Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Carrie Underwood Got Over Her Lyrical Shyness, With Help From a Label President

maddkat

Staff member
https://variety.com/2018/music/awards/carrie-underwood-cindy-mabe-reunite-1202947764/

[FONT=&quot]When Carrie Underwood left her longtime home at Sony Nashville last year to sign with [/FONT]Universal Music Group[FONT=&quot] Nashville’s Capitol imprint, it wasn’t due to faltering chart positions, as is typical for country artists who jump ship. Rather, with Underwood, who consistently charts No. 1’s at radio, the move had more to do with her desire to get the old band back together — in this case, reuniting with [/FONT]Cindy Mabe[FONT=&quot], president of [/FONT]Universal Music Group[FONT=&quot] Nashville, who worked with Underwood at Sony when her smash debut came out hot on the heels of an “American Idol” win.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“We sold a lot of records together, but I moved to Capitol right after that first project,” Mabe says. “And she was the hardest one for me to walk away from, because I knew there was more depth to get to. Fast-forward to where we are now, I never thought that Carrie would ever leave Sony, frankly; her catalog’s there and she’s had so much success. This has completely renewed my energy and creativity, and we’re ready to push each other to accomplish everything we can together.”

[/FONT]
cont.