Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How To Get To Heaven When You Die

DO YOU ACCEPT JESUS CHRIST AS YOUR LORD, BELIEVING THAT HE DIED AND ROSE AGAIN?

• YES

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • NO

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • I ALREADY ACCEPTED JESUS CHRIST'S GIFT OF SALVATION BEFORE

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • OTHER

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS. IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING YOU COULD EVER DO AND IT ONLY TAKES A FEW MINUTES.

ARE YOU 100% SURE THAT IF YOU DIED TODAY THAT YOU WOULD GO TO HEAVEN?

There are some things that you should know:

1. Realize that you are a sinner and in need of a Savior:

Ro 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"

Ro 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"

It all began with the story of Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. God created them perfect, there was no death or sorrow. God told them not to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They disobeyed God and as a result, sin entered into the world. The pain, which this world sees, is the result of sin.

2. Because of our sins, we die both spiritually and physically, but God sent His Son to die so that you can have a chance not to have to go to hell by accepting what He did on the cross:

Ro 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Ro 5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Every person who has ever lived is a sinner and is not righteous because we do bad things. A sin is a crime against God, just as if you steal something at the store, it is punishable by going to jail. It's the same thing with sin. Lying, stealing, sex before marriage, pride, hatred, ect. are all sins. Hell is a prison for those who commit crimes against God. That’s because you must be perfect in order to get to heaven. No matter how well you live your life from then on, you have already sinned, which will be punished if you are not pardoned. If you commit a crime, and then live as a good citizen you still will go to jail for the crime you committed. Right? Just as the President can pardon a crime so you won't go to jail, Jesus can pardon your sins so that you do not go to hell, and can go to heaven when you die. You won’t have to pay for your own sins because Jesus already did that for you. But if you reject the pardon that He offers, you will have to pay for your own sins by going to hell.

3. If you will confess Jesus Christ as Your Lord, place your Faith in Him and Believe in your heart that He died, shed His blood and rose again as a sacrifice for your sins, you will be saved (from hell).

Eph 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Ro 10:9,10 "that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.."

You cannot get to heaven by being a good person, going to church, baptism or any other way other than by turning to Jesus, believing in your heart that He died on the cross and rose from the dead for your sins and placing your Faith in Him. While these are good things to do, some people believe that they will get to heaven, but your Faith must be in Christ and His sacrifice alone and nothing else, giving your life to Him.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"

4. You must submit your life to Jesus Christ and His will in Faith, believing in your heart that He died and rose again shedding His blood to pay for your sins as a sacrifice to God. If you want to accept Jesus free gift of salvation, or if you have any doubts about whether or not you are going to heaven, YOU COULD HUMBLY PRAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO GOD FROM YOUR HEART IN FAITH:

”Dear Lord Jesus I know that I am a sinner and need you to save me. I believe that You are the Lord and believe in my heart that You died on the Cross and Rose from the dead, shedding your blood as a Sacrifice for my sins. I turn to You as the only way of Salvation, I submit my life to you, I submit my will to yours, I place my Faith and Trust in You alone as Lord of my life, Please save me and I thank You for it, in Jesus holy name, Amen.”

If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ and meant it with all of your heart, you are now a child of God and will go to heaven. Now that you are on your way to heaven, you should attend a bible believing church and follow in baptism.

Last edited:

carebearcarrie

As much as this is great to have people dedicate their lives to God and go to heaven. I don't believe that it should be about whether or not you go to heaven. It should firstly and only be because you want a relationship with Jesus Christ. And the reward is later heaven. If your faith is based on being scared of what your fate is, heaven or hell, then the basis of your faith is wrong. Jesus Christ and a personal loving relationship with him is needed.

I think that you are missing the point. By going to heaven, you will be spending eternity with God. The only way to get there in the first place is to place your faith in Jesus Christ, believing that He died on the cross and rose from the dead, which is to have a relationship with Him.

clh_hilary

Is it that as long as I don't accept Zombie Jesus as god I will not need to be sent to heaven? Just want to make sure cuz I'd like anything but to spend eternity with YHWH.

pklongbeach

Imagine theres no heaven!

That statement means that without a Heaven, and of course Hell, people will stop using God as an excuse to hurt and destroy eachother.

Mans cruelty is horrendous enough. But the lie that he does it "for God" or "to get to heaven" is just that much sicker.

Finally; WE ARE NOT BORN SINNERS! There is no such thing as Sin. There is only our behavior. If you believe in the word sin, and a God that made you that way, that is fine. But I do not. I think we are all capable of being beautiful people. And that the concept of sin being introduced early in life confuses children into believing they are good or bad by nature.
That's simply not true......

lizcarlo

That statement means that without a Heaven, and of course Hell, people will stop using God as an excuse to hurt and destroy eachother.

Mans cruelty is horrendous enough. But the lie that he does it "for God" or "to get to heaven" is just that much sicker.

Finally; WE ARE NOT BORN SINNERS! There is no such thing as Sin. There is only our behavior. If you believe in the word sin, and a God that made you that way, that is fine. But I do not. I think we are all capable of being beautiful people. And that the concept of sin being introduced early in life confuses children into believing they are good or bad by nature.

I think people Some people would use conveniant excuse for being cruel. They would pick another excuse. I hate when peoole use God as a reason to be hateful.

clh_hilary

I think people Some people would use conveniant excuse for being cruel. They would pick another excuse. I hate when peoole use God as a reason to be hateful.

God is very, very cruel though. Have you ever read The Bible? And that is only one god, out of the 3000 or so of them.

pklongbeach

God gave those people thousands of years to repent and they refused to change their hearts and live a godly life. Just like many of today.
Which God?

The problem is, the guy standing next to you has a different God. And the guy next to him says there is no God at all.
Which one of you is right and why?

Carrie&Taylor

Which God?

The problem is, the guy standing next to you has a different God. And the guy next to him says there is no God at all.
Which one of you is right and why?

God of the Bible. All other religions contradict each other. Including those that preach the Jesus of the Bible.

2 Corinthians 11:4 You happily put up with whatever anyone tells you, even if they preach a different Jesus than the one we preach, or a different kind of Spirit than the one you received, or a different kind of gospel than the one you believed.

If you choose to believe that, it's your choice, but according to the Bible there is a heaven, hell and we are all born sinners because our father, Adam sinned. People ARE bad by nature. Did you notice the moral decline in America after God was removed from school? People were happier when America was more Christian. That's why all of the windows and doors are locked now when you look out into a parking lot, unlike 30 years ago, when all of the windows and doors were unlocked in a store parking lot, because they didn't have to fear like they do today.

pklongbeach

First of all, statistically speaking, our country is safer and more at peace today than ever before. Fear is something the media feeds you cause they know it will get you to watch their news channel. 2nd- you are speaking of your God and a God as if it is "the one God" and you speak if the bible as if it is the truth for all people of the world. But the reality is there are different beliefs of different cultures. America was founded on the principles of "freedom from religious condemnation. And choice in religious freedom". Therefore, America has gotten off course in allowing some people to believe that we are a religious country. We are not supposed to be. We are supposed to be free to practice any religion under any God. As for the Bible. The bible is a book that has many many things in it that we can learn from. But there was no bible in Jesus time, and he never asked anyone to follow a book to get the answers to life. He said to seek a relationship with him. Not worship a book. Besides most of what the first half of the bible says is contradicted by the second half, which is the Jesus half. So what part are we to believe in? Finally, if the bible was written by men who were inspired by God. How why and when did God change from the vengeful God of the jewish old testament to the loving God of Jesus. And which one is the real one? And what about Mormons who have their own book entirely and yet are allowed to be considered Christian? And what of Catholics and prodestents? Which are you? Both are vastly different in fundamental belief and have been killing eachother in the name of God for centuries yet both are Christians.

ReedRichards

All good questions. Please note, however, that this is how wars start - with a simple question. We must all learn that all people are different. Indeed, a belief of what is "sinful" can differ from one Christian to another, even within the same sect. Populations of people have died because one religion believes that it is the true religion and all others should be subjugated and forced to convert. So let's not fall into that trap. Let's agree where we can and agree to disagree where we can't.

Carrie&Taylor

Christians get there source of authority from the Bible. Not from man's interpretation of the Bible. Jesus never came to planet earth to start a religion, but to have a relationship with men. Religion says you have to be good in order for God to love you. Religion is of man, not God.

Plate Techtonics in the bible:

Pr 9:1 ¶ Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars:

1Sa 2:8 He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them.

Ps 75:3 The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it. Selah.

Continental drift?

Job 9:6 Which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars thereof tremble.

Plate Techtonics:

The theory states that Earth's outermost layer, the lithosphere, is broken into 7 large, rigid pieces called plates: the African, North American, South American, Eurasian, Australian, Antarctic, and Pacific plates. Several minor plates also exist, including the Arabian, Nazca, and Philippines plates.

The plates are all moving in different directions and at different speeds (from 2 cm to 10 cm per year--about the speed at which your fingernails grow) in relationship to each other. The plates are moving around like cars in a demolition derby, which means they sometimes crash together, pull apart, or sideswipe each other. The place where the two plates meet is called a plate boundary. Boundaries have different names depending on how the two plates are moving in relationship to each other

crashing: Convergent Boundaries,
pulling apart: Divergent Boundaries,
or sideswiping: Transform Boundaries
With respect to plate boundaries is your home located in the middle of, or near the boundary of a plate? What does this mean for you tectonically?

Pi314CA

Christians get there source of authority from the Bible. Not from man's interpretation of the Bible. Jesus never came to planet earth to start a religion, but to have a relationship with men. Religion says you have to be good in order for God to love you. Religion is of man, not God.

There is a huge difference between religion and theology. Indeed, religion is of man.

As for the comments on "which God" or "one of thousands of gods", according to the Bible, there is one God, three Persons (Trinity). Once one introduces that there are many gods, then the discussion has SHIFTED AWAY from the God of the Bible.

The God is of the Bible is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Some think the God of the Old Testament is mean and cruel, and that God of the New Testament is different. This 'cruelity' in the Old Testament is God's judgment on these extremely sinful people despite given lots of time to change and also having the Israelites in their midst as examples. Some, a few, like Ruth in the Old Testament, chose Yahweh instead of going back to her people.