Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To Get To Heaven When You Die

DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR LORD, BELIEVING THAT HE DIED AND ROSE AGAIN?

• YES

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • NO

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • I ALREADY ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST'S GIFT OF SALVATION BEFORE

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • OTHER

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

clh_hilary

I'm just now seeing this thread lol I have a question, what do you think of all of Carrie's faith-based songs? JTTW, SITW? I'm just curious as to how you feel. Because as a believer, I absolutely love these songs and I love that she's not afraid to share her faith. It makes me so happy that Amazing Grace (from SITW) was heard by millions on country radio! So I'm just curious if you just don't listen to those songs, kinda like roll your eyes, or if you just listen to it for the medley and her voice and not for what the song is saying.

I listen and sing 'Last Name' without ever getting married or being drunk to that state, I don't see why anything would be different for any other song with any other subject matter.

Also, I don't get bothered by the fact that some people don't believe in The Flying Spaghetti Monster. I don't hate the christian god, I just don't think it exists.

As for your comment on 'Amazing Grace': Everybody knows the song so it's not like country radio listeners have just been exposed to it or something.

Nobody is afraid of sharing their christian faith in America. America is a deeply religious country, and is actually the only religious country with a high GDP and education level.

You can't argue a belief system with another belief system. What is true for you is not true for them. Its like arguing Coke vrs Pepsi. As for the bible contradicting itself it of course does. There are clear conridictions between the new and old testament (eye for an eye vrs turn the other cheek). But Jesus contradicted himself also in that same way: hold to the old rules vrs. I have come to abolish the old rules. He does it quite a bit. He insists that you honor your mother and father, but also says he came to set you against your own mother and father and brother against brother and sister against sister. You must be willing to give up all of them for him.
He also asked you to give up everything you have but one pair of sandles, in order to follow him. Have you??? And if you can find the scripture that says you don't have to, than that is another contradiction..........

What true for me is not true for them? REALLY? So, if I Jump off a 100 story building and hit the pavement, I will splat, but they won't? How does that work? That argument is ridiculous. It's not Coke vs. Pepsi because those are two products that truly exist and can both be true at the same time because they directly contradict each other. With Religions, they CAN'T both be true. Either one is true and the other is false or both are false. One says Christ is the only way to heaven, the other says He isn't. Therefore, they contradict. What you are referring to is Law vs. Grace when it comes to the Old Testament vs. The New Testament. While it is true that the rules were different under the Mosaic Law, God had a purpose at that time for it. It was given to the Jews, not the Christians, also, it was to demonstrate what men really deserve when they sin. Under Grace, we still deserve the Punishment of Law, but God gives us His grace and we are to give grace also. Willing to give them all up for Him, yes. God wants us to put Him first in our lives above all else. Yes, I have given up everything I believe to follow Him, I hold back not even a pair of sandals. There is no contradiction, just different dispensations. We are not under the Law.

Ga 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

pkslongbeach

To answer the question "how to get to heaven" I guess we are going to have to figure out what heaven is!! Is it somewhere in the great beyond with steets of gold and mansions built for those who believe? Or is it "heaven on earth" the way Jesus described it??
And if you don't believe in heaven in the first place, what purpose is there is being good? I think Jesus refered to heaven being on earth as we learn to love each other, and creating a HEaven that is a place you go to be rewarded does "not" create an atmosphere of love, it divides, and gives Christians an opportunity to feel elitist and separatist, and allows the Robertsons on Duck Dynasty to believe they are "saved" and others are sinners who are going to burn in an eternal pit of fire. That's not very nice! I would never teach a child that in a million years!

Heaven is a Spiritual place that God lives in. It is within the Spiritual realm. Heaven will come down to the earth at the end of the 1000 year reign of Christ, but heaven is not the earth.

ReedRichards

Heaven is a Spiritual place that God lives in. It is within the Spiritual realm. Heaven will come down to the earth at the end of the 1000 year reign of Christ, but heaven is not the earth.
Wait a minute . . . God lives somewhere? I thought God was everywhere. Furthermore, this statement seems to contradict itself. By saying that Heaven is a spiritual place within the spiritual realm "not the earth," you're implying that Heaven has a specific location, i.e., a physical location separate from "Earth."

Although it is my understanding that Heaven may be a spiritual place, it does not automatically follow that Heaven and earth are physically separate. It is believed that when a good person dies, that person's spirit lives on. Now it is my personal belief that this spirit does not necessarily leave Earth or the universe, for that matter. In my personal belief, it's quite possible that the spirit transcends into a higher plane - an other dimension or higher consciousness - to be with God. One's body remains earthbound, while the spirit is freed from Earthly or material bounds.

I guess what I'm saying is - Would it be too much to ask not to interpret for those of us here what Scripture means to you, but rather let the Scripture speak for itself? It seems to me that someone who is going to take the Word of God and tell me what it means is a false prophet, and since this thread appears to take the writings of Scripture out of context, I will do the same and point out that Jesus warned us that “false Christs and false prophets” will come and will attempt to deceive even God’s elect. Matthew 24:23-27.

pklongbeach

I see Heaven as returning to the energy force that makes every heart beat and every plant grow. IT makes every seedling have that spark of life and every cell split. It causes the lightning and the wind. As reed says: I think I will return to God as I see God to be......Nature......(but of course I believe that nature to extend to the furthest reaches of the Universe). I think Jesus understood this on a level that even he could only explain in the context of the culture he lived in.

Wait a minute . . . God lives somewhere? I thought God was everywhere. Furthermore, this statement seems to contradict itself. By saying that Heaven is a spiritual place within the spiritual realm "not the earth," you're implying that Heaven has a specific location, i.e., a physical location separate from "Earth."

Although it is my understanding that Heaven may be a spiritual place, it does not automatically follow that Heaven and earth are physically separate. It is believed that when a good person dies, that person's spirit lives on. Now it is my personal belief that this spirit does not necessarily leave Earth or the universe, for that matter. In my personal belief, it's quite possible that the spirit transcends into a higher plane - an other dimension or higher consciousness - to be with God. One's body remains earthbound, while the spirit is freed from Earthly or material bounds.

I guess what I'm saying is - Would it be too much to ask not to interpret for those of us here what Scripture means to you, but rather let the Scripture speak for itself? It seems to me that someone who is going to take the Word of God and tell me what it means is a false prophet, and since this thread appears to take the writings of Scripture out of context, I will do the same and point out that Jesus warned us that “false Christs and false prophets” will come and will attempt to deceive even God’s elect. Matthew 24:23-27.

God is a three part being, Father, Son and Spirit. God the Father and Son are currently in heaven. The Holy Spirit is everywhere. But God knows everything anyways. Yes, heaven has a specific location, although I cannot tell you exactly where that is, it is up and likely in the Spiritual realm. The spirit does live on, but it doesn't remain on the earth. It either goes to heaven or hell. Only those who place their faith in Jesus Christ get to go to heaven. Unfortunately, everyone else goes to hell. So, are you asking me to quote scripture for you to back up my arguments and then you can tell me how they are supposedly out of context? Sure.
Christians Do go to heaven:
Mr 16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
2Co 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
(KJV)
Php 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:
24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
People in heaven:
Re 19:1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
(KJV)
Jesus Christ is going to rule and reign on the earth. The believers will be with Him on the earth at that time. Right now believer's go to heaven to be with the Lord Jesus Christ because that is where He is.
Jesus Christ is God:
1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
(KJV)

Joh 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
John declares Him to be God:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
(KJV)
Jesus declares Himself God by calling Himself I am time and time again:

Joh 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
(KJV)

I am is God's name.
This prophecy of Jesus's first comming shows that He is God. Who has been from everlasting except God?
Mic 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting. {everlasting: Heb. the days of eternity}
Jesus Knows all things proving that He is God:
Joh 16:30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.
Joh 21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
(KJV)

HELL IS A REAL PLACE OF TORMENT:

There are some religions out there who teach that there is no such thing as Hell. Some teach that hell is the only the grave. Some teach that hell is a place where souls are burned up in an instant. But that is not what the bible teaches. Today, I am going to demonstrate though the word of God that hell is a literal place of torment.
Where is hell?

Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

2Pe 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
(KJV)

Hell is down. Most bible scholars believe that it is in the center of the earth.

Mt 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
(KJV)

Jesus's body remained on the earth, but His Spirit went to the heart of the earth, or center. Where is the heart of something located? In the center.
What is Hell?

1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Hell is a prison. It is a prison for those who have not accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior. Hell is no laughing matter. There is no party in hell.

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. {strange: Gr. other}
(KJV)

Lu 16:20 And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented. And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence. Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them. And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

First of all notice that this man was not happy. It says that he was tormented in this FLAME. Hell is fire. It is an eternal flame that never goes out.

Mr 9:3 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: {offend...: or, cause thee to offend} Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: {offend...: or, cause thee to offend} Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: {offend...: or, cause thee to offend} Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

It says where their worm dieth not and the FIRE is NOT quenched. Hell is eternal torment by fire.
Hell is outer darkness. There is no light there. It is pitch black, forever.

Mt 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Mt 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Lu 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.

Who goes to hell, and what is after hell?

Re 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
(KJV)

One day after everyone has been judged, hell and death will be cast into the lake of fire.

Re 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

The devil is going to be cast into the lake of fire. Notice that it is a place of torment and that torment never ends.

Re 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
(KJV)

Those who reject Jesus Christ and accept the mark of the beast are going to the lake of fire.

Re 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
(KJV)

Those who reject Jesus Christ won't be found written in the book of life. They also will be cast into the lake of fire.

There is only one way out. That way is Jesus Christ.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Who is God willing to save from hell and the lake of fire?

Ro 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

How do we do this?

Ro 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Ro 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

The bible says that whosoever believeth on Him shall NOT be ashamed. Are you willing to accept Jesus Christ today to be your Savior? Don't be ashamed. Raise your hand right now if you want Jesus Christ to save you and someone will show you from the bible, God's word how you can know without a doubt that you will go to heaven when you die and that you won't have to go to this place called hell.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

God is willing to save ANYONE no matter what you have done, if you will simply call upon upon Jesus Christ to save you. Will you do that today?

clh_hilary

And it's been 2000 years. I think Christ has been toppled and Heaven was invaded and destroyed by a supreme god.

pklongbeach

So maybe Jeffrey Daumer went to heaven after murdering, skinning, having sex with and boiling in pots on the stove, innocent young people.........

I hardly think so............. (but you think I am the one who will suffer in hell............) I hardly think so..............

clh_hilary

So maybe Jeffrey Daumer went to heaven after murdering, skinning, having sex with and boiling in pots on the stove, innocent young people.........

I hardly think so............. (but you think I am the one who will suffer in hell............) I hardly think so..............

That's christian justice for you. Remember what's No 1 in the Ten Commandments.

But why would you like to be in heaven forever being with the biggest killer and psychopath of all-time and being allowed to do nothing pleasurable anyway?

Also, if christians never spread their gospel, people wouldn't have the opportunity to choose not to believe and wouldn't have to risk not going to heaven.

carebearcarrie

You can't argue a belief system with another belief system. What is true for you is not true for them. Its like arguing Coke vrs Pepsi. As for the bible contradicting itself it of course does. There are clear conridictions between the new and old testament (eye for an eye vrs turn the other cheek). But Jesus contradicted himself also in that same way: hold to the old rules vrs. I have come to abolish the old rules. He does it quite a bit. He insists that you honor your mother and father, but also says he came to set you against your own mother and father and brother against brother and sister against sister. You must be willing to give up all of them for him.
He also asked you to give up everything you have but one pair of sandles, in order to follow him. Have you??? And if you can find the scripture that says you don't have to, than that is another contradiction..........

There is no contradictions in the Bible. If you read and studied it you would know. The old testament was God building a kingdom. He promised Abraham he would bless all nations through Him. God made very distinct rules to follow him before Christ came, when Christ came it changed everything. If you fully STUDY the bible and break down WHO it was written to, who wrote it, etc, you would understand why Jesus said those things. Why God made rules. You also can't just pick scripture and say it has a certain meaning. That's not the way you do things. You have to know why it was written and who it was written to, to understand what that passage is saying. Through Observation, interpretation and application.

Anyway. Haha that's all. This thread seems silly.

You're answer was great until you said that this thread seemed silly. The reason for this thread is to give the Gospel and to encourage discussion on How to get to heaven when you die.

pklongbeach

If you believe that the old testament existed as a set of rules that were then changed when Jesus came, than most all of the persecution that Christians do today by condemning people to an eternity in Hell would be false cause almost all "excuses" for sending people to hell come from the old testament. Jesus was not about sending people to hell. He was about loving thy neighbor as much as you love yourself. And loving your enemy as much as you love yourself. And to this day Christians still can't seem to do that!

Pi314CA

The Scriptures say that Christ came to fulfill the Law, so the Mosaic Law and what Jesus taught (e.g. Sermon on the Mount) are not contradictory. These are complimentary and binding. Christ fulfilled the Law for those who believe Him and He is the propitiation for our sins. There is much that can be said but one can go to a reputable source for that (e.g. grace to you website).

I agree that this thread is silly because you can't leave just say the gospel and expect results. As it says in Romans, faith comes from hearing the Word. Trying to evangelize on the web is silly.

carebearcarrie

The Scriptures say that Christ came to fulfill the Law, so the Mosaic Law and what Jesus taught (e.g. Sermon on the Mount) are not contradictory. These are complimentary and binding. Christ fulfilled the Law for those who believe Him and He is the propitiation for our sins. There is much that can be said but one can go to a reputable source for that (e.g. grace to you website).

I agree that this thread is silly because you can't leave just say the gospel and expect results. As it says in Romans, faith comes from hearing the Word. Trying to evangelize on the web is silly.

Amen.