Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idol Sales 9/19/2012

simonplay

Idol albums

Carrie Underwood, Blown Away (15,000, -49%, 794,000) (#24 Billboard 200)Kelly Clarkson, Stronger (4,000, -14%, 929,000) (#89 BB200)
Phillip Phillips, American Idol (3,000, -13%, 80,000) (#156 BB200)
Mandisa, What If We Were Real (2,000, +41%, 212,000) (#170 BB200)
Bucky Covington, Good Guys (2,000, debut, 2,000) (#178 BB200)
Carrie Underwood, Some Hearts (2,000, -3%, 7.235 million)
Scotty McCreery, Clear as Day (2,000, -10%, 1.111 million)
Carrie Underwood, Play On (1,000, -4%, 2.136 million)
Skylar Laine, American Idol (1,000, -13%, 32,000)
Casey James, Casey James (1,000, +7%, 51,000)
Carrie Underwood, Carnival Ride (1,000, +3%, 3.28 million)
Casey Abrams, Casey Abrams (less than 1,000, +33%, 15,000)
Hollie Cavanagh, American Idol (less than 1,000, -15%, 13,000)

Idol track downloads

Phillip Phillips, Home (101,000, -9%, 1.653 million)
Carrie Underwood, Blown Away (67,000, -9%, 804,000)Nicki Minaj, Pound the Alarm (59,000, -13%, 530,000)
Kelly Clarkson, Dark Side (28,000, -18%, 519,000)
Nicki Minaj/Cassie, The Boys (25,000, debut, 25,000)
Kelly Clarkson, Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You) (17,000, -9%, 3.765 million)
Nicki Minaj, Starships (16,000, -13%, 2.696 million)
Nicki Minaj, Starships (12,000, -16%, 1.002 million)
Carrie Underwood, Good Girl (10,000, +5%, 1.339 million)
Casey James, Crying on a Suitcase (9,000, +32%, 53,000)
Mandisa feat. TobyMac, Good Morning (5,000, -2%, 196,000)
Brad Paisley/Carrie Underwood, Remind Me (5,000, -6%, 1.644 million)Carrie Underwood, Before He Cheats (5,000, +9%, 3.569 million)
Jason Aldean/Kelly Clarkson, Don't You Wanna Stay (4,000, -14%, 2.163 million)
Carrie Underwood, How Great Thou Art (2,000, +1%, 362,000)Jason Castro, Only a Mountain (1,000, 0 change, 12,000)
Jason Castro, Hallelujah [Album Version] (1,000, +114%, 106,000)
Mandisa, Stronger (1,000, -13%, 206,000)

Schrodinger

Does anyone find it strange that Sony hasn't shipped 71000 units to get Kelly to platinum. I can't image Sony's sales projections wouldn't justify that much of shipment, or that there would not be that much demand from retailers. Very strange. :confused:

Daraebe

Does anyone find it strange that Sony hasn't shipped 71000 units to get Kelly to platinum. I can't image Sony's sales projections wouldn't justify that much of shipment, or that there would not be that much demand from retailers. Very strange. :confused:

RCA is lazy and has been for years in regards to Kelly's shipments and certifications, so it doesn't surprise me

opry051008

Likely because of the age of Kelly's album, not much shelf space these days in the stores.

teesharky

For Xmas sales though-- they will need copies of Kelly's album in the stores, so surely she will be certified platinum soon. I don't blame her fans for being confused about Carrie's platinum cert before Kellys. Not that I am complaining. lol

teesharky

Pink is only projected to sell 200-200k. Not sure who predicted 350k- but way off.

Stlll very good numbers and very happy for her as she was never number 1 before apparently.

IS P!NK G.O.O.D. ENOUGH
TO BEAT KANYE FOR #1?

RCA Diva Has Edge Going Into Week, The Killers Look for Six Figure Debut

September 19, 2012

She’s the daring young diva on the flying trapeze. RCA diva P!nk’s latest, The Truth About Love, her sixth studio recording, is on target to be her first-ever # album, with a projected total of 200-225k. Her previous high was the #2 slot reached by the last album, 2008’s Funhouse.
That would be enough to top Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music compilation on Def Jam/IDJ, Cruel Summer, which may have suffered from a brief, one-day absence of the album from iTunes, but is gaining ground quickly, according to one-day sales reports from retailers both physical and digital lucky enough not to find themselves part of Mitt Romney’s 47% cut-off. At this point it looks like it will sell in the 170-190k range. We’ll keep an eye on the battle as we head into Friday’s Weakend Chart Preview.

Las Vegas alt-rockers The Killers’ Battle Born, their fourth Island/IDJ album and first since 2008’s Day & Age, should break six figures, with a projected total of 110-120k. The last one racked up 193k in its debut week.

Warp Records Brooklyn art-rock indie darlings Grizzly Bear—one of Jay-Z and Beyonce’s alterna-faves—is looking at an impressive first week of sales between 40-50k.

604/Schoolboy/Interscope Canadian popster Carly Rae Jepsen’s Kiss looks to be in the 35-40k range, with plenty of help from efforts by the label’s Scooter Braun to spread the world through social networking.

Mercury Nashville country singer-songwriter Easton Corbin’s All Over the Road, the sophomore follow-up to his self-titled debut in 2010, is on target for 25-30k, the same as Columbia alt-Americana rockers Band of Horses’ Mirage Rock, the Seattle band’s fourth album, the follow-up to 2010’s Grammy-nominated Infinite Arms.

Album sales were up 7% vs. last week, down 8% vs. same week last year and down 5% year to date.

Track sales were down 2% vs. last week, up 9% vs. same week last year and up 6% year to date.

TEA sales were up 4% vs. last week, down 4% vs. same week last year and down 2% year to date.

opry051008

Don't Kelly's older albums sell enough to be on the list like Carrie's are?

They probably do but Brian Mansfield, who posts these stats weekly, only has sources in Nashville so he only has access to stats from country artists once the album is not listed on the Billboard 200 chart.

clh_hilary

I think Kelly has poor catalog sales actually.

"Thankful" was a hit at its time, but quickly forgotten; "My December" was always a major disappointment; and "All I Ever Wanted" had stopped selling even before the era was officially over. Her only album with longevity was "Breakaway" and it was released 8 years ago. Classic albums like "Dark Side of the Moon" and "Jagged Little Pill" would still sell after 30 years, but "Breakaway" was really 'just' a standard hit album of its time. Keep in mind even Britney Spears, Madonna (bar her compilations), Cher, Barbra Streisand, Reba McEntire, Prince, etc.; i.e. Some of the biggest sellers of all-time, icons, living legends, etc. do not enjoy great catalog sales. Michael Jackson would not be selling much had he not died either. The only acts with consistent universal catalog sales are the Beatles and Pink Floyd.

thaifood

Sony has to apply for that certification. Perhaps they are waiting for a single to get certification at the same time & haven't pressed for the album yet.

Schrodinger

Just so I understand and don't look stupider that usual. Sony owns both RCA and Aritsa. I've hear Aritsa also referred to as Sony Nashville and Kelly referred to her label as Sony during her performance at the Troubadour. And I know about XIX. so while it is not technically correct, is saying their label is Sony acceptable? Until recently I have't really paid much attention to label consolidation and how many labels Sony has gobbled up. I really need coffee!

Daraebe

Sony has to apply for that certification. Perhaps they are waiting for a single to get certification at the same time & haven't pressed for the album yet.

No, it is more that RCA is lazy when it comes to certification of their artists. Kelly is due certification from previous albums and singles and I very much doubt she will get a certification for Stronger unless she asks for it.

Schrodinger

No, it is more that RCA is lazy when it comes to certification of their artists. Kelly is due certification from previous albums and singles and I very much doubt she will get a certification for Stronger unless she asks for it.

Why would they be so lazy - isn't in their best interest to have their artist certified? I don't get it. You'd think Narvel would be all over them like ugly on an ape. :confused::confused:

Daraebe

Why would they be so lazy - isn't in their best interest to have their artist certified? I don't get it. You'd think Narvel would be all over them like ugly on an ape. :confused::confused:

I don't understand it either but they have been that way for a while You would think it would give their artists some promo by the certifications but they seem to not really care that much about it. Her single "Stronger" isn't even certified.

bs63093

I LOOVE kely, that RCA label are real ass holes, Kelly is not the only artists to struggle with them also there are others who I dont remember right now haha also i wanted to say that I expected BA single to be selling over 100k and within the top 10 of hot 100 by now :( is there still hope ANYONE!!

opry051008

I LOOVE kely, that RCA label are real ass holes, Kelly is not the only artists to struggle with them also there are others who I dont remember right now haha also i wanted to say that I expected BA single to be selling over 100k and within the top 10 of hot 100 by now :( is there still hope ANYONE!!

Carrie's single sales have always been slow and steady in terms of sales. There's no need to worry, this one has been her fastest selling and she hasn't even hit the top of the radio airplay chart as yet and there's signs that the single is crossing to other formats. :)