Carrie Underwood Fans

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If I Didn't Love You chart updates

maddkat

Staff member
IIDLY drops back to #2 (-13/+.163)
2 JASON ALDEAN/CARRIE UNDERWOOD If I Didn't Love You 7913 7707 206 35.190

monkeyboy16

Yeah it’s just obnoxious that the label didn’t settle for just a mediabase #1 for MB and give IIDLY the billboard #1 for this week. How many times have we seen Carrie be given the shaft from the billboard number 1, just so some male artist can get it instead.

CU4ever

I’m curious who will get the number one on billboard. MB is ahead in audience, but IIDLY will gain countdown spins while it will lose them

FanSince04

I know this is off topic, but I have to say I can’t stand Walker Hayes. His latest release is an auto-tuned, dumpster fire. If this is the sound he is going for just to be recognized as an artist or be heard, then that’s a hard pass. Please let this not become a country music trend. Ok, rant over.

maddkat

Staff member
IIDLY remains at #2 (-25/-.223)
2 JASON ALDEAN/CARRIE UNDERWOOD If I Didn't Love You 7888 7789 99 34.967

CU4ever

At this rate, IIDLY could literally lose the bullet by tomorrow (lost over 100 today and a week ago it was over 700). I’m not saying it won’t hit #1, it 110% will (plus FL lost a little bit today), I’m more just talking about how massively they slowed it down this week to inorganically push a song to the top. I’ve never seen them hold back a song this much. But I guess that’s how country radio works as we’ve come to know 😮💨

Last edited:

maddkat

Staff member
^ what? of course you have. SN did it with BHC so Dierks could hit #1 ( it was #1 they held it back a week and then it returned to #1), and with AAG which was two weeks at #1 and ready for a third before they pulled it so Alan Jackson could hit #1. Those are just examples with two of Carrie's songs. This is nothing new for country radio.

adam1995

At this rate, IIDLY could literally lose the bullet by tomorrow (lost over 100 today and a week ago it was over 700). I’m not saying it won’t hit #1, it 110% will (plus FL lost a little bit today), I’m more just talking about how massively they slowed it down this week to inorganically push a song to the top. I’ve never seen them hold back a song this much. But I guess that’s how country radio works as we’ve come to know 😮💨
Yeah, this literally happens constantly.

FanSince04

I’ve resided myself to accepting this is how the business works. Still, I find it comical, IIDLY had stayed within the Top 30 songs on iTunes since it’s debut with most of those weeks being in the Top 10. My Boy has not been able to make that same claim. Yes, sales and airplay are different. Just an observation that makes chart manipulation even more absurd.

monkeyboy16

I know this is off topic, but I have to say I can’t stand Walker Hayes. His latest release is an auto-tuned, dumpster fire. If this is the sound he is going for just to be recognized as an artist or be heard, then that’s a hard pass. Please let this not become a country music trend. Ok, rant over.
Omg I agree! The songs he’s releasing clearly just marketing tools to gain fame. It’s working in his favor, why I don’t know

CU4ever

Yeah, this literally happens constantly.
I’m just talking about the craziness of it in general. It’s one of the bigger ones we’ve seen. And I guess I’m not the biggest fan of MB either lol so I guess thats probably why I’m discussing it a lot😅

Last edited:

CU4ever

I am very curious to see the peak numbers that IIDLY makes it too. It’s always been a massive hit and if they’re pushing for three weeks, I wonder if it could make it to some really high spin and audience peaks