Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I heard Carrie in Guyana

clh_hilary

I heard Carrie's rendition of "Hark! The Harold Angels Sing" on the radio while travelling in Guyana!

Guyana is a small South American nation on the northeastern coast that used to be a Dutch then a British colony. It borders Venezuela, Suriname, and Brazil. Its population mostly consists of East Indians, black people, and Amerindians. It likewise has a sizeable Cantonese minority, among who Arthur Chung, family from British Hong Kong, was the first president of the English-speaking country.

The radio station was playing Christmas tunes, before that was Destiny Child's "8 Days of Christmas".

Farawayhills

Good to hear that Carrie is getting some airtime in Guyana!

As an aside, Guyana (then called British Guiana) was the birthplace of Gina Miller (née Gina Singh), now a UK business woman, whom I much admire, for the role she played in two recent Supreme Court cases, defending the constitution against unlawful executive actions. As a high profile litigant, she became the target of vilification (some of it racist and sexist), and threats to herself and her family, from some hard line elements among the supporters of government policy - but did not let this deter her.