Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idol track sales - 12/30/2011

Pi314CA

'Idol' track sales see Christmas boom

Those Christmas gift cards did wonders for the download numbers last week. Unfortunately, I don't have all the numbers I'd like, including debut sales for Adam Lambert's and Clay Aiken's new singles.

However, Scotty McCreery saw weekly sales of his latest single, The Trouble With Girls, more than triple, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Downloads for that track went from 18,000 to 62,000. I Love You This Big had an even bigger jump, percentage-wise -- 359%.

Downloads for Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood's Remind Me duet more than double, and Carrie saw four other tracks have similar gains. Kellie Pickler and Mandisa also saw tracks more than double their sales from the previous week.

Scotty McCreery, The Trouble With Girls (62,000 weekly, +235%, 308,000 total)
Brad Paisley/Carrie Underwood, Remind Me (30,000, +114%, 1.278 million)
Scotty McCreery, I Love You This Big (20,000, +359%, 718,000)
Jason Aldean/Kelly Clarkson, Don't You Wanna Stay (14,000 +85%, 1.831 million)
Carrie Underwood, All-American Girl (9,000, +164%, 1.456 million)
Carrie Underwood, Before He Cheats (7,000, +155%, 3.349 million)
Carrie Underwood, Cowboy Casanova (7,000, +224%, 1.723 million)
Carrie Underwood, Undo It (6,000, +229%, 1.228 million)
Carrie Underwood, How Great Thou Art (4,000, +36%, 279,000)

Edit: Brian also posted album sales:

Carrie Underwood, Play On (6,000, +47%, 2.067 million)
Carrie Underwood, Some Hearts (6,000, +68%, 7.157 million)
Carrie Underwood, Carnival Ride (4,000, +84%, 3.234 million)

thunder92

Now, I might be mistaken. But this is from the last week leading up to christmas right? So next week we should see even larger gains for songs, correct?

Manchs

Now, I might be mistaken. But this is from the last week leading up to christmas right? So next week we should see even larger gains for songs, correct?

I think you're right, but I think the Christmas sales were split in two weeks, so, possible gains won't be so big.

Pi314CA

BHC is closing in on being the best selling single by an AI alum:

BHC 3,349,000 (as of 12/30/2011)
"No Air" 3,347,000 (as of 11/20/2011 per ChartWatch article)

Last edited:

carrieidol1

Judging by those sales, I still say "All-American Girl" was the biggest missed opportunity of her career thus far. It could have easily exploded on A/C and Pop as it was already gaining huge popularity. With how well it's sales still are, there's no reason why it shouldn't be at least Double platinum. They were too quick with "Last Name" and "All-American Girl" was left to fall when it was far from done...

paulsjoliebebe

she's doing great as usual yes the sales are split this year because Christmas fell on a Sunday the last day of the Tracking week though some people don't cash there itunes gift cards right away so BHC could go astronomical next week as in about 30k and will probably eventaully go 4x plat can't wait for the album numbers bet SH at least doubled in sales par christmas stocking stuffers it's hot on Music Boxes Heels in soundscan sales and could easily over take it by the time Carrie's new Album is out which will be before Mariah's as Mariah hasn't recorded much since her twins were born back in April