case, I support her decision.

oldyfan

I’m hoping this is a one year break...or perhaps a break for now. I’m also wondering if Brad will be back? The two are magic on stage. So bummed!

gwade82

CMA voters are Carrie and 7,400 of her peers and people affiliated with radio and music industry at large. Should the CMA Board have ignored the will of the voters and given it to Carrie? I don't blame CMA per se -- same voters are at ACM. I do blame her fellow artists who resent her talent and success, as well as bloc voters such as WME.

That said, I will really miss the best co-hosts in show business. They were so refreshing, funny and entertaining. On the plus side, I will only have to watch one performance. Guess I'll miss the gown changes, tho. Nobody will ever come close to Carrie in that department.

I believe the voters have been drowning in their own jealousy since 2005. regardless of who the culprits are it's just petty. They disgraced themselves by hurting Carrie to none of their benefit. We however have gotten to see Carrie every year and I enjoyed that immensely.

Patkid26

The only possible replacements coming to my mind are Thomas Rhett and Kelsea Ballerini. Which is sort of a cop-out guess considering they already host CMA fest but I honestly can’t think of any other duo that could live up to the act that Brad and Carrie brought.

Assuming they’ll stick with a male and female, Kelsea seems like the only option for the ladies. As much as I love Maren I just don’t think she’d bring the same charm and humor that Kelsea would bring. I’ve tried thinking of a male who would bring the same energy that Thomas Rhett would bring and I got nothing lol. They both seem like naturals that have the best potential of filling in the MASSIVE shoes of Brad and Carrie.

jaymiee

I've always kinda felt like Kelsea is Carrie's "replacement" and Maren is Miranda's. It's kinda like it's been set up this way. The only thing is Maren has a bigger voice, but I like Kelsea better

DaisyTweets

I think they really need to try and go host less for at least a year. There's NO WAY that KB & TR could even remotely fill the shoes of Carrie & Brad. And to be perfectly honest, if I were those two I wouldn't want to follow Carrie & Brad.

liz278

Everyone is assuming that Brad is also stepping down. Just because he wasn't on this year doesn't mean he isn't going to do it again. And if he does, I can see him teaming up with Kelsey. She was on his special.

I also don't know if he would want to do it with anyone but Carrie.

And by everyone, I mean the Twittersphere. Everyone I see is doing these polls on who should replace Brad and Carrie