Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idol sales from USA Today - 4/13/2011

Pi314CA

It's interesting to note that 4,000 of PO's sales the past week were digital sales. So perhaps the people who can't find the album in stores because it's not stocked properly are taking the time to search for it online instead.

Carrie Underwood, Play On (7,000, +77%, 1.984 million/4,000 digital, +132%, 238,000 digital total) (#73 BB200)

Adele re-takes top album spot; Jennifer Hudson drops from Top 10 - Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information

The digital sales seem to correlate with Play On being #1 country album mp3 download last week on Amazon.com for a number of the days.

BTW, I added the sales numbers for Undo It in the first post.

Last edited:

carriecountrystar

That's great to see :)...my theory has always been that it's up to the stores to, you know, restock their inventory. I don't know...but that's always been my theory. :)

from what I've read and seen before-it seems like labels have to negotiate with distributers-stores when distributing the CDs. I mean the label is the one deciding how much to stock the CDs country wide right? If the stores don't have the CDs left in their inventory because of lack of distribution then they really can't decide how many to put out for customers. Why else would there be countless SWSRN CDs (speak now, fearless) EVERYWHERE in bulks at stores than "carnival ride" or "play on"? perhaps the stores have their own secret agenda in which artist to promote? haha :)

Pi314CA

Couple of tweets about Carrie songs:

idolsnow‎ CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "Undo It" resurges 50-41 with bullet on Country Digital Songs chart following ACM performance with Steven Tyler.
Twitter - 15 minutes ago

idolsnow‎ CARRIE UNDERWOOD's "Temporary Home" continues to rebound on the Christian Digital Songs chart, up 22-19 with a bullet this week.
Twitter - 24 minutes ago

blondemama

I was in a store the other day and they had a ton of TS albums all 3 but had 1 copy od Carrie SH and no Carnival ride and 2 PO albums and were hard to find yet the TS albums had their own front end Gozillion copies so is that how the stats sre manipulated and this is a national chain. I wonder how much Big Machine has to pay for the advertisment like this. Of course the stand was full but the albums are counted because they were distributed right?. I ordered a copy of CR to replace my broken one I use in my car.

teesharky

I am very happy to see that increase. Thanx Steven tyler! lol The buzz from that performance is priceless.

clh_hilary

The digital sales seem to correlate with Play On being #1 country album mp3 download last week on Amazon.com for a number of the days.

BTW, I added the sales numbers for Undo It in the first post.

I still think we can't credit Amazon too much. Though the number is small (4000 copies) so Amazon could have paid a significant role.

but other than the "Speak Now" example I've raised, I'd also like to add that Rihanna sold her "Rated R" album on Amazon for only $0.99 during its opening week and she did not open with more than 190000 copies in SEVEN days, during THANKSGIVING week, as a follow-up to "Good Girl Gone Bad", which spurred hits like "Umbrella", "Shut Up and Drive", "Hate That I Lvoe You" (featuring Ne-yo), "Don't Stop The Music", "Take A Bow", "Distrubia", "Rehab" (featuring Justin Timberlake) and "If I Never See Your Face Again" (with Maroon 5), and having released two top 10 singles "Russian Roulette" and "Hard" (featuring Jeezy).

clh_hilary

This coming week is a pretty strong week. The #40 album sold more than 9000 copies, versus last year's around 8000 copies. This year is having increased sales compare to last year anyway, so I wouldn't be surprise if "Play On" drops off again. Next week will be Easter week, which means a sales boost for everyone. "Carnival Ride" got quite a strong bump during the two Easters it had experienced.