Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hypothetical: Super Bowl halftime show

countrymusicfan15

If Carrie were to do the Super Bowl halftime show, what would be your ideal setlist (10-12 mins).

Also, not going to hold my breath, but 2021 seems so perfect!!! Carrie can release the new album in January next year and then get a huge sales bump following the Super Bowl..plus there would be lots of hype leading up the album release due to the Super Bowl talk. It just seems like it would all line up too perfectly!

Edit: 2021 Super Bowl will be on CBS

Last edited:

tgbrinker

Wow - I was JUST wasting time at work daydreaming about this and this thread just got posted : )

Actually, the 2022 Superbowl is on NBC - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_LVI

Here's what I thought. On average, the last few halftimes have ran 13 - 14 minutes, so I'll go 13 and 1/2 mins

0:00 - Blown Away (1 min, 30 seconds)
1:30 - JTTW/How Great Thou Art Mash Up (2 mins)
3:30 - New Song premiere (1 min)
4:30 - Remind Me/The Fighter Mash Up w/ Brad & Keith swapping male vocals/guitars (2 mins)
6:30 - Alone w/ HEART, Brad & Keith on guitar (2 mins) *Brad, Keith, HEART exit after*
8:30 - The Champion w/ a girls choir (no Luda?) (1 min, 30 seconds)
10:00 - All American Girl/Good Girl Mash Up w/ girls choir (1 min, 30 seconds) *girls choir exit after*
11:30 - Before He Cheats (2 mins)
13:30 - END

Tried to stick to the biggest hits (minus Cowboy Casanova), while keeping a variation of genres and bringing in surprises

adam1995

If Carrie were to do the Super Bowl halftime show, what would be your ideal setlist (10-12 mins).

Also, not going to hold my breath, but 2021 seems so perfect!!! Carrie can release the new album in January next year and then get a huge sales bump following the Super Bowl..plus there would be lots of hype leading up the album release due to the Super Bowl talk. Plus it’s on NBC next year. It just seems like it would all line up too perfectly!

https://sports.yahoo.com/where-super-bowl-2021-location-124400308.html

NBC has the Super Bowl in 2022, to coincide with the winter olympics.

jaymiee

I would die for her to do the halftime show! All I know is I hope she would bring out some classic rock. Steven Tyler, GnA, or something. Mixing country with rock would be ideal for the halftime show and she would kill it!

adam1995

I'd obviously love Carrie to do this show, and when it's back on NBC would be perfect, as long as she's still doing SNF, but I wonder if she would be one of these artists that gets picked after she's been around for a long time. I mean Jennifer Lopez just did the show at 50, could we have to wait this long? Maybe...

heymc

Sunday Night Football feat Joan Jett
All American girl
Before he cheats
Jesus takes the wheel
Something in the water
The champion

carriebest

Good Girl
All American Girl

Paradise City or The Champion with Ludacris

The Fighter with Keith

JTTW then Remind Me with Brad

I Will Always Love You with Dolly

Miranda then came out for Somethin Bad

Blown Away
Before He Cheats

Something In the Water with the choir

jptexas

There hasn’t been a country show since 1994. I don’t see one in the near future. Unless, Carrie is one of many(10)representing country music(showcase), I don’t see it happening by the recent selections. Funny, cause there are more country formats/stations 2179 in the US than other genres. Hmmm

liz278

^^^If you saw any of the polls that were floating around, they only had men. Hmmm

And I am not sure that I could handle all the negative comments that put can't seem to help make.

Zman312

^^^If you saw any of the polls that were floating around, they only had men. Hmmm

And I am not sure that I could handle all the negative comments that put can't seem to help make.

I’ve seen Carrie with the other men. Let’s be honest, with the current crop, Carrie is the only one that can carry the halftime show. (I fear they will ask Blake bc of the Gwen connection).

DaisyTweets

Just doing some 'dreaming' and 2022 will be Carrie's year!!! NBC will be broadcasting the game that year. Interestingly enough they switched years with CBS so they could broadcast both the Super Bowl and the Olympics.

Zach1998

Didn't know this thread even existed. Think I'll give it a go.

Open

-The Champion w Luda
-Cowboy Casanova/Good Girl mashup

-Blown Away
-Church Bells

-The fighter/ Remind Me w Brad and Keith on guitar on both
-Jesus take the wheel into Something in the water

-Somethin' Bad w Miranda (this is the perfect placement for this because it'll lead into the next song's theme perfectly)
-Before He Cheats

END