Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you make edits?

Burst

Okay, so I like editing pictures and stuff, but I am REALLY bad at it. I'm semi-experienced with Photoshop (I can do basic things LOL) but I can't find a method to extract a person from their background. Like, just say I wanted to use 3 pics of Carrie from 3 completely different photoshoots, how would I combine those into one picture without each picture having a background around them? That's basically my main problem right now. What methods do you use?

Pitocco

I have both CS4 and CS5 LOL.

the easiest way to do it is to open all three pictures in photoshop and use the "Quick Selection Tool" to highlight the person/thing in the picture that you want, then copy and paste it to wherever you need it to go. Also use the lasso tool for percision when needed.

Burst

the easiest way to do it is to open all three pictures in photoshop and use the "Quick Selection Tool" to highlight the person/thing in the picture that you want, then copy and paste it to wherever you need it to go. Also use the lasso tool for percision when needed.

Thanks for the help. I've used that before, and when trying to place a person (especially when they have hair flying or whatever) into a COMPLETELY different background, it works sometimes, but lots of the time it turns out choppy and cuts parts out. I'll use that way for methods where there's not much hair or the colours are extremely different so that it's easy to remove the person from it. I just wish there was another way as well to make it not so choppy, more smooth.