Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To Get To Heaven When You Die

DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR LORD, BELIEVING THAT HE DIED AND ROSE AGAIN?

• YES

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • NO

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • I ALREADY ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST'S GIFT OF SALVATION BEFORE

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • OTHER

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Pi314CA

Please take the time to read this first post and vote in the poll.

The first post is missing a very key word: repentance.

The wording is soft and may mislead people to easy believism. Believe and accept does not equate to repentance. It is interesting to note that in Ukraine Christians do not say when they accepted the Lord Jesus, instead they say when they repented when talking about when they became a Christian.

The first post is missing a very key word: repentance.

The wording is soft and may mislead people to easy believism. Believe and accept does not equate to repentance. It is interesting to note that in Ukraine Christians do not say when they accepted the Lord Jesus, instead they say when they repented when talking about when they became a Christian.

Repentance is a Change of Mind toward God. To place your faith in Jesus Christ is to repent. I am not from the Ukraine. I am interested in what the Bible says.

carebear4eva

As a devout Hindu, I have no patience for religions that contradict themselves like Christianity. I know that the only way to achieve oneness with God is through meditation and devotion to dharma. That is all.

As a devout Hindu, I have no patience for religions that contradict themselves like Christianity. I know that the only way to achieve oneness with God is through meditation and devotion to dharma. That is all.

Could you give me some examples of how you believe that Christianity contradicts?

Where do you get your definition of repentance? Please quote passages.

Strong's Greek Dictionary:

Repent

3340. metanoew metanoeo, met-an-o-eh'-o
Search for 3340 in KJV

from 3326 and 3539; to think differently or afterwards, i.e. reconsider (morally, feel compunction):--repent.

clh_hilary

In Pastafarianism, there's no hell but heaven. And God does not care if you believe in It or not. So the only way to get to Heaven is to actually die.

Unfortunately for those who believe in Pastafarianism, the Bible says otherwise. There is a hell and God DOES care very deeply about what you believe. He cares so much that He sent His Son to DIE so that we won't have to go to hell. If there was no hell, there would be no reason for a Savior.

pklongbeach

Unfortunately for those who believe in Pastafarianism, the Bible says otherwise. There is a hell and God DOES care very deeply about what you believe. He cares so much that He sent His Son to DIE so that we won't have to go to hell. If there was no hell, there would be no reason for a Savior.
You can't argue a belief system with another belief system. What is true for you is not true for them. Its like arguing Coke vrs Pepsi. As for the bible contradicting itself it of course does. There are clear conridictions between the new and old testament (eye for an eye vrs turn the other cheek). But Jesus contradicted himself also in that same way: hold to the old rules vrs. I have come to abolish the old rules. He does it quite a bit. He insists that you honor your mother and father, but also says he came to set you against your own mother and father and brother against brother and sister against sister. You must be willing to give up all of them for him.
He also asked you to give up everything you have but one pair of sandles, in order to follow him. Have you??? And if you can find the scripture that says you don't have to, than that is another contradiction..........

clh_hilary

Fortunately for anyone who doesn't believe in Pastafarianism, the truth doesn't change whether you believe or not; and Pastafarianism happens to be The One True Religion.

The Bible was a test sent by The Flying Spaghetti Monster to test us. It's a book full of contradictions and obvious manipulations from humans with the rewriting and reordering of the chapters.

---

Regardless, if god sent his son to die so that we won't have to go to hell, either we're not going to hell because he did die; or he died for nothing.

carriethequeen

Not as lame as talking about god in a universe where god doesn't exist.

I'm just now seeing this thread lol I have a question, what do you think of all of Carrie's faith-based songs? JTTW, SITW? I'm just curious as to how you feel. Because as a believer, I absolutely love these songs and I love that she's not afraid to share her faith. It makes me so happy that Amazing Grace (from SITW) was heard by millions on country radio! So I'm just curious if you just don't listen to those songs, kinda like roll your eyes, or if you just listen to it for the medley and her voice and not for what the song is saying.