Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"I Know You Won't" Sales?

carriefan14

I know its hard to find sales numbers for non-singles, but IKYW has been performed on every tour since 2008. Does anyone know if it has been certified Platinum yet?

jaylee50

Great song. So many songs on Carrie's CD's should have been released as singles and weren't. Other artists release many more songs from one album, but it seems Carrie's management team doesn't. Does anyone know why? IKYW would have gone platinum IMO.

tgbrinker

IKYW probably isn't even past 150,000.

I'm more curious about Inside Your Heaven, DFTRM, and Mama's Song and if they're EVER going Platinum. Throw in Little Toy Guns too, but it's so recent that I have more hope. :)

pklongbeach

I have expressed much frustration with the label choices for singles in the past, but IKYW is probably the one single biggest "missed opportunity" of all her catalog.

Had it been reedited for pop radio and gotten a promo campaign, it could have had an entire life of its own.

Carrie has passed on many opportunites for cross-over success (and I understand her to a point). But I think IKYW is the most obvious example of a missed opportunity for mass-market success...

CarrieAddicted

IKYW probably isn't even past 150,000.

I'm more curious about Inside Your Heaven, DFTRM, and Mama's Song and if they're EVER going Platinum. Throw in Little Toy Guns too, but it's so recent that I have more hope. :)

"Inside Your Heaven" had sold over 900k combined physical and digital copies as of 2010, the last time I saw.
It might have crossed the 1 million mark by now.
But, it cannot be certified Platinum due to splited sales - it sold around 500k in physical and 500k in digital. So, it is certified Gold by the RIAA based on its digital sales.

Unlike albums, the RIAA doesn't combine physical and digital sales of a single for certification.
So, unless there's s big boom in sales for IYH (like Carrie performing it on American Idol this final season), it might never be certified Platinum.

The last info on "Mama's Song" dates back to January, 2011. It had sold over 442k copies back then. So, it defenitely crossed the 500k, perhaps even 600k... It's Gold-certified. But I don't see its streaming numbers helping it be certified Platinum.

LTG might be certified Platinum still this year.

lolita55

I have never understood why IKYW and flat on the floor were not singles. I have always felt like she could have released 1 or 2 more singles from each of her albums.

txacar

The Nanook

I'm still surprised Carrie and Rascal Flatts have never recorded a song together, especially given their history. Plus both are/were major go-to country artists for mainstream events.

brenda218

Think IKYW would make a good duet, that has always been a favorite of mine, can't imagine RF singing it, that song is a very Carrie song.

IKYW is probably one of the biggest missed opportunities of her career - There have been many passed up single choices which i will never understand