Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idol sales - 11/9/11

Pi314CA

Bummer, only RM made the list this week. Some tracks had dramatic percentage changes from previous week sales.

Track sales:
Kelly Clarkson, Mr. Know It All (75,000 weekly, -28%, 571,000 total)
Brad Paisley/Carrie Underwood, Remind Me (18,000, +2%, 1.127 million)
Scotty McCreery, The Trouble With Girls (17,000, +22%, 137,000)
Jason Aldean/Kelly Clarkson, Don't You Wanna Stay (10,000, -36%, 1.76 million)
Kelly Clarkson, What Doesn't Kill You (Stronger) (10,000, -75%, 50,000)
Daughtry, Crawling Back to You (9,000, +50%, 89,000)
Jennifer Lopez, Papi (8,000, -13%, 144,000)
Scotty McCreery, I Love You This Big (7,000, -6%, 668,000)
Lauren Alaina, Like My Mother Does (5,000, -24%, 325,000)
Kellie Pickler, Tough (3,000, -25%, 85,000)
Mandisa, Stronger (2,000, -5%, 124,000)

Link: 'Idol' track sales: Kelly Clarkson, Scotty McCreery, more

teesharky

I think the fact that RM is getting an adds date to Hot Ac is a good sign that sales might stay steady for awhile. We need to request the crap out of this song on HOt AC.

We have nothing better to do anyway. lol

clh_hilary

^ Yes that's for sure. I'm just wondering how far is that. On Carrie's list, "Remind Me" should be placing just behind "Before He Cheats", "Jesus Take The Wheel" and "Cowboy Casanova". It should have edged pass trillion other Carrie Platinum singles already.

teesharky

If RM gets reasonable HOT AC or AC airplay, then it could start to sell better again.

Brad is listed as attending or performing the AMAS on their commercial, but they didn't say if he was performing or presenting. If performing-- I wonder if he is doing Camoflauge? lol Not sure how that would go over to that hiphop crowd. He could be doing RM to promote it on Hot AC, which could mean Carrie is going.

But I doubt it as one would think Carrie would have been announced by now.

Eder Rodrigues

This week, "If I Die Young" surpassed "Before He Cheats" total sales, becoming the 4th best-selling country digital single. Here the numbers:
IIDY: 3,326,592 (11/9/11)
BHC: 3,320,000 (11/2/11)

Peak of "Remind Me" after the CMAs:
27. Remind Me (Duet with Carrie Underwood) - Brad Paisley
Thursday November 10, 2011 15:04

Pi314CA

This week, "If I Die Young" surpassed "Before He Cheats" total sales, becoming the 4th best-selling country digital single. Here the numbers:
IIDY: 3,326,592 (11/9/11)
BHC: 3,320,000 (11/2/11)

Peak of "Remind Me" after the CMAs:
27. Remind Me (Duet with Carrie Underwood) - Brad Paisley
Thursday November 10, 2011 15:04

The IIDY sales number should have an asterisk in that it was remixed and sent to Hot AC. Also having it sell for 69 cents for like forever helps...

Eder Rodrigues

The IIDY sales number should have an asterisk in that it was remixed and sent to Hot AC. Also having it sell for 69 cents for like forever helps...

BHC was also played on Hot AC. These number are from Hot Digital Tracks and includes only the album version. I don't think that the pop mix was sold on itunes.... :confused:

12russ79

BHC was also played on Hot AC. These number are from Hot Digital Tracks and includes only the album version. I don't think that the pop mix was sold on itunes.... :confused:

The Pop remix gave the song a bump on the format which included more Downloades resulting from the remix.... BHC used the original Country version during the whole run of BHC because Carrie wouldn't compromise her values to get more downloads... No one is saying that IIDY isn't a great song all were saying is that the remix defiantly helped the song achieve a greater number of downloads....

Eder Rodrigues

The Pop remix gave the song a bump on the format which included more Downloades resulting from the remix.... BHC used the original Country version during the whole run of BHC because Carrie wouldn't compromise her values to get more downloads... No one is saying that IIDY isn't a great song all were saying is that the remix defiantly helped the song achieve a greater number of downloads....

You're right. In fact, the country songs that sold more than BHC all have pop mixes (Need You Now, Love Story and You Belong With Me).

judes

It's sad to think the singers that are rewarded with country music trophy's are those that went outside of country to achieve their success - Lady Antebellum, Taylor, the Band Perry - all won awards at the CMA's - well, if country doesn't care anymore and it's only numbers that count - I hope Remind Me does amazing on AC