Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Wonder If Fox Ever Considered Doing An American Idol:All Stars Show

carrieismy1idol

I Wonder If Fox Ever Considered Doing An American Idol:All Stars Show Like Dancing With The Stars:All Stars Bring Back Fan Favorite Contestants And Let People Vote It Might Be Able To Help The Ratings.

Last edited:

maddkat

Staff member
lol, the whole thought of an all star Idol is hilarious.
Anyone who's had success after the show wouldn't do it and who really cares about the rest.

supercarriefan

They supposedly tried to do All Star Idol a few years ago, but they couldn't get enough contestants to do it. I don't think that anyone that has already appeared on Idol would want to come back to compete again. They all have done that already and have their own careers.
I don't think they approached winners to compete because obviously that would be a bit much given that they've already won lol. I read somewhere that Kellie Pickler was asked back for the All Star version, so I think they were aiming more for contestants that were popular with viewers or those that viewers may have felt were wronged by the voting process.
I have a feeling in reality the only former Idols that would do it would be people no one would remember lol.

pklongbeach

At first I thought you meant like a class reunion. Which could be fun to watch and see.

But a competition??

My feeling is that Carrie "almost hated" the whole thing. It was scary, demoralizing and ultimately says nothing about ones true talent.
I don't think she would ever go back to the Idol stage to be judged as long as she lives!
She probably still has nightmares about it.

She won and would not go back in hopes of lightning striking twice. It probably "wouldn't" by the way.

JB172

Maybe they could bring in alums of other singing shows who didn't go very far on that show, oh wait that is what The Voice does.

opry051008

Maybe they could bring in alums of other singing shows who didn't go very far on that show, oh wait that is what The Voice does.

lol! That's too funny!!!!

I would love an American Idol Reunion show where they bring back winners and losers from all the seasons just to sing together, not to compete.

jaylee50

lol! That's too funny!!!!

I would love and American Idol Reunion show where they bring back winners and losers from all the seasons just to sing together, not to compete.

I have been thinking about this for several years. That would be an incredibly awesome show. I don't like the idea of the winners (or losers) competition. I think it's better to have each winner remain just that.

sur_crazy4carrie

A concert or something maybe but not a competition. If they do the competition and public voting, they won't get any of the big players including Kelly, Carrie, J-Hud, Fantasia, Daughtry, Jordin and most of the other winners except maybe Taylor Hicks. I just hope TPTB realizes that the show has run its course and pulls the plug on it after next season. 13 (at least I think it's 13) is a good number to stop at.

The Nanook

They did that Global Idol thing a long time ago with Idol winners around the world that Kelly participated in. I think she came in second.