Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idol sales - 10/13/11

Pi314CA

From USA Today:

Kelly Clarkson, Mr. Know It All (48,000 week, +9%, 275,000 total)
Daughtry, Crawling Back to You (47,000, debut, 47,000)
Brad Paisley/Carrie Underwood, Remind Me (28,000, -13%, 1.043 million)
Scotty McCreery, I Love You This Big (18,000, +106%, 630,000)
Jennifer Lopez, Papi (16,000, +32%, 102,000)
Scotty McCreery, The Trouble With Girls (12,000, +143%, 85,000)
Jason Aldean/Kelly Clarkson, Don't You Wanna Stay (11,000, -7%, 1.715 million)
Jennifer Lopez, On the Floor (10,000, -10%, 139,000)
Tyga feat. Chris Richardson, Far Away (10,000, 0 change, 170,000)
Scotty McCreery, Out of Summertime (8,000, debut, 8,000)
Lauren Alaina, Like My Mother Does (6,000, +32%, 290,000)
Kellie Pickler, Tough (6,000, +51%, 66,000)
Scotty McCreery, Water Town Town (5,000, debut, 5,000)
Carrie Underwood, Undo It (5,000, -5%, 1.199 million)
Scotty McCreery, You Make That Look Good (4,000, debut, 4,000)
Scotty McCreery, Clear as Day (4,000, debut, 4,000)
Carrie Underwood, Before He Cheats (4,000, +13%, 3.311 million)

Link: Daughtry downloads nearly edge past Kelly Clarkson

utlovescarrie

Thanks! RM is holding it's own. Can't wait to see what happens when it is performed live in a few weeks.

I just bought Daughtry's new single (literally as I was reading your post). I had checked a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't available yet so I am glad I came to read your post! So excited for his new CD.

Does anyone think that the influx of new AI artist CD's in Oct/Nov made it easier for Sony to give Carrie more time? When you look at all the new CD's coming out before Christmas it is jam packed and a lot of those are AI artists. Giving her more time should give her an uninterrupted few weeks at the top of the charts. IF the marketing is there because there is also a big drop in CD sales after the holidays.

Pi314CA

I'm amazed that BHC continues to sell at a 150k-200k per year rate while in its sixth year. By year's end, BHC should pass "No Air" as the best selling single by an Idol.

nice to see the digital numbers can't wait for the albums numbers and yeah it's true that sales go down after the holidays but some big non Idol Artists have albums coming in winter/spring 2012 Celine Dion & Mariah Carey Among them and some big posthumous releases as well a new as yet untitled album of Selena music

DaisyTweets

Thanks! RM is holding it's own. Can't wait to see what happens when it is performed live in a few weeks.

I just bought Daughtry's new single (literally as I was reading your post). I had checked a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't available yet so I am glad I came to read your post! So excited for his new CD.

Does anyone think that the influx of new AI artist CD's in Oct/Nov made it easier for Sony to give Carrie more time? When you look at all the new CD's coming out before Christmas it is jam packed and a lot of those are AI artists. Giving her more time should give her an uninterrupted few weeks at the top of the charts. IF the marketing is there because there is also a big drop in CD sales after the holidays.

I don't think Carrie taking more time with this album has ANYTHING to do with any of the other AI artists. It was and has been Carrie's choice to take things at a slower pace this year. She did it for herself and I don't think there are any other reasons or factors.

I can't wait to see RM's sales after it's preformed live, they're gonna pick up again and it's going to have huge sales! And BHC always does so well and UI is getting pretty high sales too

clh_hilary

nice to see the digital numbers can't wait for the albums numbers and yeah it's true that sales go down after the holidays but some big non Idol Artists have albums coming in winter/spring 2012 Celine Dion & Mariah Carey Among them and some big posthumous releases as well a new as yet untitled album of Selena music

All 4 of them (I'm assuming you're referring to Michael Jackson for the third) are unlucky to do major damages, and will definitely not affect anything about sales.

I don't think Carrie taking more time with this album has ANYTHING to do with any of the other AI artists. It was and has been Carrie's choice to take things at a slower pace this year. She did it for herself and I don't think there are any other reasons or factors.

Yes definitely. Other Idols combined couldn't compete with her thunder. I believe with just a few months "Play On" sold enough to become the #1-selling Idol album in that year?

maria4hitz

18 38 42 44 paisley*brad duet with carrie remind me 27,984 -13 32,171 1,043,490

153 UNDERWOOD*CARRIE PLAY ON 1,299 1 1,281 2,039,885

Last edited:

paulsjoliebebe2

not true some albums released posthumously end up being huge successes Janis Joplin Pearl Tupac's Greatest hits which went diamond recently Selena's Dreaming Of You which is 35x latin platinum for 3.5 million shipped since it's July 18th 1995 release though it's sold loads also in places not tracked by soundscan like 745k in columbia house alone Joplins the Pearl was certified 4x platinum July 20th 2000 about 29.5 years after it's March 1st 1971 release about 5 months after her October 4th 1970 death

clh_hilary

not true some albums released posthumously end up being huge successes Janis Joplin Pearl Tupac's Greatest hits which went diamond recently Selena's Dreaming Of You which is 35x latin platinum for 3.5 million shipped since it's July 18th 1995 release though it's sold loads also in places not tracked by soundscan like 745k in columbia house alone Joplins the Pearl was certified 4x platinum July 20th 2000 about 29.5 years after it's March 1st 1971 release about 5 months after her October 4th 1970 death

...And this one won't be one of them. I'm basing it on the content, and the sales of his posthumous releases: "This Is It" and "Michael". It's obvious that he won't sell like any of them.