Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If I Didn't Love You chart updates

DoubleD777

Question, Billboard country indicator chart has it #1 with a date of 10/2. Does that mean it will be #1 for the week of 10/9?

CU4ever

It looks like #1 will come by Sunday the 17th as “my boy” will attempt to push for the top that week (and fail on billboard) & then we should get the following week too

CU4ever

Heads up- per everyone at Pulse, BBR will ask radio to slow down on playing IIDLY next week so they artificially push “my boy” to the top. It remains to be seen if this will work, but it could cause some trouble for IIDLY in two weeks thanks to “fancy like”

CU4ever

Lol, I can't see that sitting well with Jason's label. They'll push back.
Jason and Elvie are on the same label so they probably don’t care if IIDLY gets the short end of the stick. I would think capitol wouldn’t be happy about this

FanSince04

Wow, these are the updates we like to see. Very similar to when the song first began its journey up the charts. I love “My Boy” so I don’t mind seeing it hit number 1, but this song doesn’t need an artificial push 😊

Zach1998

Yeah I’m a little worried ngl about them planning on halting updates for IIDLY to try to get My Boy an artificial #1. Normally I wouldn’t but Fancy Like is seeing huge daily updates; if this stalls during next week sure My Boy will catch up BUT Fancy Like will too and it for the most part it has been seeing updates larger than IIDLY.
If for whatever reason this causes IIDLY to miss #1 on Mediabase or BB I’m not going to be too happy as next week was pretty much a lock for it to naturally get there.

CU4ever

Yeah, fancy like is outgaining IIDLY most days. If BBR holds IIDLY back next week than that is not going to be good in the long run. It’s all very disappointing considering IIDLY was a very rare and genuine smash hit, while “fancy like” only took off because it was used on some social media app.

rcramer

Totally disgusting on all levels... I just cant with FL.. Sad that songs like My boy which is very good has to creep for so long on the charts and then struggle at the end to get to the penthouse.... All due to manipulation...

maddkat

Staff member
the only reason the label would do this deal is if they already have a deal to get IIDLY to number one after My Boy ,and because aldean's album isn't out till Nov 12. But bottom line it's absurd to hold back a genuine hit for a song that has been out 14 months and no one will remember by Nov 1.