Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idol sales - 9/14/11

Pi314CA

Excerpts from USA Today on Idol sales:

Idol albums
Scotty McCreery, American Idol Season 10: Scotty McCreery EP (8,000, -41%, 178,000) (#51 Billboard 200)
Lauren Alaina, American Idol Season 10: Lauren Alaina EP (3,000, -13%, 74,000) (#148 BB200)
Carrie Underwood, Play On (2,000, +36%, 2.035 million)
Carrie Underwood, Some Hearts (1,000, +2%, 7.127 million)

Idol-related albums
Brad Paisley, This Is Country Music (12,000, +10%, 471,000) (#31 BB200)

Idol tracks
Kelly Clarkson, Mr. Know It All (107,000 weekly, debut, 107,000 total)
Brad Paisley/Carrie Underwood, Remind Me (51,000, -9%, 906,000)
Scotty McCreery, The Trouble With Girls (27,000, +12%, 51,000)
Jason Aldean/Kelly Clarkson, Don't You Wanna Stay (18,000, -3%, 1.664 million)
Scotty McCreery, I Love You This Big (17,000, -10%, 582,000)
Lauren Alaina, Like My Mother Does (6,000, -5%, 271,000)
Carrie Underwood, Before He Cheats (4,000, +2%, 3.298 million)

Last edited:

Gator

It's great to see increases of PO and SH. Too bad CR isn't on the list; however, it's been a long time since I've seen CR on the shelves. I recently was looking for CR for a gift, and never found a copy at Target or Walmart. Will be checking Best Buy next.

Gator

^^ I love CR too. Interestingly, my 8 year old granddaughter wants it -- for JAD and SS. She saw the videos and literally got the meaning of them! She teared up and all. She likes AAG, but likes JAD and SS better. :)

Gator

I hadn't tried online because I actually had taken my granddaughter shopping for it. That's a great idea now, though! Thanks!

DaisyTweets

Here is a tidbit regarding Carrie's standing amongst all-time best selling album artists:

Lil Wayne has sold 12,884,000 albums, which puts him at #140 on Nielsen SoundScan's running list of the 200 best-selling album artists in its history. Other artists in this neighborhood on that chart: P!nk, Michael Buble, Counting Crows and Carrie Underwood.

Link: Week Ending Sept. 11, 2011. Albums: The Beatles Are Back - Chart Watch

Not bad for a career that's only 6 years old!!!!

clh_hilary

So Kelly Clarkson's "Mr. Know It All" opened very similarly with her own "Never Again", which was released in 2007, and debuted #7/#3 on the Hot 100/Hot Digital Songs. That's not a very good sign, but then it looks like it's holding up well on iTunes, unlike NA.

I wonder where is Carrie on the Top 200 album-selling artist list? She must be pretty close to 13 million copies of albums sold for now. But then, Nelson soundscan only started in 1991 so it's not all-inclusive by any means. Artists like Elvis Presley, the Beatles, Madonna, Janet Jackson, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Reba McEntire, Dolly Parton, Aretha Franklin, etc. are greatly 'diminished' for this despite being actual great sellers...I suppose the #1 artist of this list should be either Eminem or the Beatles? They came out #1 and #2 on last decade's album sellers list.

utlovescarrie

RM will be platinum before we know it! I think it is a solid number for Kelly. Will all the push for Jake/BBJN he sold about half but he is country vs. pop so that should be expected.